News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: A fun space wolf list  (Read 674 times)

Offline alexbersie

A fun space wolf list
« on: February 13, 2012, 04:17:43 PM »
So i am getting a young Warhammer 40 player into the game, he has not really played much but has a sizable army (1250 points or orks). I play competitive space wolves (jaws spam,long fangs and speeders). However i want to introduce this kid into the game without crushing him and i want to actually let him win (although not make it a push over). I need help in making a list that is ok but can be beaten. So far my list looks like this

HQ
wolf lord
-power weapon
-storm bolter
Elite
lone wolf
-terminator armor
-thunder hammer
-storm shield
dreadnought
-drop pod
-muli melta
3 wolf guard
-power fist
-combi-plasma
troops
8 Grey hunters (X3)
-power fist
-muli melta

The idea is to run at him and get into combat where there can be some epic slug fests but he will win in the end. the dreadnought is there to be a some what challenge and the lone wolf is there because they are not very good but will be fun to watch. I know he has trukks and boys, a few nob squads, warboss, war buggies, and a weird boy.

Any ideas about what to add, adjust options or remove? Keep in mind this game is set for 1250 points.

Offline Wyldhunt

Re: A fun space wolf list
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 08:16:12 PM »
If he has a reasonable amount of anti-tank, you might consider tossing a rhino or two in there to let him get a feel for mech armies. Don't mech spam him or anything, but he might appreciate getting an idea of how vehicles can affect your mobility.

Offline Swamp Rat

Re: A fun space wolf list
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 08:46:54 PM »
How're your Grey Hunters getting multimeltas?

I'd say get rid of the Lone Wolves, that load out is seriously hard to kill. Maybe give them Mark of the Wulfen (can't get my 'dex at the minute, though i'm pretty sure they can have it, if not, make your own one man squad with the Wolf Guard, and give it to him, just don't put him with a squad).
the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function the way a soldier is supposed to function -- without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends on it.

Don't cry for the Happy dead
But weep for those who dread to die.

Space Wolves Win Draw Loss - 5-3-0