News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: death company 1000 pt list.  (Read 1339 times)

Offline nawari

• Ork Boy
  • There is a bit of wulfen in all of us.
  • Armies: Space Wolves, Orks, White Scars
death company 1000 pt list.
« on: August 22, 2011, 07:27:06 AM »
hi all, i just bought myself a BA battleforce box and im thinking about just making a pure death company army. i know its not going to be competative or even rational lol. but i've never had an army just for fun and i was planning on making a small fun army. this is what i have come up with. all thoughts welcomed! :D

HQ

-Astorath the grim xxx

Troops

-Death company x 6      150
- thunderhammer

-Death company x 6      150
-thunderhammer

-Death company x 5      220
-jumppacks x 5
-infernus pistol
-thunderhammer

-Death company dread   140
- blood talons
- magna grapple

Transport

-razorback x 2             120
- dozer blade x 2

the two death company units in the razorbacks all have bolters, utiziling their relentless rule. the plan is move them up as fast as possible. keep the dread behind hoping to block line of sight so he dosent rage the wrong unit. astorath uses DOA with 5 DC to either have one shot at a tank or behind some cover waiting for the charge next round.

what you guys think?
Wish i had my own pet thunderwolf! Then i could ride into work and people will be like "Dayymm he so awsome right now!"

Offline Evolutionary Fault

• You're never too old to play with toys!
Re: death company 1000 pt list.
« Reply #1 on: September 7, 2011, 05:45:24 PM »
Chaplains dude.  Chappies give the DC rerollable wound dice. THAT's what you need.

Other than that...pretty light on guys.  I know DC are pricey, but I've built Deathwing lists with just as many figs at this points level....  Maybe swap out the RBs for Rhinos, and and flesh out the squads a little more?

OR, go nuts, get lemartes, and run a DOA DC list.  practical? no.  Ballin? yes.
Join the BYB movement!!!
Change the world.

Offline nawari

• Ork Boy
« Reply #2 on: September 7, 2011, 07:50:57 PM »
i like chaplains too but they are only good on the charge. and knowing my local GW i wont be getting that anyway lol. i was just hoping to out last them because of feel no pain and power armour.

i was originally thinking about making them all DOA but thats alooot of points and i like the dread, i dont really want to buy a drop pod just for him.

also i was going to use rhinos, but for a 5pt upgrade i can get a razor back with heavy bolters. just so i had something to shoot with lol.

thanks for your comments man, appreciate it.
Wish i had my own pet thunderwolf! Then i could ride into work and people will be like "Dayymm he so awsome right now!"

Offline EpeeBill

« Reply #3 on: September 8, 2011, 03:48:30 PM »
I don't see the point in taking the magna grapple on the dread with blood talons. Talons aren't as reliable at penetrating armor as the blood fists. Seems like a waste of points to me.

I agree with Evolutionary Fault though, chaplains are what DCs frightening in close combat now. You can use the vehicles to help ensure you get the charge and choose targets better.

I think this would be a fun list, though, both players will be hanging on every die roll until the end.

Offline nawari

• Ork Boy
« Reply #4 on: September 8, 2011, 09:10:06 PM »
good point about the magna grapple, i will use blood fists instead.

i wish i didnt have to take astorath to get multiple death company units, other wise i would get chaplains. i guess i could drop the razorbacks alltogether and give the units jump packs with chaplains. probbaly wont bother deep striking them as will be jumping 12 anyway.

would that be better or worse because of the rage rule?

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: September 9, 2011, 12:25:08 PM »
Fists on furioso dreads are a waste of potential. With talons they still retain the melta for anti-tank. Stick with talons, drop the magna grapple. Put it in a drop pod so it doesn't rage across the field and just get shot up. This puts it in your opponents face turn one.