News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Civil War on Ivalyo VII - A Thirst For Power  (Read 10737 times)

Offline Koval, Master Verispex

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
  • Well, that was unexpected...
  • Armies: Imperial Guard (Indelvian 190th Mechanised)
Re: Civil War on Ivalyo VII - A Thirst For Power
« Reply #20 on: January 8, 2014, 03:27:57 AM »
Madigan will try to outflank from the south, as if the Sentinels are coming in from the north then that'll let Acer pull off a kind of rudimentary pincer assault.

Korama is behind you. :P

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #21 on: January 8, 2014, 01:38:59 PM »
Good Stuff!

Would Cassie prefer to arrive from the North, or the South? [You potentially get bonus intel based, on which you choose! There is potential bonus intel based on dropping in, or burrowing from beneath as well. Gives you something to do on turn 1. :) ]

PS: All Ambrasian Reserves have an ETA of Turn 2.

Madigan's Outflank roll allows her to arrive from the South.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2014, 01:40:18 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
« Reply #22 on: January 8, 2014, 02:48:37 PM »
Cassandra will come in from the north.  She'll hide out and watch from a distance, sneak up, and then rush in to flank them at turn 2! :)

One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #23 on: January 8, 2014, 09:13:40 PM »
Cassie's outflank rolls allow her to arrive from the north.

Hey Ranger! I forgot to ask, do you have a preference for your flag?

Offline ranger_scout

• For the Emperor and the Imperium!
« Reply #24 on: January 9, 2014, 09:55:23 PM »
A cadian gate symbol would be good and easy for you to draw...

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #25 on: January 9, 2014, 10:18:26 PM »
Oh, dammit, you told me that already. Details are for the scribes, I just need to hire one... Deployment pics will be up this weekend, and we'll be ready for orders / reserve posts as soon as they're up. :D

Post Merge: January 11, 2014, 08:25:55 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

I'd like to take a moment and thank you guys, for having the patience to deal with a lot of downtime between the first and second missions. I've been SOOOooo... sick, and I'm finally on my way out of it. I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things!

Within a week, the Ambrasian task force has arrived at the underground refinery, only to find that the Ivalyans have been overrun by another force. While dressed similarly to the Ivalyan military, all Imperial iconography has been defaced, and a green Hydra-like creature has been painted over top of them...

There appears to be a firefight occurring within the Southeast bunker, with Lasblasts and explosions creating flashes through the fireports.

As you near the battlefield, you find your communications are being jammed, other than the public band, normally reserved for civilian communication.

“... The Will shall hear your words, and know that we resist your demented efforts. You can not defeat us. You've thrown your lot with the sons of the Dark Gods, and subjugated your will to that of those enslaved by madness!”

”Can't defeat you?” A clipped, professional voice inquires. “We've already placed the charges. The refinery is going to be dropped onto the supply train. We don't need to defeat you. Gravity, some Det-tubes, and a little bit of time will do that for us. Surrender, and we shall spare your lives, and as many of the workers as can escape. Refuse, and you shall all be exterminated.”

The calm, assured voice continues, “Your Will has sown the seeds of his own destruction. How can a man stand against the Astartes? A single Marine is worth a hundred men, and there is a company of them. He has drawn their attention by overthrowing the government. It is just a matter of time, before your upstart Will is destroyed. We follow the only logical choice. The Hydra Marines have come to restore order to our world. They've ordered us to destroy the refinery, and to stop the supply train. This will cripple the resistance in the capital. Your Will can't charge clips, or create shells from thin air, and he will fall. Captain Crovax has assured me of this. No dark Gods, just good, Imperial justice.”

“FOOL! Your Astartes masters are Alpha Legion, The Will has seen it! They seek to subvert you, so that they can capture the planet and wage war upon the Imperium.”

”I believe you have your story backwards, zealot,” The voice continues with certainty. “It is your Will that seeks to wage war upon the Imperium. We shall stop your leader, and halt this foolish war.”

