News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: House of Cards -- game thread  (Read 12371 times)

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: House of Cards -- game thread
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2013, 07:04:18 AM »
Casteau supresses a moment of panic, before nudging The Black Knight. "You're up, big guy."

"Sapper, get that slagger up. Sniper! Target the joints. Slow him down, you aren't going to get him in one shot unless you can put it through an eye piece," Victor notes the smoke. "And even then... who knows."

Casteau will open with some diversion shots, trying to flank the monster in front of him, assuming our SM friend charges ahead per usual. Trying to set up a "Backstab". :)

Offline Koval, Master Verispex

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
  • Well, that was unexpected...
  • Armies: Imperial Guard (Indelvian 190th Mechanised)
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2013, 05:05:05 AM »
As Casteau nudges what he thinks is Brother Aret, a loud clatter meets your ears as an empty suit of gunmetal grey power armour topples over and separates noisily into its constitutent parts. Clearly not Brother Aret's suit of Mark IV warplate, the armour is badly damaged and appears to be pitted with countless tiny scars, as if the wearer had been subjected to a deluge of flying razor blades. A massive rent in the breastplate indicates a fatal wound from a chainsword or powerblade -- you're not entirely sure which -- and there are smaller gouges on the armour's gauntlets and greaves. Whoever this Space Marine was, someone evidently took great care in turning his armour into an immobile monument.

But a monument to what?

Brother Aret himself is nowhere to be seen. Looking around, you also notice that Corporal Verdon has vanished.

Casteau's lasbolts pierce the smoke and glance off the Space Marine's armour, the shots intended to distract the monster and create an opening for an attack that will not come.

"YOU LEFT THEM," it tells you. "YOU LET THE DARKNESS TAKE THEM. THEY SCREAM, ALONE, IN THE VOID. THEIR CRIES ARE MEANINGLESS."

It takes a step towards Casteau and inclines its head towards him.

"THE PARASITE QUEEN SENT YOU TO DIE," it tells him. "SHE SENT YOU TO PROTECT HER SECRETS. YET HER SECRETS ARE AS A HOUSE OF CARDS. EVEN NOW THEY COLLAPSE AROUND HER."

The smoke around the giant seems to darken.

"AND THERE IS NOTHING SHE CAN DO TO STOP IT."

[OOC]
Brother Aret and Corporal Verdon are not dead. I have not killed them off. However, considering that Khemri and Killing Time haven't posted in this thread for a while, it didn't make a whole lot of sense to say "they're there but they're not doing anything". So right now, the door is very definitely open for Aret and Verdon to come back; in-universe, time is behaving very badly in the tenebro-maze and they're experiencing chronological incontinence.
[/OOC]

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2013, 10:29:42 AM »
Casteau barks a grim laugh.

"They're just a little late. I'm sure they'll be along shortly." Casteau tosses his head to the right, chin up, as he strides to the monster in front of him. "You know how frustrating warp travel is these days, it would drive the weak to madness, I'm told. How's your sanity holding up, Traitor?"

Casteau sheaths his Macheort Sword, and grabs his frag, flicking the pin and holding the trigger down, deadman switch style. He'll aim for more critical shots, and if he gets within arms reach of the creature in front of him, he'll try to wedge the grenade someplace vital, like between his helmet and backpack. :)

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2013, 01:41:35 PM »
Okay guys, I appreciate that it's summer in the northern hemisphere, and that some people simply haven't been on the forum for a while, but at the moment it looks like it's just me and GBT.

Am I doing something silly here? 'Cos you guys can totally tell me if I'm doing something silly.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2013, 01:56:38 AM »
Yeah sorry, I have been trying to get into this, but there is something with this play and its pacing that is just not sitting well with me. I will try to do better.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

• Ancient
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2013, 10:13:01 AM »
I'll admit the update schedule is a bit haphazard, but a lot of the time I'm torn between wanting to advance the plot and waiting for players to add their own content. Considering that I'm not entirely sure how many of us are left, that's harder than it sounds :P
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:23:12 AM by Koval, Master Verispex »

• Ancient
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2013, 04:03:12 AM »
Apologies to all involved, but I think this RP has just ground to a halt -- I'm going to close it down now rather than artificially prolong it.

I will send a PM to remaining participants and anyone who wants to see a conclusion.