News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ulfhedinn's Eldar Army -[Update: Army is assembled! Converted Wraithlords ^.^]  (Read 20385 times)

Offline Jakinder

• Get on my horse.
Re: Ulfhedinn's Eldar Army -[Update: How to make a 'wet palette' + new models]
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 04:25:47 PM »
Wowzerz.
You should change the title to "How to start an army (Ex: Eldar).
This is pretty much a blog-tutorial.
Good job, I hope to see more!
I lurk here so much.

Offline Grenzer

• He just pulled out his spinal cord!
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 06:56:49 PM »
Wow, its nice to see a nice, clean looking army.
I really like what you have done with the Dire Avengers so far.

PS

Putting the magnets on is really worth it.

Offline -Φ Ulfhedinn Φ- Servant of the Lord of Dark Delights

• Juggernaught of Fornication
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 10:47:21 PM »
I like how you positioned the wraithlord! This army is just going to be ridiculous. I can't imagine how exciting it was to open up all that 40k at once. It almost made me miss that really sick Samsung screen.

Your room must be so fun. xD

Hi again Happy-Cake! :D

Hahah yes, the anime pose Wraithlord..... first attempt with greenstuff as well. I'll have a little piece on him later on when i work out a 1500 pt standard army to paint. At the moment I'm floating around 4500 pts  :o I really should sit down and paint what i need for an average game and then do the rest.

I just kept on buying and buying. Curse you ebay !!! Today i bought 10x Wraithguard and the Forgeworld Avatar with spear.  :D

As for the Samsung screen.... what can i say?  ;D

Wowzerz.
You should change the title to "How to start an army (Ex: Eldar).
This is pretty much a blog-tutorial.
Good job, I hope to see more!

Haha i think that would be a little too much of tooting my own horn jakinder ;D

I'll do this blog and let the results speak for themselves. If it can help people then thats the best thing that can come of this  ;)

Stay tuned - there is A LOT more to come  ;D

Wow, its nice to see a nice, clean looking army.
I really like what you have done with the Dire Avengers so far.

PS

Putting the magnets on is really worth it.

Thanks for your kind words Grenzer  :D

The magnets were a sheer pain-in-the-ass haha, but i agree definitely the way to go !

Recent News:

The first 10 man squad of Dire Avengers is nearly complete and the 2nd squad is 1/2 done. Not too much painting has been achieved this week as i have been assembling the new ones i received.

I have been working on putting the 2x Fire Prisms together with Araldite and greenstuffing the gaps in the Prism.

I have assembled my last unit of Dire Avengers ( yay ) for a total of 30.

I have another Wraithlord that i will be putting together soon. It is a tough choice to give the same weapons to as the one i have built ( BL, EML 2x flamers ) or go the option of Wraithsword for a cool pose and stick him with my Wraithguard and Farseer for nasty nasty times.

I also have 20 Guardians floating around that i really do not know what to do with !!! I will more then likely make 1 squad as normal defenders and the other up as Storm Guardians using the arms off the Dire Avenger Exarchs. ( Dire sword + other free catapult arm )

To be honest i have no idea where i am going to fit them in my army so ill probably be doing them up last.

I now have 7 Grav Tanks. 3 Serpents, 1 Falcon and 2 Fire Prisms.

I currently have an interesting design floating around in my head as to how i am going to paint them.

My Seer Council keeps growing and growing and i really am just itching to paint them !  ;D

Thats all for now,

-Ulfhedinn-

"The very touch of our god's breath overwhelms mortal senses with the scent of delight... the slightest purr of our god's voice is enough to stimulate the senses into eternal and blissful oblivion. To the followers of Slaanesh the mortal world is grey and insipid compared to the sensual paradise that is the master's affection."

Offline Happy-Cake!

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 11:45:02 AM »
This stuff is gold.
(Please continue.)

I'm not looking for a shout-out or anything, I just want to see you at your work. :P!
Good luck!

Offline Cripple, Whose Corporeal Form is Now a Shade of Blue

• Interesting....
    • My photobucket, full of all my wonderful WIPs and completed minis!
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 02:19:46 PM »
hmmm... nice work there. Very clean paint job. I like it.

YOu should be proud.

Win/loss since 8/26/09
                    W/D/L
40k Demons   4  0  0
Tau                2  2  2
vamp. counts  3  0  1
fant. daemons 7  0  1
skaven            1 1  1

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 11:08:57 PM »
Thanks for the support guys  :D

Sorry i haven't been posting much as other things have been keeping my busy on other fronts ( modelling, assembling, getting rid of mold lines and the GF ).

