News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Sleeping Gods I: Return to Encaris V (interest and OOC thread, All Spots Full)  (Read 11923 times)

Offline Foalchu

The War Walker Pilot could have some bonesinging skills, like making minor repairs to his walker, etc.

I've always thought corsairs were pretty much your average eldar, but a lot less inhibited socially, and more prone to showing emotional stuff.  To my knowledge the "Path of the Outcast" encompasses corsairs, and is really just a label put on them by craftworlders rather than any indication that they follow a strict path-based system.
"Some call the Eldar decadent.  If that is true, the Imperial Army could do with some of that decadence."
"We warned you of the price of your actions, now you must pay it in full - in blood."
*cringe-worthy teen sig section removed*

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
Background for Ythoelle is up.

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
Looks good Foalchu!

Looking forward to having Ythoelle back again.
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
  • Armies: Malifaux :P
Name: Dythen de Altansar

Combat Profile: Guardian (because he is not a part of any organised military, Dythen's options and experience is limited to those on the Path of the Warrior)

Appearance: Tall, sleek and light-skinned, Dythen is a typical Eldar. Attractive by Eldar standards, he wears a mane of long dark hair that is always kept loose. Deep green eyes house a dream-like gaze, that Dythen rarely has focussed on the task at hand. He is well-exercised, and wears a set of Guardian armour painted in the deep red of his Craftworld.

Background: Born on the Craftworld Altansar, Dythen lived much of his life separated from contact with all other Eldar, as he, and the rest of his Craftworld lived a nightmarish existence within the Eye of Terror, until the Phoenix Lord Maugan Ra rescued them, some ten thousand years after they were lost to its immaterial pull.

During this time, Dythen completed a number of different minor Paths, bringing to each a finesse and skill not expected for one of his nature. When he turned two-hundred, he began the Path of the Dreamer, and nearly two-hundred and fifty years later, found himself almost lost upon it.

As a result of this, Dythen had spent more of his existence in dream than in reality. Strangely, in the midst of the Eye of Terror, Dythen's dreams were tranquil and calming.

Not long before Maugan Ra launched his counter-invasion to return Altansar to reality, Dythen left the Path of the Dreamer, and was planning choose another Path, when the rescue began.

Dythen was relieved to be returned to the materium. But the other Craftworlds weren't. Somehow, the citizens of Altansar had managed to remain untouched by the taint of Chaos, and this aroused much suspicion in other Eldar.

Seeking to prove that his people were worthy of their kin's trust, Dythen became a wanderer, one other Eldar might describe as travelling the Path of the Outcast.

He cobbled together what weaponry he could find, and aided those Eldar in need, participating in many battles and skirmishes beside Eldar of the Craftworlds Lugganath and Ulthwé in particular.

More recently, Dythen was recommended for a mission to retrieve the spirit stones lost on the planet Encaris V.

Gear: Dythen carries a pair of common-forged swords, each adorned with the crest of Altansar. A shuriken pistol he acquired shortly after leaving his Craftworld is kept on his belt at all times, while a shuriken catapult rests slung over his back. What he lacks for in gear he makes up for in improvisation and manoeuvrability. Also wears Guardian armour.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2012, 06:53:39 AM by Saracenar »

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
Name: Uriel Esshelenral

Description: Uriel stands at about average height for Eldar males.  His face is long and thin, nearly to the point of being gaunt even by Eldar standards.  He has prominent cheekbones which serve to frame his blue eyes.  His purple hair is cut short and brushed back.  His hands are strong and supple both from years of training with bonesinging insturments and years piloting his War Walker, Salensral.

Background: Uriel began on the path of the Bonesinger after reaching adulthood.  After about a century of practice, repair, design, and playing support roles in combat he tired of the path and sought another.  It wasn't so much the playing that bored him, he quite enjoyed it, actually, but rather the inability to directly act in Ath-Ron's many battles.  For a small Craftworld like his, there was a lot of social pressure to serve and defend, but being a mechanic never seemed to garner the respect it deserved.

Soldiers were obviously lauded for putting their lives and souls on the line.  Farmers were acknowledged for providing the entire populace with sustenance.  Seers were held in high respect as leaders who steered the great world ship safely through a dangerous galaxy.  Scientists even were praised for the improvements they made on the Eldar's technology.  Bonesingers, though, were the unseen aids to all of those valued paths.  They built the vehicles and tools.  They provided materials.  They kept the Craftworld alive and healthy.