Overview:

Acer grunted in irritation, and opened the Vox channel. “Ivalyans, I am Colonel Acer of the 519th Ambrasian regiment. We require the refinery in one piece, so that we can restock our fuel and energy cells. We're happy to help you capture the refinery from those that follow the Will, so that we can aid you in retaking the capital.”

Ambrasian Deployment Zone:

From Left to Right...

Antonoch [In trees]
Nor Erlock [Mostly Hidden]
Oxnard
#2 – Eduard
#4 – Grimaldus [Ground floor of Ruin]
#5 – Thantos
Acer
#1 – Rodriguez
#3 – Ferdinand

Ivalyan Rebel Deployment Zone:

B – ISQ [Hidden]
F – PCS [Embarked in Bunker, also hidden]
E – CCS [Top of watchtower]
H – Vets in Chimera
C – ISQ
A – ISQ [Ground Floor of Ruins]
I – Hellhound
J – Basilisk

A tired voice breaks in, ”Captain Harold, these men are traitors. * wheeze * They seek to bring aid to the enemy. * wheeze * You are to continue as planned. * wheeze * Bring down the refinery!”

“Yes, Sir, Lord Crovax. Ambrasians, we shall not be fooled by your treachery. Ivalyans! Hold your ground, the mission continues!”

Acer hung his head in resignation. “Ivalyans, that zealot speaks the truth. Marines marked with a hydra are Alpha Legion. They specialize in infiltrating Imperial organizations and turning them against their brothers. Think about it, the Astartes aren't allowed to requisition Guardsmen. Only the Inquisition holds that kind of power. It's been that way for 10 000 years, why would that suddenly change? Why have you defaced the Aquila? Think about it!”

Angled View:

The bright flash of a Lascannon scorched the ground in front of Acer's Chimera.

”Ambrasians, you shall not sway us from our course," Harold's voice is slightly less certain. "Withdraw now, and we can parlay after the refinery has been brought down. Prove your loyalty by not interfering with our mission!”

“Emperor curse you, Captain Harold. We don't need to shed blood. Why destroy the refinery, when capturing it would provide you resources for the campaign?” Acer demanded.

“Neither of you shall take the refinery, The Will has foreseen everything. You...” The Zealot begins before being cut off.

”The refinery shall be destroyed. That's the only warning shot you'll get, Colonel. Withdraw, and we can parlay after the battle is concluded. Our course is set, it makes sense.”

“Ambrasians, spread out. We need to take control of the terminals. There are no friendlies here.” Acer announced, already regretting the wasted resources that should have been used to capture the capital...

Deployment is set. PM's with Reserve intel will be outgoing shortly. Any telecommunication is on a public band.

I'm ready for 1st turn orders! :D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:52:41 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Trokair

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2014, 03:27:45 AM »
The engine idled for a few movements wile Nor Erlok surveyed the enemy position. The Tech Guard used the break to recheck their weapons and offer up binary prayer to the Omnissiah. The click of Bolter rounds being chambered reverberated like an echo, finished off with a hiss as the Melta-cannon warmed up.

Nor Erlok issued orders to his Tech Guard and readied his own weapon. The driver put the Centaure in gear and set off towards the enemy while the remaining Skitarri aimed their weapons at the enemy, waiting to get into effective range.

[Occ]The Centaur will move forwards so that it is next to the allied infantry (on the forest side) or slightly behind, I am note hundred percent sure of scale and how far things will get. If enemy forces are in range (I am guessing the Chimera or Hellhound) the unit will open fire, first with the Melta-cannon and then the three bolters (as the two meltaguns are defiantly out of range, and one of those TechGuard is actually manning the Melta-Cannon). [/occ]
Sometimes, the best answer is a more interesting question.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2014, 06:52:30 AM »
Scale is 1/3... meaning that each dark box is 1 foot square in a "real" game.

So you can probably move forward half a dark box, and fire a melta cannon up to two dark boxes [8 small squares] away. Chances are good that one or the other would move into range. Which would you prioritize? You're welcome to issue an order like,

"I'm going to move forward and shoot the Chimera, unless it's out of range then I'll shoot the Hellhound." Something like that. "If there are any infantry in range, I'll open fire with the bolters as well." Works too.