I do however have a small update. I finished converting all 3 of my Wraithlords, assembled my Fire Prisms, assembled 10 Wraithguard and assembled 20 Guardians and 10 Storm Guardians. *shudder at the mold lines*

I decided that it would be best to get everything out of the way and assembled first so i can really put my head down and paint.

So ~ all that is really left is my Jetbike Seer Council that i will get around to doing when the parts i want come into stock.  :-\

Here are some pics i have of my 3 converted wraithlords  ;D

Wraithlords in my lovely 4 MC tag-team. ( Forgeworld Avatar with spear is still in the mail  :-\ )

-Ulfhedinn-
"The very touch of our god's breath overwhelms mortal senses with the scent of delight... the slightest purr of our god's voice is enough to stimulate the senses into eternal and blissful oblivion. To the followers of Slaanesh the mortal world is grey and insipid compared to the sensual paradise that is the master's affection."

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
Eh-eh -Ulfhedinn-, you really going to do it, the High Toughness & MCs Combo of Doom tm. ;)

Can't wait to see it painted. And I reviewed the entire thread: Very useful, well made and good paint jobs too. With your permission I'll add the link to the Iyanden POC, although it isn't Iyanden colors as I think you got some real interesting tips in there.

Keep up the good work,

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline Jakinder

• Get on my horse.
Good work!
I can't wait to see more!
I lurk here so much.

Good work!
I can't wait to see more!

Thanks Jakinder ;D

Stay tuned for more ! As a part of this months painting challenge organised by CheeseyRobMan (link: http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=174207.0 ) i will be completing a significant portion of models  :D

Eh-eh -Ulfhedinn-, you really going to do it, the High Toughness & MCs Combo of Doom tm. ;)

Can't wait to see it painted. And I reviewed the entire thread: Very useful, well made and good paint jobs too. With your permission I'll add the link to the Iyanden POC, although it isn't Iyanden colors as I think you got some real interesting tips in there.

Keep up the good work,

Starky

Awww ~ thanks Starky  :D

Yes ! The High Toughness & MCs Combo of Doom tm will be put into action quite a lot :D

I would be honoured to have a link from Iyanden PoC leading here ! I will be doing the Wraithguard and Wraithlords up in bone as well for those Iyanden players out there who wish to incorporate that instead of the yellow colour scheme.

Now everything is assembled with exception to the Jetbike Seer Council i have a lot of painting ahead of me. This week i will take a picture of all the models in the army to give people an indication of the mammoth task ahead of me heheh.

-Ulfhedinn-

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
great poses, keep up the good work,
looking forward to seeing them painted
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline forgotten hero

• Eldarweb.com admin!
    • www.eldarweb.com
Fantastic start cannot wait to see some paint of those wraithlords ;)!

Offline Banik

• 5th Ed Record: W15-L3-D3
Looking Good!

I'm enjoying following your progress, keep it up.
Resident Calculator of Probability, as bestowed by The Reborn.

Fine wine, like fine blades, should be applied sparingly.

Hey guys  ;D

Thanks for the kind comments as usual  :D

Now... i have been a bad boy :o !

I have neglected my painting recently for more Konversions  ::)

However, I have finally decided to make a dent working on my Seer-Council/Autarch-jetbike-squad-of-mass-destruction project as a new Konversion Competition has opened up at my local GWS. I will be putting up a painting blog as i finish these guys off - So some painting good will come of it !  ;)

The entry model has to be in by the 24th of December to be then judged. Prizes are for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. The first place prize being about 5-10kg's of raw bitz. No sprues ~ just bitz. Metal and plastic stretching across the whole range.

Rules are as follows:

1) Entry models have to be converted to some degree, while only using GWS models and parts ( plasticard and so forth is fine )

2) Entries also need to be painted ( doesn't have to be an epic paint job  - but its to show what the model should look like, without being, green, grey, silver and clear with all the parts that have been used )

3) In the result of a tie, the judging then falls back on the paint job of the model to break the tie.

Stage 1:

This model has been created using just bitz i have lying around. No greenstuff/gapfiller/plasticard or anything has been used in this stage. It is a pure design stage( be kind parts are actually still blu tac'd on and not glued for design and positioning purposes ).

So i present to you...

Jetbike prototype model Mk I to be issued to Autarch/Seer Council rank.

Now... I'm happy overall with the chassis design.. however, the rear section above the engine itself seems to need work. I have been at it for about for hours now trying to get something that will work.

So, i would appreciate any comments/suggestion regarding options. I will make about 3 models with different back assemblies to see what i can get that will look in proportion.

Here is a few shots with riders:

Seer Council rider:

Autarch rider:

And a few comparison shots to the standard jetbike model.

So that completes Stage 1 of the new jetbike design. I will be working on completing the overall chassis to what I'm satisfied with before i move on.

