News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: deep strike then moving  (Read 4451 times)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
deep strike then moving
« on: April 7, 2019, 12:08:02 AM »
I've been tearing thru the BRB and errata and can't find anything about this situation. Turn 1 deep strike warp talons 9" away from enemy. Psychic phase gives a free movement to a unit. Warp talons rules give charge after deep strike with no over watch (this parts cool) , is this how it works? If not can you tell me where it's been fixed so this can't happen? Thanks in advance
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
Re: deep strike then moving
« Reply #1 on: April 7, 2019, 06:53:07 AM »
I've been tearing thru the BRB and errata and can't find anything about this situation. Turn 1 deep strike warp talons 9" away from enemy. Psychic phase gives a free movement to a unit. Warp talons rules give charge after deep strike with no over watch (this parts cool) , is this how it works? If not can you tell me where it's been fixed so this can't happen? Thanks in advance

The FAQ has specified that on the turn that units arrive as reinforcements, they can't benefit from spells, abilities, or stratagems, that would let them move as though it were the movement phase (though they can still charge in the charge phase).

FAQs - Warhammer Community for the FAQs - the base rulebook FAQ here is the one you want: http://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/warhammer_40000_rulebook_en.pdf

The section that begins
The rules for reinforcements...
is the one you want. The second question in that section addresses this in particular.

Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: deep strike then moving
« Reply #2 on: April 7, 2019, 10:31:19 AM »
Thank you so much blaze.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword