News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Introduce Your Troupe  (Read 2604 times)

Offline Wyldhunt

Introduce Your Troupe
« on: February 27, 2010, 12:03:03 AM »
The other armies have one of these, so I thought it would be nice to have a thread in which we could all introduce our own factions.  Post your Harlequin Troupe's history, goals, important figures, and all that here.  I realize that harlie fluff is a bit different from most factions, but I'd bet some of us have our own stories to go along with the actions and deeds of our troupes.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Introduce Your Troupe
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 02:43:00 AM »
You really should start by good example and introduce your own first Wyld. :)

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Wyldhunt

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 06:28:58 PM »
I should and would, except that I haven't really gotten around to fleshing it out very well yet. ^^;

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 11:54:50 AM »
Then, just like the roll-call, I fear this will be a very short thread indeed. There are not very many active Harlequin-players on these boards, or indeed in the world.

Offline Polar

• Newest
  • something strange is afoot at the circle K
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 10:39:04 PM »
Id love to make a Harli list but i dont think many people around here would be too keen on playing a list that isnt in an official codex.

>:(
Mild mannered office worker by day, raging drunken gamer by night

Offline Amphetamine Parrot

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 11:54:57 AM »
Then why not just build a small force for the modelling and painting aspect of it? And I think you might not have trouble finding people to play your Harlie list, people get bored of playing the same armies all the time, if you showed up with something radically different i'm sure some players would give your army a go.

I have about 2000pts of Kroot Mercenaries that I bring to the field every now and again, and I can always find someone willing to play me a game or two... it always ends up being quite fun for both of us.

Rasmus was there not an unoffical fan-made Harlie list on the net somewhere that was halfway decent?

Really looking forward to seeing a few Harlequin armies on here, it would be a real treat.

[Offering copyright-protected material is a breach of GW copyright/IP-right and a violation of 40konline.com-rules. Your post has been edited to reflect this. Please don’t do that, as it endangers the future of our Community. Thank you.
If you feel unsure of the rules for the forum you can read them here.
Have a nice day.
]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 12:31:36 PM by Rasmus »
I DEMAND NEW DARK ELDAR!!!

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 12:32:22 PM »
Rasmus was there not an unoffical fan-made Harlie list on the net somewhere that was halfway decent?
There have been a few, but none as well maintained and tested as the one we have here.

Offline archangel1

• Newest
« Reply #7 on: April 7, 2010, 10:41:21 AM »
Hi,
My 'Harliquinade' is based on the current Eldar codex where I have attempted to build a Harlequin themed army. I know from reading the posts that not everyone agrees with the names that are given to the various units, but these are the ones I have used, mainly because they ring a bell with my dim and distant past.
My leader is a Great Harlequin, using the rules for the Avatar and the Necron Deceiver figure which I have just finished painting.
He is supported by the High Shadowseer, a Farseer based on a wardancer figure.
Elites include the 'Chorus', the G\H's bodyguard. Use the rule for Fire Dragons and the figures of Harlequins with fusion pistols. There are then 2 standard troops with Leaders, shadowseers and kisses.
Troops are represented by three units of mimes, these are pathfinders.
Heavies are a unit of Dark Reapers (Death Jester Figures) and a 'Marionette', a wraithlord containing a badly damaged Harlequin. For this I am using an Eldar Titan and I have just finished painting that as well.
I suppose I feel most uncomfortable with the Mimes. Yes, they are the only scouting troops available, but the rifles don't feel quite right. Scorpions would be better, but I am already maxed out on the elites.
Eventually I will get down to a GW store and see how it performs. I am not expecting to win any tournaments, but just have some fun. I have always built my armies round the figures I have liked rather than any tactical super plan.
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."