News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: what happens when you miss?  (Read 621 times)

Offline Windowlicker

what happens when you miss?
« on: November 11, 2007, 01:27:19 PM »
what happens if you miss with something like a whirlwind? or a rocket launcher?
did you just shoot up into the sky?
ive always pondered this. a whole bunch or marines suddenly slip and shoot a tree
"dang not again guys!"

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Re: what happens when you miss?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 01:30:42 PM »
It's more a narrative effect that a direct explanation. It may not be that you missed as such as the shot merely having no effect. Using the Whirlwind example - the munitions strike all around the target but do no damage other than noise and some smoke, perhaps the fusing was off on the munitions and they fail to detonate, perhaps they do indeed miss completely and waste their wrath on some landscaping instead. 
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Windowlicker

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 02:23:22 PM »
oh yea i'd thought of that but forgot i thought of it... if you get my drift?
ha silly me

Offline Ansteadt

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 11:04:44 PM »
The CoD Codex has a pretty cool 'miss' when a Imperial Guardsmen shoot a Chaos Marine in the leg with a Lasgun.  The Marine is surprised (winces?) and drops down just in time for a Missile to just miss him.  Missile missed and Armor Save on the Lasgun?  The IG get screwed up after that!  Definitely more narrative.  Although I have a tank where I could swear the gunner is cross-eyed.. :P
Although it would be nice to credit the General with fearing for his own troop's safety, it would probably be the case the he was not given the opportunity to lay waste to his own men in a wonderful show of power to the enemy.