News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My Second Chaos Battle Report (With Pics!)  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
My Second Chaos Battle Report (With Pics!)
« on: August 7, 2008, 06:43:31 PM »
Okay, My second battle report with Chaos.

My First one can be found here.

I had played two other games, but they ended in a draw, And I can’t be bothered to remember what happened/ Draw up diagrams right now. Maybe later.

Any way, It was a 750 point game against the most annoying person in existence. Sure, he’s a new guy, but the whole “OMG MY GUYS ARE AWZOMES YOUR GUYS SUKS" routine got old fast.

My list
Lord, jumpack, MoS, Lightning Claws
5 naked Plauge marines
7 Plague marines, champ, fist, meltas, rhino
8 Plague marines, champ, fist, plasmas

By the way, I’m getting the feeling that I somehow had more points then him. I don’t know if I miscalculated anywhere, someone mind giving this a quick points check?

His list, Some version of The Cadian 7th

Uber God commanded squad, Hso, power weapon, plasma pistol, refractor field and some other stuff,
Commissar, power fist, plasma pistol, refractor field.
3 Flamers
1 Master Vox
2 squads of guys, 1 with missile launcher, one with a lascannon.
Russ with all the usual upgrades.

Doctrines

Carapace Amour
Chameleon
Hardened Fighters
And some other things…

I know it was illegal. We let it slide because he got nerfed a bit with the whole summer camp thing. A cookie to anyone who understands what I just said.

We rolled the capture two objectives game, and it was a pitched battle.

Deployment

I deployed my small squad close to the objective. The rest I hid behind the rhino, taking a page out of sancts book. Also because this gave me a save against the battle cannon…

He deployed a bunch of guys on the objective, his tank to the left of it, and his command squad to the left.

I gave him turn 1

He didn’t move besides the tank and command squad, who both moved up.

Tank shoots at big plague squad, but scatters and only hits one. He is saved by the 4+ save given by the rhino.

No assault.

My turn 1

Small squad secures the objective.
Everything else moves up the flank.

The rhino’s pot shot kills a flamer.

No assault.

His turn 2

He moves further up.

The HSO plasma’s a guy in the face.
Battle Cannon shoots the small squad in the building, he misses by, like, 8 inches.

No assault.

My turn 2

Rhino zooms towards his tank and disembarks its troops.
Other guys move up a bit.

The meltas explodagate the tank.
A poor shooting phase from the other guys, only killing one flamer.

No assault.

His Turn 3

His command squad moves further up.
The rocket squad moves out of the building.

The rocket squad somehow manages to kill 3 guys with lasguns.
A mix of fire an plasma downs two from the other squad.

His command squad jumps in. The officer kills two guys. The plague/ lord marines strike back and inflict 4 wounds. The officer falls back, and I fail to catch him.

My Turn 3

Everything moved up.

Rhino Squad shot at the guardsmen and picked off a couple of them.
Other guys shot into the building but did nothing.

Lord assaults the HSO. The HSO gets absolutely wreaked.
Rhino squad assaults the guardsmen and kill 4. They do nothing and run.

His Turn 4

Guardsmen run more, not quite to the table edge.
Nothing else moves.

The squad fires at the plasma squad, but does zilch.

My Turn 4

I move up, I shoot, I assault. He dies.

Game over.

CHAOS WIN!!!

So, as of now, my record with death guard is 2 wins, no losses and 2 draws.

Things I like. In all my recent games, I’ve divided my one big squad into a naked 5-man squad. This does wonders of just sitting at an objective in my deployment zone and not moving all game. Plus it’s small so no one notices them.

Againg, I no I should feel sorry for being so hard on him, but if you've ever met him then you know just how I feel

Any way, a tournaments happening tomorrow, So expect a few more reports soon.

Cheers! :D
« Last Edit: August 7, 2008, 07:49:45 PM by The Count »
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
Re: My Second Chaos Battle Report (With Pics!)
« Reply #1 on: August 7, 2008, 11:27:17 PM »
Nice.

Your rhino from the camera angle looks like a diseased cow... NICCCEEEE!!! ;D

I personally think CSM (esp. cult oriented) don't work too well at low points games.... due to the points hvy standard squads.

IMO, the IG player made the mistake of getting CLOSE to you when he had the range of the Battle Cannon to help him out.

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #2 on: August 8, 2008, 08:48:25 PM »
Your rhino from the camera angle looks like a diseased cow... NICCCEEEE!!! ;D
Moo?

I personally think CSM (esp. cult oriented) don't work too well at low points games.... due to the points hvy standard squads.

Well, even at low games you can usually squeeze in enough to make a game out of it.

IMO, the IG player made the mistake of getting CLOSE to you when he had the range of the Battle Cannon to help him out.

My theory is that people like moving, even if they subconsciously know it won't work, they like bringing the fight to the opponent.
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline BaconTaser

« Reply #3 on: August 8, 2008, 09:12:15 PM »
The Mad Cow rhino was about to ram the squad next to your objective  :D.

Very nice!

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 10:50:02 AM »
   I especially liked the, ahem, commentaries drawn on the pics. Do more like that!

And congrats on the victory. I agree with Sanctjud, many high cost models in low point games are hard to pull (I play Iyanden, I know) but so very satisfying. ;)

Be happy

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 02:20:12 PM »
Appears to have been a fairly easy match for you.  You played it well and your opponent should have learned a thing or two from the battle.  He also deserves kudos for bravely advancing his Command Squad and assaulting your Plague Marines with it.  They didn't quite make their points back, but he should have a better idea of their usefulness in the future.  For example, if he'd advanced them behind the cover of those twin pilars, he may have had more Flamers available to hit your Marines with before his assault.

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 02:18:51 PM »
   I especially liked the, ahem, commentaries drawn on the pics. Do more like that!

Hehe, can do.

And congrats on the victory. I agree with Sanctjud, many high cost models in low point games are hard to pull (I play Iyanden, I know) but so very satisfying.

I know. This is my first eliet army ever. Also, it's fun knowing that 2/3of my army won't die every turn. ;)

Appears to have been a fairly easy match for you.  You played it well and your opponent should have learned a thing or two from the battle.  He also deserves kudos for bravely advancing his Command Squad and assaulting your Plague Marines with it.  They didn't quite make their points back, but he should have a better idea of their usefulness in the future.  For example, if he'd advanced them behind the cover of those twin pilars, he may have had more Flamers available to hit your Marines with before his assault.

Ya, the kid used to have a huge space marine army, so I don't think he quite understands how differant  guard are to play. He'll learn. I hope.

Thanks fer the comments.

BTW, about the tourney, I won!

Expect a report soon. :)