News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: A very shooty army~  (Read 301 times)

Offline Khornate

• ~formerly known as Army Builder NOob~
A very shooty army~
« on: July 10, 2006, 07:16:53 AM »
This idea has been in my head for the day and i wanted to see if anyone thought it was good.

This army is all about shooting, because of my love for the heavy bolter. It cant work without the trait "honor thy wargear"

HQ:
65  Capitan with storm bolter (mostly here for his leadership)

Elites:
150 (5)Devistator Squad with 4 heavy bolters, Infiltrate

Troops
155 (10)Tac Squad with heavy bolter
155 (10)Tac Squad with heavy bolter
105 (7)  Tac Squad

Fast Attack
150 Land speeders x3 (heavy bolters)
150 Land speeders x3 (heavy bolters)

Heavy Support
155 (5)Devistator Squad with 4 missile launchers (for anti tank)
135 (5)Devistator Squad with 4 heavy bolters

comes out to exactly 1500 pts with a 56 model count

With 24 heavy bolters~ 72 shots in 1 turn possible, Niids beware~

A.B.N~
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 07:22:04 AM by Army Builder NOob »
Khronate Black Legion: 1500pts

Models Painted: 2!
Models left to paint: 35
Games Played: 1
W/T/L: 1/0/0

Offline Magus_42

• Deathwing Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: A very shooty army~
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 10:53:42 AM »
You seriously lack anti-tank. If you're thinking of an anit-nid list, you'll also need something to kill monstrous creatures.

Devastator squads should have a model with a bolter for every model with a heavy weapon. I would move a few marines from each tac squad to the devastator squads. Infiltrate, while nice, may not be a huge help with this list, since the rest of the army is slow, so if you don't deploy the devs at least near to your deployment zone, you'll leave the devastators unsupported. Consider putting two missile launcher squads in the elite slots, and giving them tank hunter instead for some anti-tank punch.

The 7 man tac squad doesn't seem to have much purpose. You need at least one squad equipped for close combat, preferably assault marines if you can find the points. Give the captain a power weapon to help out if the enemy breaks through your lines. Also consider bumping him up to a master. The extra point of leadership is really worthwhile with this many marines.

I'd drop a model or two from the landspeeder squadrons and equip some assault cannons instead. Smaller squadrons are easier to work with, and the assault cannons will help your anti-tank, while still being a good anti-hoard weapon.

Offline Purgatory

• Neophyte
  • Auxilium et Concilium
    • The Ailarian
Re: A very shooty army~
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 08:30:03 AM »
I agree with the previous poster (regarding almost all things). An assault squad of 8 or 10 models, with a tooled vet (power fist, that is...) will be very helpful. The 7-man tactical squad is useless, so take those marines and put them into the infiltrating devastator squads, for meat shields.

Also, I'd suggest that you take a master instead of a captain if you're looking to enhance your model's Ld. You need to take even numbered squads, mostly for VP-reasons. If you cut down on the number of dev. squads, you'll lose a couple of heavy bolters, but instead it'll keep your guys from running off the board (again, the Master will be helpful if you run into enemy fire).