News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Chosen distinction?  (Read 450 times)

Offline Mr Wall

• British by birth, Welsh by the grace of God
Chosen distinction?
« on: September 26, 2007, 09:26:50 AM »
How are people differentiating chosen models from regular CSM troops?  I am going for giving them robes but want to know how everybody else is doing it.
Design a squad competition, take a look, competition ends 31st Oct  http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=861&topic=147003.0

Cymru am byth

What is the malted liquor? what gets your drunker quicker?  what comes in bottles and in cans?
BEER!

To be born Welsh is to be born privileged, not with a silver spoon in your mouth but with music in your heart and passion in your soul

Offline Democratus

Re: Chosen distinction?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 09:36:47 AM »
I'm modeling all of my chosen without helmets and giving them distinctive heads/faces.  I then add a bit of green stuff to make them more nurgly (pustules), slaany (leather leggings), etc.  The GW website has some great tips for customizing chaos units with green stuff.

It does seem strange that the Chosen of Nurgle (for example) are less resiliant than the rank and file Death Guard.  Who, exactly, are they chosen by? 

Offline Chico

• Come to Chaos.... We have Cookies!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 10:47:57 AM »
All my Chosen have Plasmas Guns (have to love 5 Plasma weilding Infilrating Chosen) so all i did was change the plasma coiling to another colour.

GW went the easy way to make chosen and that was just to model them with CCWs & BPs and the standard figures modeled with bolters.
HERSEY BEGETS RETRIBUTION!

Looking to buy all Rogue Trader era Chaos Marines/Renegades, Message me if your selling.

Offline harry sanghera

• This is a Thousand Son Terminator
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 10:30:03 PM »
can someone please suggest a good torso leg combo for chosen?

I am going to have 2 combi meltas 1 pair of lightening claws 1 lascannon with all of them equiped with cyphers sword to rep a cc weapon below their backpacks!

I dont know what type of helms to use either. if the helms torso and legs matched like dark angels that would be really cool.

hehe if cypher rules are released maybe i can use them as a retinue in the future.
Ahriman cast the Rubric of Ahriman

Offline Tender Hands

• Keep it real.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 11:12:39 PM »
i just plan on using like dark angel veterans painted a different color or black templar models. i also have some grey knights laying around that would make awesome chosen too...

"Look through a faithless eye
are you afraid to die?"

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 11:26:25 PM »
im gonna try a grey knights kinda thing also, but with lost of flamers... hehehe ;D
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!

Offline lucky SoB

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 06:55:14 AM »
I put mine together lastnight.
darkangels veterans box + bits ordered chaos backpacks+ 3bits ordered (ultramarine) lightning claws + old chaos shoulderpads + 1 powerfist+ 1metlta gun + 1 helmet swap = badass.
I'm going out to grab a darkangels standard bearer to convert into an icon bearer tonight.

honestly they look terrifying. I'm seriously considering doing my whole army like this. a tz theemed robed csm legion with lots of summoning. if only i had an infinite amount of time and money.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 07:17:28 AM »
I most likely wont make any, But if I do they will have a reversed colour scheme.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline harry sanghera

• This is a Thousand Son Terminator
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 06:20:46 PM »
Are havoc helms serperate on the sprue? they look like good choices for chosen helms!
Ahriman cast the Rubric of Ahriman