News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Emp Children  (Read 306 times)

Offline Neo-Buzzard

• I tire of these games....
  • Armies: Deathguard w/ Demons, & Space Wolves w/ Skitarri
Emp Children
« on: September 27, 2007, 09:05:54 PM »
Okay, so first off, congrats to me, I finished my first 40k army.  MY Dark Eldar are up and running.  Now I have to spend money on another army and I looked at Emp's children and thought " Ew, Cool."

So I wanted to ask, as emp children, what should I know about them, weakness and str wise, any units I should stay away from or anything that is a must have?  I havent had a chance to look at the new codex yet, but I'm going to pick one up with my next paycheck.

Thanks for the help and happy hunting.
Quote - YuenglingDragon:  Kharn is an unholy ass-kicker.  Makes perfect sense to me.  Blood for the Blood God and anti-grav engines for his awesome flying throne.

Offline Re-roll?!

• Not responsible for over-enthusiastic rolling...
Re: Emp Children
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 09:21:03 PM »
Congrats on your dark eldar!

Ok so the main strengths of the emperor's children are thier +1 Initative and their ability to equipt all basic troopers with sonic weaponry. So there are two forms of units you could build. You could focus on assault with their enhanced initative and a doom siren they can be quite effective, but even more potent is the second option:super shooty.

Basically, equipt as many marines as you can with sonic blasters (stormbolters on steroids) and throw in a blastmaster, the heavy version getting a better AP than the old codex. Combined with the argubly cheesy lash of submission psychic power, the shooty force ccan tear through opposition on its own terms.

The downsides are pretty obvious: they are expensive (grey knight expensive if you go super shooty) but they are definitely a fun army to play.

Generally, you'll want to focus on getting bodies in the force since they are so expensive, its best if they are not overshadowed by tons of expensive options like bikes or land raiders. I5 raptors are very nice, a must have if you ask me. I5 termies are only worth it if you take predomnately power weapons so don't dump points into ranged options, instead relying on predators or dreadnoughts for anti-tank.

Lesser Demons are iffy... They are not very good, but cheap compared to your troops and if you have a few points to spare they afford you the asset of numbers in assault so you are not overwhelmed by assault armies that are fast and can suck up your shooting.

Hope this is helpful. Someone else will probably have some good specifics for you.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Emp Children
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 09:24:43 PM »
Ohh second poster, well I'll just not change any of my post regardless.

I take it you want to go with a lot of noise marines? Sonic Blasters are very good and if you want any of the noise marine squads to be shooting base you'll want to upgrade the bolters to them, Though the basic Sonic Marine can get quite expensive both points and money wise (the boxes come with only one sonic blaster..So you'll need to bitz order if you want squads with them).

Apparently the new Slaaneshi pyschic power is quite good, so your in a good boat with that. Greater Demons are a very very good unit for their points I've found, and even the basic demon themselves are pretty good point-for-point, plus if you have some now you'll be ready for when ever they update the demon rules with the rumored codex..

Besides that, anything is really up for grabs, and since your able to take pretty much any unit out of the codex you want I recommend buying the codex first and before you buy any models get an idea of what the units are and what they can do. Certain units will stick out and make you go "Oh cool! I want one of those" while others may not appeal as much, which is all natural.

So yeah;

1. Buy the Codex
2. Read the codex and find what you really want
3. Buy the above.

Good luck!
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria