News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What do you think of the new models?  (Read 2506 times)

Offline 1337Archon

• Shoot me and win a free iPOD
What do you think of the new models?
« on: September 27, 2007, 12:27:22 AM »
Just saw the new ork models in GW sneak peak section and i have to say im feeling stupid for selling my orks those are some fine miniatures.
I wonder how many helmet enlargement ads a High Elf gets every day...

Offline Grotsnik

• Ork Boy
Re: What do you think of the new models?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 03:00:07 AM »
The new models look great, a little static but overall great.
And the rules hopefully they will bring the greenskins back to the top where we belong.  After all how long have we been waiting for our codox yeah thats right we have earned the right to be the best.

Anyway i hope it works out for us and WAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH greenskins

Offline XCrusaderguy01

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 03:16:17 AM »
I must say, when I first started 40k, I wondered how anyone could take the Orks seriously with such (IMO) goofy looking models. These new ones look a lot less goofy, and a lot more gritty and scary. I especially like how the weapons still look crude, but no longer look cartoonish, especially the trukk. The older ork vehicles just looked silly to me. I'm happy the orks finally are going to get the attention they've needed for a long time now, and the new models look fantastic.

Offline Karadram

• A new threat on the Eastern Fringes...
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 03:46:02 AM »
I am NOT liking the new models all that much..
Dunno why, they just look.. wierd?
But then again I find most of the recent GW stuff look pretty, well, not so good :/
But yeah Orks definitely deserved a new Codex!

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 03:56:18 AM »
They are the sex. Utter, utter sex. I cannot wait for the release, and the rumours regarding the new rules are nice as well. Yeah they lose choppas but they get furious assault, for the win. And choppas always struck me as ridiculous anyway
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Kiefatar

• ...and Margarita Shooters!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 08:23:12 AM »
It was the effect of choppas which always struck me.... guy in carapace has the same chance as a guy in Termie armor.... Yea... right.

Still, the new models are incredible, Warbike Choppas, Lootas (I guess) with their insane sized guns, Trukks with a blower, and teh Shokk Attack GUN!
The Flan of Victory! Delicious!

For all your Ork Needs! -
http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=861&topic=155110.0

40K Online Campaign - Despoiler Organizer
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=162397.0

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 09:49:11 AM »
Honestly, I am very glad that they are keeping the current Ork Sprues for the Boyz.  Adding 'Eavy Weapon Sprues is a BRILLIANT idea and guarantees that I will be buying another box of boyz (I always bought lightly of the Eavy Weapons because, come on, at $10 for two that was just too much!  Of course, at $40 for 16 boyz, I am probably not doing any better, but at least I get extra bitz AND the price of 'Eavy Weapons in metal seems to have gone up to $8 for one.

So anyway, kudos for keeping the current Boyz!

GW is doing just what it should be doing - improving the Trukk (big improvement) and adding new models for Orks that you can't buy right now.

I sense that my Ork Collection will soon be growing!
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Kiefatar

• ...and Margarita Shooters!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 01:13:17 PM »
Yea, I'm tired of using Empire, eldar any every thing else under the son to represent my rokits. Not a bad way to go, but I'd like to see some orky rokits and bigshootas.

Hopefully they'll offer that blister independently, because a lot of us already have plenty o' boys.
The Flan of Victory! Delicious!

For all your Ork Needs! -
http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=861&topic=155110.0

40K Online Campaign - Despoiler Organizer
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=162397.0

Offline O.I.C.

• Ork Skarboy
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 05:12:05 PM »

By the Holy spore of GorknMork...!!

I just saw the sneak peaks...WOW.

I like what they are doing by adding the 'evys to the boyz box.(great idea) (better marketing)

As for the new modles..wooooooo. The bikez finly loooks like bikez orkz would ride and or build.That truck!!! oh yeah! will proble bring truckz back into the game.along with the new rulz for them that is.(* see side note) the newer boyz burnaz and lootaz..im not THAT impressed but they look good all the same..i DO wonder if they are bigger then the old boyz.the pain bozz? does anyone relay use that guy? i never have..not sence 1st ed.

* side note....that truck is so mad max...i might have to compleatly redo my mad max fuel truck ive been woorking on.

OIC

Offline Electro

« Reply #9 on: October 1, 2007, 02:00:16 AM »
I often thought about doing a speed freeks army just for the whole green biker gang feel.  Then I saw the bikes.  Now though, the wagon and bikes both look sufficiently biker gang-ish (from the american standpoint anyway) and I may have to switch army ideas once more >.>

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 4, 2007, 12:46:03 PM »
The Trukk and the Painboss are nuts, definately must buy in my opinon.  However the rest of the new orks...
Don't get me wrong, I'm still an Ork at heart, but one of the big things for me was all the conversion I had to do to make my bikes look sufficently Orky or converting up a rokkit or Big Shoota, which frankly wasn't really that hard.  Its cool that they are going to be supplying the heavy weapons in the new dex, but almost every rumor I've heard about the dex makes me not want to continue with the Orks.

For example Warbikes go down from a 3 shot limited range twin linked big shoota, to a 2 shot limited range gun.  Loosing an extra shot, and possibly their twinlinked abilites, well it makes me want to scrap my bikes. 

And has anyone else heard that Orks can't loot vehicles like a Leman Russ or Basilisk anymore.  Hearing that, true or not, really made me feel depressed.