It wasn't so much the lack of recognition that drove Uriel away from the Path as a desire to do more for Ath-Ron.  He personally didn't feel like he was giving his all as a bonesinger, and couldn't stand being less than his best for his home.  He spent a decade on the Wandering Path, the time when an Eldar is pathless, transitioning between one path and another.  One of his friends from his school years suggested he try out one of the Mobile Combat paths, as they required Bonesinging experience to join and were part of the active military.

After spending a year as an initiate of the Mobile Combat wing of the military Uriel chose to go into the path of the War Walker.  He took to the path quickly, forming a bond with one Walker in particular named Salensral, after the soul who inhabited its soulstone.  He has served his Craftworld as a forward scout, providing fire support for the Striking Scorpions, Rangers, and occasional Harlequins who spearhead the attacks and raids carried out by Ath-Ron

Gear: Salensral the War Walker, Shuriken Pistol sidearm, combat knife, standard load out of a person going into a warzone, bonesinging flute.

Azore of Ath-Ron
« Last Edit: June 3, 2012, 08:22:24 PM by azore24 »
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Awesome! Looking forward to playing with all of you - especially with the characters posted here - none seem to OP, and have some great room for development and personality etc... although I don't really see any hard core melee other then Killskin... that is going to be interesting. A very ranged type of style - 2 rangers, a guardian, a war walker, a hawk, and a scorpion...  Hope Hyrulen won't get in over his head... but being stealthy and all should help.

That's another thing, Rangers and Scorpions are all rather stealthy... combine that with a nice big war walker that draws attention... So excited for this...

@Foalchu: Grenade pack - how will it work? Medic kit as well, how much can I heal and all...?
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
War walkers can be plenty stealthy too.  Also, they can step on people, so if we do get tied up in close combat, Uriel and Salensral can always take care of that. 

Also, I didn't include what weapons I'd be taking.  Basically, I wanted to ask what the Farseers suggest.  My thoughts were to have a Bright Lance and a Scatter Laser so that I can pull anti-armor and anti-infantry duty.  Plus, I imagine that lasers are fairly light on ammo usage.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Why not arm it with the Shurken Cannon and an EML? The Cannon offering good amount of anti-infantry, and the EML having that versatility. I think having to worry about ammo would help balance out bringing a walker as well...
Flawless logic.

Offline Foalchu

Okay, to answer questions... 

The grenade pack will be similar to its effect in game in that you will need to be flying to use it effectively, and it will basically drop a spread of small anti-personnel grenades equivalent to a small blast since there's only one guy using it.  It should be used like a limited ammo secondary weapon as well.

The Medpack is going to act based on RP, and will have a greater chance of success as the severity of a wound goes down.  For example, if someone somehow gets a leg blown off, you can't reattach it, but you could probably stabilize them and keep them from bleeding out.

Azore:  Whatever you want to arm Salensral with once you read the OP is fine by me (since it' not like Cairas Mythar's armories are small or lacking), though as I said...  Everyone's getting some sort of goodie fairly early on.  I've almost decided on everyone's now too.  *is mysterious*
"Some call the Eldar decadent.  If that is true, the Imperial Army could do with some of that decadence."
"We warned you of the price of your actions, now you must pay it in full - in blood."

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
Well Im certainly excited, I think we have a very good mix characters here. We even have an even mix of female and male characters, and that is certainly a first for me. Im also really curious to find out what big exciting goodie is given to young human loving rangers, that should be interesting.

Also, I assume my satchel of booby trapping gear is sort of like the medkit?

Offline Foalchu

You'll just have to wait and see  :P

But yeah, the satchel is fairly similar to the medkit in its utility within its proper uses.

Offline Foalchu

Game thread is up!  Have fun!

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
So, if it isn't obvious from my IC post, I've decided that Uriel's about half a step away from whatever the equivalent of Exarch is for the War Walker path.  Not necessarily skills-wise, but mentality-wise.  This will totally fit into his background, I'm sure.

Azore of Ath-Ron
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
My own post will be up in a few hours, I'm presently finishing off some assignment work at the last minute. ;)

Offline Foalchu

I'll be nice and update you guys with PMs of what each pedestal has on it as you post.  And then everyone finds out each other's goodies on the first thread update.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
Sounds good. ;)

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
I'm giddy.

Azore of Ath-Ron
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Killskin

• Wise men wonder while strong men die.
  • Armies: Da Orks
Just for the record, Hyrulen carries his biting blade on his back.
"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."
    +++ Count Vlad von Carstein +++

Offline Foalchu

Do you guys wanna know the OOC stuff about the goodies? 

Also, update is up, I couldn't wait lol.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
I personally would rather be surprised later by what evryone else could do. But that may just be me. What does everyone else think?