Stage 2 will comprise of small details, smoothing the model out, making sure everything is flush, in proportion and looking sleek and sexy.

Stage 3 - Greenstuffed canopy molding, extended canopy, Farseer/Autarch runes and so forth.

Stage 4 - To see how much time i have left and to do a Farseer/Autarch as time allows ( Autarch is the oh noes I'm out of time model ). Model and convert accordingly.

Stage 5 - Clean ups and basing. Priming the model ready for the paint job.

Stage 6 - Sexy times... painting begins !

Stage 7 - Competition time  :D

So there it is, -Ulfhedinn-'s  jetbike project WIP. As usual comments and critique are encouraged. Sometimes you can get too close to a project and can't see the simplest thing that would bring it all together. So i could be your comment that could be the 'Rosetta Stone' for this project ;D

So stay tuned for more updates,

-Ulfhedinn-

Offline Banik

• 5th Ed Record: W15-L3-D3
re: jetbikes

Hey Ulfhedinn, I'm loving this thread, and figured I'd comment on the JB WIP here instead of the stand alone thread.

I was looking at the comparison photos for quite awhile, reading threads then coming back and looking at them again because something was bothering me about them

I think that the balance between the front and back of the bike is a bit off. the model looks 'front heavy' to me now. Since you removed the cowling and extended the fuselage, I feel like it's not wide enough in the back. You have a lot of detail bits back there, but nothing bold to take the place of the cowling. I'd suggest either thinning down the front some or trying to add a bit of width to the rear. I think I'd go with the latter, since I don't often care for the results of removing material from the 'hood' of the JB.

Of course, this assumes you didn't extend the profile of the bike on purpose, and, in any case, the modeling looks great.

Resident Calculator of Probability, as bestowed by The Reborn.

Fine wine, like fine blades, should be applied sparingly.

Offline Jakinder

• Get on my horse.

Looks beautiful, as usual. Might even ask that biker out. Lol.
Any who, i vote you place a bumper sticker on the bike that says "So what if I'm a space elf?".
I lurk here so much.

Hey Ulfhedinn, I'm loving this thread, and figured I'd comment on the JB WIP here instead of the stand alone thread.

I was looking at the comparison photos for quite awhile, reading threads then coming back and looking at them again because something was bothering me about them

I think that the balance between the front and back of the bike is a bit off. the model looks 'front heavy' to me now. Since you removed the cowling and extended the fuselage, I feel like it's not wide enough in the back. You have a lot of detail bits back there, but nothing bold to take the place of the cowling. I'd suggest either thinning down the front some or trying to add a bit of width to the rear. I think I'd go with the latter, since I don't often care for the results of removing material from the 'hood' of the JB.

Of course, this assumes you didn't extend the profile of the bike on purpose, and, in any case, the modeling looks great.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm more then happy to have it in this thread.

I agree.. 'she looks a little light in the ass'

I did intend to make its profile look longer, as the shorter model of the original bike made it look too stumpy and generally boring.

Where the rear stabiliser fins are now was where i originally increased the mass over the top of the rear engine.. i pretty much added a housing for it.

I think plasticard is going to be the order of the day that way i can scratch build the fins to make them the appropriate size and to not interfere with the engine housing.

Awesome feedback man, i think we're on the same level for this project. The back has been bothering me for days.

Looks beautiful, as usual. Might even ask that biker out. Lol.
Any who, i vote you place a bumper sticker on the bike that says "So what if I'm a space elf?".

Haha, i'll see if i have room somewhere to put said bumper sticker  ;D

-Ulfhedinn-

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
wow this is so nice to read and see, it makes me think of me back 8-10 years ago when I used to buy massive amounts of minis in the GW store and go back home to assemble them.

Good times...high school, lots of cash and plenty of time to paint and assemble...
Too bad I wasn't a good concerter or good painter back then lol.
Daimit I really should get me some wraithlords, I still don't have the new one lol.

That autarch conversion looks incredible, just amazing! I think I'm gonna steal that idea :p

The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline Da Pittman

• You Are Biomass
    • Electric Cog Design
That is some excellent work my friend, keep up the great work and keep us posted.

Offline Happy-Cake!

I'm actually a little upset that they moved this to the Project's board!

I hope it still gets a lot of attention, because the work here is really well done. I mean, in the Project's board it might not reel in a lot of new viewers. And that would kind of be a shame. 

Over 1000 reads btw. =)

Offline scarecrow260584

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
just a question of your Fire Dragon...

where you have laid out the paint colours and ratio for the Fire Dragon Armor, when you did each successive layer, did u completely paint over the layer below, or did you leave thin lines of to make a layering type effect?  Did u wait for each layer to dry before applying the next, or did you wet blend?

Thanks