News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Codex: Exodites...  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Farseer Kwidjbo

• mock not the name!
Codex: Exodites...
« on: February 13, 2002, 07:41:38 PM »
THIS IS NOT A UNOFICIAL CODEX
or a official codex for that matter
It is just a conversion project for if you want to play exodites till' they really come out as an army

First off this army follows the rulz for Sami-Hami jetbike army that meens wildrider ect no modification to any rules (Incredible an't it?)
First... you may want to use harles as the basic models cuz IMUHO they look so much better... I suggest ork and Space Wolf parts for conversions..
now heres the be-atch
Dragons....
I'd suggest buying a bunch of coldones and some metal bat wings.... lots of leg work on the cold ones first
you will want to cut off the thigh part then reglue the foot part on as some form of a tallon (Green stuff is very useful) next get some big bat wings (I'll have to find a good source probably some fantasy GW model would work) you might want to cut a small tab in the bakc for the wings to go in then you will need to do eather 1 of 2 things
1. clame that the "dragons" can spit fire (for the shrunk cats) OR
2. Strap Shrunk kats to the side of their heads and add some wire so it looks good... Last take your converted harles
(Make sure they are converted  first) eather
1. glue them standing up on the dragons' backs
2. sit them on the dragons' necks or backs so it looks like they are riding them (some modeling might be needed)
For things like falcons............ Id buy a big Warhammer dragon. Strap a box on... say that it is the transport thingy (curves look better then a tea box) Glue 2 guys on one on the head (where the weapons are mounted) and one by the neck (holding some kind of stearing divice)
Id suggest something similer for vipers

Just my idea tell me what ya'll think going to dinner (ummm dinner) I'll be doing this myself and getting an artical on the website ASAP need some money first thou
Soon to lead the exodit-what-za-ma-call-ems
Feathers are soft
This carpet is red
dog doo doo smells funny
Fuzzy FUZZY lil bunny

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
Re:Codex: Exodites...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2002, 08:18:33 PM »
heres my idea..
Dragons-simply coldones, no wings
theyre just incredibly fast(eldar have been usin em for millenia, im sure they evolved them to a certain extent) and mobile
Shurikats-say it comes outta their laser lance, makes sense to me(when charging, the shots are s5 cuz theyre closer
as for tanks... use tanks
the exodites shunn most tech, but i doubt theyd shun ALL tech, as they live in whole planets with em, something needs to be lightning fast to cross vaast distances
the tanks... they could also be CW eldar gifts!
shining spears could be dragon knights
vipers-simply vipers
no avatar though
and aspect warriors- make em elite exodite soldiers, that just happen to fight on foot  ;D
scorpions- guys with heavy armor and longswords (long shaft, curved falcion type blade) itll be like their extra initiative attack
banshees-wardancer type warriors?
avengers- well armed warriors
wraithlords-bigass dragons with guys on the back, like that old exodite pic in the 2nd ed codex

and so on...
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline Farseer Kwidjbo

• mock not the name!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2002, 08:55:17 PM »
This isnt entirly my idea I evolved if from some thing at
http://www.thewarp.net/war/tigersofveda
in the themed army ideas section
I just like to do crazy things I thought id share them with ya all... I will be trying to convert them like this thow
Dragons (in my visions) alwase have wings (cept for those long wiskered orentian ones) and besides jet bikes are hover V-hic-als Id convert vipers mabie the same way as the jetbikes but with longer wings and 2 crew... these are just my duranged thoughts... I hope they look good once I convert them I think that a Exodites' army should totaly shun technology (except guns we do need those starcannons bad) and all ride dragons... however if you were to make a Exodites army it would be yours so you should do with it what you want...

ADDIDITION
just got this idea for war walkers
take one of those warhammer orc wyrvrens strip off the wings (use themfor falcons/ vipers) then strap a gun to each side of his snake like body / the sides of his head
keep the trophy poles on and change the rider and then you have a war walker

now for the wrathloard... must think of something...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2002, 09:47:01 PM by Farseer Kwidjbo »
Feathers are soft
This carpet is red
dog doo doo smells funny
Fuzzy FUZZY lil bunny

Offline doppelganger

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2002, 09:42:25 AM »
Use a treeman figure from the wood elf line as the Avatar.
And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night!

Offline Farseer Kwidjbo

• mock not the name!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2002, 07:33:04 PM »
An ok adea... but im trying to make a bit more of a dragon army... Treeman would be cool but so un dragonlike... thanks for the idea though
(Note: due to lack of money and my shear lazyness I wont be making a hole army... my dragon riders also probably wont have wings... too much work for my modeling monkey...)
Feathers are soft
This carpet is red
dog doo doo smells funny
Fuzzy FUZZY lil bunny