Offline Halollet

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2014, 09:48:58 AM »
Cassandra's unit sits perched on a hill side near the battle ground.  With Acer's final word coming across the com Cassie simply turns to Flint and says, "I was right."

Flint takes a deep breath and nods, saying nothing in return.

"Ma'am. Dust cloud. Behind us." one of her new solider says.

"Frak" curses Cassandra, "Flint get over here." as she scrambles to get a better vantage point.  Looking through her scope and flint through his binoculars she asks, "Can't quite make it out..... Oh Frak, is that what I think it is?"

Knowing Cas so well, all Flint simply says is, "Yup."

"Ma'am, what's going on?" ask a solider.

"We need to get in this fight now! Follow me and advance like I showed you n00bs." Cassandra orders, a shudder in her voice.

Her team makes it down the hill side, moving from cover to cover and staying low and out of sight, advancing on the battle field quickly.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:51:41 AM by Halollet »
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline ranger_scout

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2014, 08:57:50 PM »
On Lt. Antonochs orders Shelly was "staking" in the woods being as stealthy as a nearly five meter tall tank could be.  Engines off and battery powering the auspex he was out of the top hatch binoculars in two hands and the battle pict on a data rune leaning on the open hatch.  Speaking into the micro bead attached to his right ear he broadcasts on local speaker to the crew

"We got two vehicles ahead looks like Imperial design a chimera and a hellhound..." he pauses briefly

"we should take those on but keep and eye out for the infantry on the tower there guys seems like they have a lascannon.  Otherwise moderate disposition of infantry spread in ruins and by vehicles."

"On my order Sammy turn her over, as soon as she is revved get the cannon on that chimera we got a good shot at it, Elfitman las shoots at it to doubles the odds shoot slightly after the main shot." Antonoch commanded his crew knowing the others already knew there spot to reload the gun or have the bolters at the ready.

“... The Will shall hear your words" vox conversation started on the battle wide net soon after the orders where warned about. 

"darn civilian channels" the Lt muttered under his breath glad his crew could not hear this chaotic hog wash as he operated the comms.

Ignoring the whole conversation basically in and out he heard acers last remarks

“Ambrasians, spread out. We need to take control of the terminals. There are no friendlies here.”

Closing the tank hatch and getting ready for the full on roar of battle Antonoch settles him self in his seat.

only thing left to do is to give the word once the infantry advance.

Offline Trokair

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 04:05:22 PM »
So you can probably move forward half a dark box, and fire a melta cannon up to two dark boxes [8 small squares] away. Chances are good that one or the other would move into range. Which would you prioritize?
Hellhound I think. As its flamer weapons will roast the friendly infantry, and mean that they cannot really use the cover in front of them. Thanks for clarifying
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 05:13:59 PM by Trokair »

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 05:10:53 PM »
Ummm... You're welcome, but I didn't catch the poem part. :)

Either way, I've completed the rolls and moves and such. Story post should be up tomorrow, PM's sent on Sunday with results, looking for turn 2 orders by next Thursday / Friday.

Things did not go well for the Ivalyans...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 05:12:38 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Trokair

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2014, 05:15:31 PM »
I have no idea what happened there, not what I wanted to post, and not something I have written, rather confused now.

Anyway edited the post and rewrote what I originally wrote. Though I guess  it does not matter now.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 05:16:43 PM by Trokair »

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2014, 08:09:33 PM »
Ok, 'cause I was confused too. For what it's worth, you shot at the Hellhound. :)

M2 T1 Story Post

All units in “ruins” are on the ground floor. Currently, all objectives are controlled by the Ivalyans loyal to The Will. If you "save picture as" the photos, you can save them to your computer, open them, and then zoom in on things, if you are having trouble seeing anything. I mean, if you aren't worried about viruses and other evil internet things. :D

The Hydra-Ivalyans took a beating this turn. Also, the dice gods felt that anyone armed with something more significant than a lasgun had to die this turn. Sergeants would mostly be dead, were it not for LOS rolls. In fact, every unit that took damage this turn would have lost their Sarge, otherwise.

