News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Baneblade variants  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Dangerousdave0042

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Blood Angels and Tyranids
Baneblade variants
« on: November 28, 2015, 11:47:39 AM »
Can anyone explain why the "expletive deleted" Baneblades and their variants do not seem to have been reduced in points in the latest Montka release? I mean can someone seriously think a Baneblade is worth almost two Stormsurges. It gets no cover or invuln save or FNP and shoots at BS3 with no access to marker light shenanigans?

I'm rather disappointed as it was already overpointed before the WK and SS were re-pointed / invented. Now it's ridiculously overpointed / underpowered.

Also what's the point of a formation that allows you to take three of them, but you don't even have the points to do so in a 1500 point game?

Just venting some disappointment ...
Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should.

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Re: Baneblade variants
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 02:58:39 PM »
GW can be a bit odd sometimes with their choice of points values, but at the end of the day Baneblades and their variants are still super heavy vehicles with a lot of firepower.  They can still wipe out whole squads with one round of shooting.  And if I recall properly, they can take a hell of a bearing.  Even from anti tank guns.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: Baneblade variants
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 04:02:28 PM »
Unfortunately, a round of assault from Tactical marines, with their glorious Krak Grenades, can put paid to our Mighty behemoths. I mean, unlikely unless swarmed, but when basic grunts can poo-hole your super-heavy, there's problems.

And what, you aren't playing 2500 points as standard? ;) I jest, I'm a 1500 to 1850 point man, myself, but GW has lost their minds, so they'd just be like, "Of course that's reasonable. You should play with 6!"

Looking forward to the Mont'ka release, to properly discuss the new formations. :)