What about a new mini for a Wartrakk or Warbuggy?  Those are still leftover from the Gorka Morka era, where is GW's sneak peak pic of them?

~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Scout-Commissar Squeaky

• YA RLY!
« Reply #11 on: October 4, 2007, 03:44:56 PM »
The Trukk and the Painboss are nuts, definately must buy in my opinon.  However the rest of the new orks...
Don't get me wrong, I'm still an Ork at heart, but one of the big things for me was all the conversion I had to do to make my bikes look sufficently Orky or converting up a rokkit or Big Shoota, which frankly wasn't really that hard.  Its cool that they are going to be supplying the heavy weapons in the new dex, but almost every rumor I've heard about the dex makes me not want to continue with the Orks.

For example Warbikes go down from a 3 shot limited range twin linked big shoota, to a 2 shot limited range gun.  Loosing an extra shot, and possibly their twinlinked abilites, well it makes me want to scrap my bikes. 

And has anyone else heard that Orks can't loot vehicles like a Leman Russ or Basilisk anymore.  Hearing that, true or not, really made me feel depressed.

~OD
no!!! every greenskin general worth his salt has a Basalis (or Bassy, Russ and a demo if they play Blood Axes/Deathskull) If they take that out i declare a WAAAAAGH! on Gw headquaters, 'To DA UMIES BOYZZZ!!!!! WAAAGH! ok maybe not that extreme :)
We wanted peace, but they would not give us peace. So they shall have war.
-Leon Trotsky.
Armies: Knights of Cydonia (Space Marines) Scout Company, Steel Brethren CSM, 759th Halamorian Regiment.

Offline Sobek

• I'm a llama!
    • Temple of Sobek
« Reply #12 on: October 5, 2007, 02:29:32 PM »
Well, given the rumors that have leaked, they're making the 'Looted' vehicles far more generic. Basically giving the stats for a base Looted Trukk, then all sort of options that you can put on it, like a BoomKannon or a KillKannon (both are ordinance weapons). Doing it this way also means that you only have to worry about having the Ork Codex, and not a bunch of others in order to field your army. So those of you who have a Basilisk, ne'er fear. While it may not be exactly a Basilisk anymore, it'll still be a Looted Trukk with a big ol' BoomKannon on it.

Of all the new models that we've gotten a glimpse of, my Favorites are probably the new Trukk and the Big Mek w Shokk Attakk Gun. It picture of the Shokk wasn't the greatest, but it looked like it had a snot/grot trying to claw his way out of a shell before the Mek loaded and fired it. :)
"I'm a dishonest person. And you can always trust a dishonest person to be dishonest. Honestly! Now, it's the honest ones that you have to watch out for...."
     -CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow

Offline Ugfug

• "If its too good to be true, it probably is" lol
« Reply #13 on: October 6, 2007, 11:41:37 PM »
can u give me a link to were i can find these pics

Offline Jehoel

• Insanity is the sanest choice
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 06:38:15 AM »
Well you could check Gw's homepage. They are both on the UK and the US version.

The looted vehicles will indeed disappear as we know them. They will become a generic choice.

I think the reason that we were given so many choise for a looted vehicle in the present codex was because GW hadn't made any nice orky vehicles and instead of doing it themselves they were like "Hey, lets make the players do it themselves and just say they can use the other ones". A lot of that codex was an convertation invitation since very few ork option were available in the stores.

I think its fine with the new options. The models look great and since I cannot convert anything to safe my life its a welcome change.
As for those that like their conversions, I don't see why you are upset. Nobody is forcing you to give up on that aspect...

Bahzhakhaim Zhai Dialcaman of the Biel-tan
___________________ ___________________ ____

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 10:37:45 AM »
What about a new mini for a Wartrakk or Warbuggy?  Those are still leftover from the Gorka Morka era, where is GW's sneak peak pic of them?

~OD

If they included a sprue for an alternate weapon with the Buggy/Trakk, I'd be glad to see it.
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Scout-Commissar Squeaky

• YA RLY!
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 04:59:15 PM »
I really love the new Lootas, looks like one has a Tau Fusion Gun, does that mean we might be able to loot from Tau or other armies? i really want the Bassie to stay and for new looted vehicles to appear. Kinda gay that i cant have say...hm...actually a bassie would be nice...
We wanted peace, but they would not give us peace. So they shall have war.
-Leon Trotsky.
Armies: Knights of Cydonia (Space Marines) Scout Company, Steel Brethren CSM, 759th Halamorian Regiment.

Offline Windowlicker

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 03:47:45 PM »
Is there a link anywhere?

Offline Xeal

• Nothing says free time, like modifying an avatar.
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 04:08:35 PM »
Well, I used to hate all bike models, Orks, Chaos, Space Marines, none of them looked cool, just comical or dull.

These new bikers rock, I'd be tempted to do an all biker army with them, just coz they are so cool.  Though probs hold off and see what the new rules are like first.

Offline dez2k7

• myn n me m8z old syt
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 06:30:55 PM »
i havnt bought ork models in quiet sometime because i basiclly have them all but i will definatly be adding these to my collection :D so does hummina hummina hummina *drool* huminaa :o:o *drool* round up how i feel about the models ?? haha :D

Edit: heres the link :P http://us.games-workshop.com/news/sneakpeek/40K/default.htm
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 06:58:50 PM by dez2k7 »
"Orks iz made for fightin an winnin!!"