Lieutennant Rodriguez looked out the left viewport, and gave a sour look to Colonel Macrophyllum's Chimera. He had a feeling that his commanding officer was keeping a closer eye on him of late. He didn't like that.

“Harrington, what are those punta del pene doing? Kill those men running up to the access door.” Rodriguez waved his hand towards the sprinting Ivalyans with the strange markings.

Harrington didn't speak Rodriguez' language, but he caught the gist of what he wanted. He opened up the Multi-laser's controls, and began spraying las blasts into the advancing infantry. “Some down, sir. Disciplined buggers, they're returning fire” Harrington informed him. Most of the shots went wide, but one dinged off the front armour.

The rest of his squad popped up through the top access door, and opened fire, downing some more of the enemy with a couple well placed Plasma blasts. Rodriguez has managed to convince one of the Techies to lend him a pair of Plasma Rifles, in exchange for leaving some hack-packets on any data terminals he found. The Colonel's Chimera also opened fire into the infantry, and a couple of frag rounds arced out of their top hatch towards the targets as well.

Harrington reported the results. “Colonel Macrophyllum's unit has reduced the enemy to two poor bastards with lasguns, sir.”

Leave it to the Colonel, to show him up in front of his men. “Bring the weapons around again, I want...”

“INCOMING!” Harrington interrupted with a bellow. An explosion erupted in front of the Chimera. “Damnit, weapons offline, sir. Working on it.”

“Then run those cabrons down! Get us out of the shell zone!” Rodriguez ordered.

A large slab of plascrete fell from the side of the bunker.

Sergeant Eduard lead his squad onto objective Bravo. He kept a nervous eye on the Hellhound driving towards their location. “Ivan, you must be working fastly, to ouvre la porte. If we are not below the earth soonly, we shall be suffering the fire of death.”

“Yees, Sar!” Ivan replied. He tapped furiously at the dataslate, understanding how desperately they needed to get below ground.

Behind him, Sergeant Grimaldus' squad had bypassed the security door, but were encountering stiff resistance from an Infantry Squad that had been guarding the control room.

The Hellhound's turret came around, but Ivan hadn't finished yet. Eduard knew that Ivan was the squad's best chance to get through the door, but he was also pretty sure that Ivan wasn't going to get there in time. His squad was scything down the Hydra-marked infantry near the bunker, so he hoped they were distracted from what was coming for them.

As the first gout of flame burst out from the Hellhound, Eduard grabbed trooper Jacobs, whom was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Together, they formed a wall in front of Ivan as a sea of flame washed over them. Their bodies shielding Ivan from direct harm.

Mon Dieu, mon Dieu! Eduard screamed, as the burning prometheum consumed him.

* If you click the picture below, it should open in a new window, in the correct orientation. I have no idea why it is being displayed like this. About 1/15 pics I put on photobucket do that for some reason, when I link to them. *

Captain Harold observed the battlefield, and hoped that his reserves would arrive quickly. The Hydra Marine's reserves, anyhow. He knew that his Storm Troopers were a ways off yet.

Lieutenant Kyle's vox signal had gone silent, which bode ill for the efforts to take the Southern bunker. Why the infantry had run forward into such overwhelming firepower was beyond him. He assumed that the Lieutenant had hoped to use them as a distraction, while he gained control of the bunker. Perhaps he'd thought that the low walls around the access door would limit their casualties? Harold reflected that the traitors had likely saved him the trouble of executing Kyle for incompetence.

To the East, the heavy infantry had successfully gained access to the control room below the ruins, and had seen off the workers protecting it following a volley of shots and a one-sided melee. They had to kill each and every one of the Zealot's men, but they'd done so with remarkable efficiency. The loss of the energy weapons would cost them dearly, but the control room was open and gaining control of the console inside would be short work.

“Lionel, I want the Southern Chimera destroyed. Aim a bit high, I don't want you hitting the wall instead.” The weapon team fired, but the shot was low, and after burning through the wall, the beam didn't have enough penetrating power to make it through the Chimera's hull. Harold turned slowly towards the team, and glowered at them. To their credit, they didn't notice. They were busy reloading the energy cell.

