News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Multi-Purpose Vehicle projekt  (Read 1504 times)

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
Multi-Purpose Vehicle projekt
« on: August 28, 2013, 10:21:08 AM »
Right youse lot, I dunno where youse have all gone, is there a Waaagh and no one invited me?! It's far too quiet in 'ere...   so I've been working on something.

Trukk chassis, with BW trakks and ram, and various other bitz and pieces including a quad-autocannon from the Aegis Line. The idea is that this will be sort of modular and can be used as a Trukk, a Big Trakk, a Flakk Trukk/wagon, a Junka or whatever since it's a mixture of things. I'll post more pics as I make progress  :)
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Multi-Purpose Vehicle projekt
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 10:32:01 AM »
Ya, I was noticing the crickets chirping myself. 

I like the project, and the changeability. Something you might want to add is grot sponsons as well. This allows some interesting developments during games.

So, are you going to use magnets or pin fits? Looking forward to seeing the progress.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #2 on: September 2, 2013, 08:02:10 AM »
That vehical is looking awesome...  The sheer orkiness and ramshackle look is great...  I second Skeet's idea of the grot sponsons...  They would work good if you ever used it in a pill box cover for lotas or something...  My favorite unit these days is 6 lootas in a flakka trakk! lol

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #3 on: September 5, 2013, 12:34:56 PM »
More progress:

Trukk mode (optional wrecking ball)

Scrap trukk mode with grabbin' klaw

Flakk trakk mode

Plus a bonus view of the back which I hadn't put up before:

And all the bitz laid out. May still add to it, I like the idea of grot sponsons so may have to see if I can knock some together. There's an extra flakk gun there because I got a couple of Aegis line kits cheap at Christmas so there may be a second one of these vehicles coming at some point  :)

"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #4 on: September 5, 2013, 02:41:11 PM »
Looking good! Now, are you going to paint it RED?
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #5 on: September 5, 2013, 03:09:13 PM »
This is great stuff.  Pretty inspiring.  I can certainly feel some motivation creeping back into me to finish the next 4 Trukks I have lying around waiting for some converting.  I really like it I just cant help but feel the Aegis quad gin needs some Orkifying to really finish things off nicely.