News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Destroyers vs Immortals 5th ed  (Read 7723 times)

Offline BearBitesHurt

• Insolent: Forum Blockhead
  • Careful: I might talk to you like you're an adult
Re: Destroyers vs Immortals 5th ed
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2008, 04:06:13 PM »
This thread isn't the place for this discussion.

Actually, considering we're discussing the Destroyer's s6 gun vs.  the Immortal's s5, it is exactly the place for this discussion.

Any other off topic comments to make?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 04:22:05 PM by Monster Rain »

Offline argos5

• Stuff
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2008, 07:05:18 PM »
I thought so too, but the other side of the argument is that it ignores hits of less than s6.

I would go ahead and say that gauss can wound grotesques though.  If it can Immobilize a Land Raider I don't think it should have too much trouble with some goth masochist.

I know you already agree, Monster Rain. But I wanted to reinforce it by pointing this out:

Even a target which the weapon could not normally hurt because of it's high Toughness or because it is immune to weapons below a given Strength is wounded.

So as you've emphasized "hits". Well, weapons cannot normally "hit"(hurt) Grotesques. That's why Gauss is the Superman of weaponry.

I know this is all semantics, but it is very important that all Necron players understand these things if we're to make our strategies work. We don't have too many options as a whole, so rules are important.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 07:06:59 PM by argos5 »

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #62 on: September 1, 2008, 10:35:10 PM »
You could probably do more damage to grotesques with immortals in combat than with destroyers. And avoid the argument with your opponent. IIRC grotesques do not live long in combat, and would have a hellish time trying to wound immortals. You could do the same with Destroyers but you'd be compromising their fantastic mobility. Also, the immorts benefit more from teleporting out [greater squad size].

Offline BearBitesHurt

• Insolent: Forum Blockhead
  • Careful: I might talk to you like you're an adult
« Reply #63 on: September 2, 2008, 06:44:00 AM »
I don't think that either of those two units should be used in CC when it can be avoided...  I would say that Grotesques would be best handled by Wraiths or Spyders, allowing Immortals and Destroyers to do what they're awesome at:  shooting.