To the North, things were going absolutely terribly. The infantry on foot had succeeded in opening the door, but had taken a surprising amount of casualties from the blasts directed at the nearby vehicles, and the now smouldering infantry in the central ruins. They'd been chased down by some workers, and it looked like their giant of an Overseer would kill the last of them with a pipe wrench. How could such well trained soldiers be routed by brutes that didn't even have proper weapons?

Captain Harold shook his head. He held out his hand for the Vox unit, and broadcast over the open channel. “Basilisk. Next shot, aim 5 degrees north, 50 feet less.” He hoped that would discourage the Chimerae from advancing, which might give the exposed infantry a chance to fall back and try to claim the bunker from whatever had slain Kyle's command squad. With any luck, they'd killed each other with a grenade or something, and the two men still standing could just walk in.

He was bloodied, and hurt, but he'd survived. His will was strong, and so he'd survived. He wasn't sure what to call himself. His old name would have no meaning now, but none of The Chosen were nearby to name him for his accomplishment.

Strange, but just another challenge he would overcome. A smile crossed his lips. Perhaps he would no longer need a name. Perhaps he'd overcome that frailty as well? The Will worked in mysterious ways.

Struggling, he moved to the com unit, and broadcast for all to hear. “I hold the controls in the Southern Bunker, in the name of The Zealot. Your meagre efforts have failed. You are blind to the fate you've condemned yourselves to. The fate of your masters shall be your own. None shall move me, for I have decided my course, it is my will!”

He released the control and slumped down to rest. Just for a moment...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:34:22 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline ranger_scout

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2014, 02:40:50 PM »
Crump! went the main gun shaking the whole tank on it's treads it's shell ripping though the forest and hit right into the chimera that Blessett was aiming for smoke and debris obscured the target.  A short second later a high pitch screech rang out and Antonoch Watched as the las cannon shot went wide into the smoke and debris where the first shell landed.

The smoke thinning clearing the view to the chimera that was hit by the battle cannon revealing it was nothing more then a smoking wreck and crater with it's large parts thrown around nearby and it's small bits all over the place.  The infantry near the chimera where no exception to the deadly mess between the concussive explosion and spraying shrapnel form the exploded APC many Isvalyans paid the price.  Burnt corpses and maimed bodies lay around the wreck and creator in various positions few of which looked natural and none looked comfortable due to the nature of their deaths.

cluck chunk.... sounds came from down in the turret with Iffit and Blessett taking out the spent shell cartridge.

"Load HE another soft amour target" Lt. Antocnoch yelled into the tanks internal comm's knowing half his crew where now at a loss of hearing from the noise of the shot.  Checking the range on the auspex and the view from his periscope he did not take his eyes of his work casually barking out his orders with mechanical precision that a veteran tank commander could only achieve.

Hearing another cluck and a reassuring slam which the Lt. knew to be the slamming of the breach to the main cannon.

Distance confirmed, Lt Antonoch keyed his microbead again.  "75m closing fast on the infantry, Hellhound tank 1 HE one LAS on my mark!"

The turret started to trace along the path the Hell hound was going lining up for a shot.  As the perspective from the command seat shifted slightly.  From the outside of Shelly the camouflaged patterned russ's las cannon traversed a bit sort of flowing the turrets re adjustments, ready to fire it's lethal shot as well the main cannon.  It is a site of awe to view the emperor's instrument of death so closely and in action it is a site that fills guardsmen with pride, yet a site so lethal to the enemy of man.

"Fire!" Rang out to the crew though the speakers with a commanding voice, warning the non main armament crews to brace.  More importantly to pull the lanyard on the main gun and hit the switch on the las to send the lethal pay load to Shelly's foes.

All this in seconds after the first shot demonstrated Lieutenant Veritas Antonoch Command ability of the tank.

OCC Shelly shot well this turn :D  and for my next turn he is going to shoot at the hell hound to prevent the infantry from being roasted OCC
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:47:12 PM by ranger_scout »

Offline Halollet

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2014, 10:57:08 PM »
Explosions from the battle field echo across the hill side as Cassandra's veterans make their way towards the fighting.

