News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: A Tale of Four Gamers  (Read 3145 times)

Offline CaptainJSparrow

• Today is the day you will always remember...line!
  • Armies: Chaos, Space Wolves, Vampire Counts, Empire etc...
A Tale of Four Gamers
« on: January 3, 2013, 02:00:47 AM »
Hey guys, I seriously hope I'm posting this in the right place.

Okay to get started, I'm just called Captain and along with three of my friends who should be filtering in here to post soon-ish, we'll be building new armies in the format of the old Tale of Four Gamers articles from White Dwarf. So I'll just state my goals here and let the others do theirs in time.

So my army:

The Sable Swords 3rd Company:

Captain,
Chaplain,
Apothecary,
Standard Bearer,

6x 10 man Tactical Squads
2x 10 man Devastator Squads
2x 10 man Assault Squads

4x Dreadnoughts
12x Rhinos
Assortment of Bikes and Land Speeders for variation on Assault Squad Deployment.

That is the eventual goal, colours are black and white mainly with red trim on the Shoulder Pads to Symbolise the 3rd Company. I will have full comprehensive fluff and background to go with them soon.

Stretch goal is to collect the entire Chapter over the next few years.

Cheers,

CaptainJSparrow
Space Marine + Pirate = Red Corsair.

Offline Mr Draken

• Armies: Saim-Hann, White Scars, Space Wolves, Catachans.
Re: A Tale of Four Gamers
« Reply #1 on: January 3, 2013, 02:23:53 AM »
So i am in on this as well, and i am going Imperial Guard. Specifically a Catachan Regiment. The 131st airborne expendables! 

Yes its exactly what you think, squad of Vendettas filled with veterans, and every Sargent/platoon commander named after an action star/character they played. Ill also be including all the Catachan special characters.  Marbo will be in the list. Looking at standard Forest Camo paint job, with some added character here and there.  I am working on the fluff for the Regiment at the moment.

I am aiming to have 2000 points done by the start of May for BAV a nearby tournament. but if i miss it then ill go 1500 point for MOAB, another tournament in October.

More details to come, questions comments and suggestions are very welcome.
Carpe Diem Baby...

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: January 3, 2013, 05:30:17 AM »
I have to admit that I am a real fan of the 4 gamers articles in White Dwarf. Are you all starting armies that you have never played before?
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Mr Draken

« Reply #3 on: January 3, 2013, 06:29:48 AM »
yes and no, a couple of us are using armies they started but have never finished, or never done anything with, I am starting a fresh new army
Carpe Diem Baby...

Offline CaptainJSparrow

• Today is the day you will always remember...line!
  • Armies: Chaos, Space Wolves, Vampire Counts, Empire etc...
« Reply #4 on: January 3, 2013, 07:12:48 AM »
I will confess I have used the Sable Swords before, about three years ago I went to a young bloods 1k point tourney in Sydney (When I could still count as a young blood :P ) the results were mixed finishing with a 1/1/1 record. This will be my first time actively intending to use them before they were just a quick filler army because I couldn't use my Space wolves.
Space Marine + Pirate = Red Corsair.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: January 4, 2013, 07:08:26 AM »
The Tale of 4 Gamers that I remember was based on 4 people building up a 1500 point army over 5/6 months achieving points for painting models on time and playing games. Seeing as some of you already have armies built how are you planning on running your Tale?
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Mr Draken

« Reply #6 on: January 4, 2013, 09:24:20 AM »
we are going to take it abit easy, but generally speaking, we will have the first milestone as a HQ and 2 troops units + transports if they are having them. from there we will move up points levels and see where we end up.

Its more a reason to push each other to finish forces, or get projects we have wanted to do for a while off the ground. But still should be fun and entertaining. Ill be blogging (maybe in a seperate thread or somthing if we can work it) with pics and maybe a video diary as i go.
Carpe Diem Baby...