News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: GML's Harlies  (Read 14999 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: GML's Harlies
« Reply #20 on: April 2, 2015, 08:28:50 PM »
I usually break the top knots off models heads when I am clipping them off the spruce. I need to be really careful with those. I'm also really clumsy and I drop and loose bits on the floor :P

I think the Solitare looks good :)
I do that too.  Although it doesn't happen when clipping off the sprue, but usually in a game and results in some form of cursing for breaking a model.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 8, 2015, 06:25:00 PM »
Death Jester #1.  I really like how this guy turned out.

If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #22 on: April 8, 2015, 06:25:53 PM »
You should like it!  It's awesome!  Awesome!  8)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #23 on: April 8, 2015, 09:47:58 PM »
He looks sweet! Nice work man!
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 9, 2015, 12:05:11 AM »
First Shadowseer is done.  You can't tell from the pictures, but I really messed up on the diamond pattern for his legs.  Working on the bent legs, and trying to get around the robes was very difficult.  It looks fine from the front, but oh man is the back a shambles.  The good thing is, unless you are looking for it, it's difficult to spot.

I'm sure you can tell I am stoked about not painting marines.  This is the most I have painted in quite a while.  I think the last army I dedicated this much time to painting was my Dark Elves.  With a tournament coming up at the end of May that I want to field this army at, I have almost given up gaming (online).  But since I started playing, I have "watched" countless movies, the first three seasons of Star Wars: Clone Wars, and am going to get my hands on the newer Battlestar Galactica series. 
« Last Edit: April 9, 2015, 12:08:24 AM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #25 on: April 9, 2015, 01:23:31 AM »
They both look fnatastik. Nice work on all those little diamonds.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #26 on: April 9, 2015, 02:37:42 AM »
If I  ever need to paint harlies i will call you bbeforhand^^ superbe work I defenetly love the death jester
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2015, 12:42:32 AM »
Time for a work in progress update.  Here is the Voidweaver.  I have completed the main aspect of the hull.  Really what is left are the weapons, minor areas like the Mirage Launchers and Stabilization wings, and the gunner.  Plus the minor details, but I wanted to get this done and see how the vehicles will turn out.  I really like the overall look so far, but it is a shame the pictures didn't turn out as I had hoped.  I should probably look into doing the whole white background bit, but if I am just doing the shots with the camera on my phone, I am fine if you guys just get the gist of it for now.

The red goes from Khorne red + black (for the shading) up to Evil Sunz Scarlet, where as the black goes up to Eshin Grey.
I knew I had fans!!!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2015, 10:54:14 PM »
And here is the finished product:

I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2015, 03:13:15 AM »
Hey GML that's some extremly sweet looking model you show us here, at first i thought there was not enought blue but in the end it turned out really well :D the various character are as gorgeous as ever, and the vehicule look really nice painted like this. you can feel that these harlies are not here for the lol but to bring death and destruction in there path.
nice work  keep at it ^^

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2015, 10:49:45 AM »
It looks good GML. I especially like how you have painted the gems and canopy. What happened to the rear black vane though it looks really rough almost as if there is something under the paint.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 04:33:17 PM »
I noticed those in the pictures too.  I think the paint I have is getting old and when I put some on a wet palette it is scrapping some dried bits along with it.  You can't notice it with painting and only see it if you look very closely.  Those pictures were taken with a high res option on my phone's camera so it makes them stand out a bit more.

Edit:  Oh wait, just saw that you said rear black vane.  I think the paint was a bit thicker than I usually have it and I was in a rush to finish that section.  Dunno...

Also, I showed the model to my wife and she started laughing, saying "He looks like a jester!"

Her face when I said he was.... ahhhh priceless!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 04:42:40 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2015, 04:46:02 PM »
They look great as the rest. I'm moving on to my Eldar for a bit. Doing some bike conversions and such. Keep up the great work!
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2015, 09:00:07 PM »
Looking good man! I cannot wait to see them all finished!
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2015, 10:33:53 PM »
Got a game in today and I have to say that I really like how the Voidweaver looks on the battlefield.  With all of my stuff I am aiming for a higher end table top quality.  Something that looks great from a couple of feet away and looks alright up close.  This is one of the models that nailed that concept.  The one thing that doesn't translate well through the pictures is the blue on the wings.  It really pops on the model when it is on the battlefield.

Next up I am going to do up the bike for one of the Skyweavers because I already know how the riders are going to be done.  After that, I have no more test models to finish and I need to crack down and start assembly lining my army to get it done for the end of May. 

It helps though that after Tuesday, I am done school and can focus all of my free time on painting.  Knocking this army out should be a piece of cake!
I knew I had fans!!!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: May 1, 2015, 11:17:38 PM »
First pair of Skyweavers are complete

I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #36 on: May 2, 2015, 02:40:21 AM »
Wuuuuu they look nice, maybe i would have change the side of the red on the second one to make them a bit more impactfull. But that's just  me :). Nkce work as always.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: May 2, 2015, 10:23:40 AM »
maybe i would have change the side of the red on the second one to make them a bit more impactfull.
Not quite sure what you mean by this.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #38 on: May 2, 2015, 12:13:29 PM »
i mean instead of having red on the left side of both bikes, I would have made one with red on the left and one with red on the right, like this you would have some disparate yet coherent bikes, but that's just me i love to imagine them  rushing at you one in front one in the back and while the switch right and left they show different color... but that's a bit hard to explain.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: May 2, 2015, 12:43:11 PM »
I get what you mean.  Personally I prefer the coherent uniform look.  If I wanted to switch the colours, I do have two more bikes that need to be painted.
I knew I had fans!!!