"Frak... our guys arn't doing so good." Cassandra mutters to herself before turning to her squad, "Guardsmen of the Imperium of Man! Its time to frak some traitors! Ready Weapons!"

Cheers ring up from the squad when the sound pounding, metal footsteps interrupt them and advance on their position. 

The Scout Sentinel squadron approaches Sergeant Cassie. A drawling, almost slurring voice calls out, and Cassie immediately recognizes Sergeant Desmond, the leader of this particular trio of Sentinels.

"AAiy, Sahjent Kahs." Desmond greets, his grease smeared face grinning out from his walker. "Whey-bouts dah yoo 'tink you an yo's be go'in tah strayhk? D'yah whahnt halp, or d'yah 'tink Aaiy sh'ud taiyk on some'tin else?"

Flint can't help but have a bizarre look upon his face when he heard Desmond.

Cassandra simply nods and points to the field.  "Take out that Hellhound that's left is flank open to us and cover my ass while I deal with that baskilisk before it fires again." Cassandra says to Desmond.  Turning to Flint she says, "Flint! Get The be-atch ready, I want this done right the first time."

Flint just stands there stupefied for a moment by the fact that Cassandra actually understood that poor excuse for communication.  Shaking it off he says, "R-right" and preps the melta missile.

"Squad, charge in behind the sentinels and take cover behind that bunker and wait for my signal.  Ready Desmond?" Cas calls out.

Desmond's sentinel brings its weapon to full power, "Yoo's bet y'er leef on dat Sahjent!" and laughs to himself.

The two units charge in from the flank into grid 1-D.  The Sentinels foots steps ringing like doom as they open fire at the side armour of the Hellhound .  The Veteran Squad charges in behind them and takes cover behind the bunker as Cassandra slides into position on the far north side of the bunker.  She has perfect aim at the Basilisk before she even comes to a full stop.  Flint has a loads the be-atch into the launcher and as soon as he does, Cassandra fires a crack shot right at the side armour.

After the missile is away, before even seeing if she hit or not, she grabs the vox and turns on the only channel available.  "ACER!" she screams into the mic, "You had better be listening to this! We have an enemy rhino inbound. I repeat; an enemy rhino inbound."  Cassandra takes and deep breathe and then says ominously, "They're here."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 12:57:42 AM by Halollet »

Offline Koval, Master Verispex

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
  • Well, that was unexpected...
  • Armies: Imperial Guard (Indelvian 190th Mechanised)
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2014, 04:41:39 AM »
"Sir!" the Colonel's vox-man addressed him. Acer couldn't help but turn his head. A voice was crackling in his ear, sounding impossibly distant yet close enough that the speaker could've been standing next to him.

"What is it?"

"I'm picking up a second channel. A secure channel, sir. Something's trying to cut through the jamming."

"Colonel Acer," the voice repeated, now sounding much clearer as the vox-man twiddled a couple of arcane dials. "Please confirm you are receiving."

"Who is this?" Acer queried, confusion overlaid with sudden frustration. "I demand you identify yourself. How do you know my name?"

"You are Macrophyllum. Acer. Colonel. Human. Loyal to the Imperium," the speaker explained, his -- or its -- voice a mechanical warble in Acer's ear. "We are Korama Tahvo. We will exchange words."

Acer paused, a flash of recognition igniting in the back of his memory. "How did you find me?"

"We are a servant of the Machine. Through the holy Machine-Spirit of the Omnissiah, all things become possible. Our litanies of communication bypassed the unhallowed jamming tech. You alone can hear us."

Acer allowed the information to sink in, reassured that he was talking to an ally.

"We would remind you that you are still speaking on an open broadcast. Whatever you transmit will be received by everyone on the battlefield."

Acer nodded -- not that the machine-man could see him -- and feigned a fit of towering indignation. "Report!" he shouted into the vox.

"We have gained access to the bunker designated Delta Ena."

Acer took a set of magnoculars and zoomed in on the bunker, Korama's words not quite matching up in his mind with the fighting just outside.

"We are aware of external conflict," Korama added as an afterthought. "Colonel Acer. The Omnissiah will provide. Executing litanies of sabotage and engaging chants of subterfuge. You will have the bunker."

The channel went dead, jammed once more, and Acer swore under his breath at the Tech-Priest's sense of timing as he returned his attention to the battle.

[OOC]
Madigan is still arriving, so nothing from her, but before I give her Turn 2 order I'd like to know exactly where on the southern board edge Firebug will be arriving, and what her closest targets will be.

Assuming it takes just an Assault phase to make a Tech-Use test, Korama will make a pot shot out of the bunker at D1 (yes, he did say the number 1 in Greek just now) and then make his Tech-Use test from inside the bunker. If he needs both his Shooting and Assault phases to test Tech-Use then he'll just focus on that.
[/OOC]

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2014, 02:25:13 PM »
[ooc]

Madigan is welcome to arrive wherever she'd like, just pick a location. She passed her outflank roll. I think she also has some inside information about an arriving enemy...

I have been doing tech-tests as a "once-per-turn free action" at the end of whatever phase the unit moves into contact. So for the most part, on turn one, these tests were taken at the end of the movement phase.

In Korama's case, the test will be made at the end of his movement phase [To attempt to gain control of the Objective, since he's already inside, that sneaky git!] and pass / fail, he's free to carry on the rest of his turn. That's a bit different from what I'd originally outlined, but I had a change of mind and decided that there weren't enough turns to be opening doors and then trying the computers if that was a "whole turn" action.

[/ooc]

Offline ranger_scout

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2014, 11:22:24 AM »
OCC
Halollet not sure if there is another target that the setinals should/could engage?  A Leman russ is hopefully powerful enough to kill a 2 hull point hell hound?  Meaning overkill and wasted shots?

At the same time it does kinda make sense as it is a big threat to the infantry in the AO

OCC

Offline Trokair

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2014, 11:42:59 AM »
The afterglow of the Melta-cannon’s shot obscured Nor Erlok vision for a fraction of a section before filters in his helmet adapted. The thermal blast left an ionised streak in its path, striking the enemy hellhound head on. Front armour and the left track guard diapered in a cloud of noxious vapour. Molten metal dripped off the tank and into the newly created hole. The entire left side was glowing but the hellhound, true to its name rumbled on unsteadily.  Tactical analysis in his helmet showed Nor Erlok that he had missed the critical components by a few centimetres; the damaged he had caused was extensive, but trivial.

As he ran calculations to adjust his aim his Tech-guards opened fire towards the rear, glancing around he saw enemy infantry pouring out of the ruins basement. Two went down from his Tech-guards fire as he watched.

Ahead the limping hellhound was in his sight, but another tactical analysis popped up in Nor Erlok’s helmet, the Lemon Russ’s weapons projections fire arc where tracking the hellhound, while allied marked Sentinels walked into sight by bunker. Between them and the Russ they would finish the Hellhound.

Nor Erlok made a split decision,  there where enemies behind them. Bursts of bianrry to the driver changed the Centaurs path, heading between the two ruins towards the road. His Tech-guard continued firing at the recently emerged infantry, taking care not to hit the allies slight further away.

One of Nor Erlok Mechadendrite plucked a grenade from his belt and started spinning it catapult like, aimed into the ruins by another tactical program, calculating the trajectory so as to maximize damage and avoid the allied infantry.

[OOC] Orders: The centaur will move south-east, the tech guard fire at the infantry that they shot at last turn, Nor Erlck will lob a Frag grenade. I think the Melta-cannon will not be able to fire due being a fixed weapon and not a turret, and a south-east directional facing will not have the infantry in the front arc, if they are then the melta-cannon will also fire.

Edit: Just saw Ranger’s post, there is a inbound enemy Rhino, so maybe they can re-aim at that, since Cassandra is the one who spotted the Rhino and gave the Sentinels their orders.[/OOC]         
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:42:11 PM by Trokair »