News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: worst person you had to play.  (Read 12713 times)

ender12

worst person you had to play.
« on: March 2, 2002, 01:15:14 PM »
Who is the worst person you ever had to play? Details

Offline eldarfreek

• I'm not a stoopid llama!!!
Re:worst person you had to play.
« Reply #1 on: March 2, 2002, 02:33:02 PM »
All space marine players
Would you like fries with that?

Offline FarseerElaith

• Stormbringer, a nasty piece of soul sucking Sword
« Reply #2 on: March 2, 2002, 02:36:52 PM »
Two IG p[layers i played 4 months ago, they won and haven't shut up about it
Ulthwe Guides...
Ulthwe Watchs...

Wraithlord Kill Counter -
12 marines and a Librarian and counting...

Offline the_Bard_72

• Kanu-rath Craftworld and Kabal of Martyred Souls
« Reply #3 on: March 2, 2002, 02:42:39 PM »
An ork player.  He had tons of mini's and loved to play, but hardly got the chance.  He knew the rules good and was okay to play with, but it wasn't the playing that got to me.  It took almost an hour and a half for him to get his army ready.  You see, half of it was still in blisters and he was having to glue on the appropriate weapons, etc so HE wouldn't forget what he had.  I beat him the two times we played, but I hate waiting for someone to get models ready...no primer I can deal with (don't care for it, though), but only 1 miniature painted and ready to go, everything else was either primed, or got their breath of fresh air right before the game.  :P
the Bard
Emmissary of the Kanu-rath Craftworld

Offline Yarea Jelsan

• Leader of the great Bahzhakhaim Faolchú
« Reply #4 on: March 3, 2002, 05:34:24 PM »
Myself, (Yes I sometimes play against myself) I'm so boring I do not even chat with myself.

No seriously. I played a guy at a turney once who looked in his rule book like 10 times an contested every thing I said (that you are able to condolidat into CC, and that unengaged model may shoot out of CC9). I call that type of gamers the advocates from hell. Because of their love fore paperwork.
Farseer Yarea Jelsan (Jelsan the child of a rising star)

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #5 on: March 3, 2002, 06:35:27 PM »
guy i played at a comp. he had 2 landraiders and a whirlwind. i beat him twice and he was a complete rather unsavoury chap, what-ho old bean?. in one game i killed all of his tanks in the first turn (this is cool as i only have 3 non shuriken weapons)
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Don't Yell at mE!

« Reply #6 on: March 3, 2002, 08:21:29 PM »
There's this big guy (like, 400 pounds kind of big!) at my hangout who thinks he knows everything about Games Workshop.  I only played with him once, but once is enough.

Once, I played him with my dark eldar, he was all like, "okay, let's see how fast I can beat you.  I have to have my hourly snack in the next 5 minutes." During the game, he rarely told me what he was doing with his tyranids. (if I asked him, his usual response was "Don't make me repeat myself or I'll suffocate you with my fat!!") and he kept putting all of these rules that only he knows into the game. (oh, look, my tyranids are on a little one millimeter hill, that means that your Scourges get no cover save!) I was just glad the game was over.

and what's worse is he has it in for Tau, and so, everytime he sees a Tau army play, he helps the other guy any way he can, usually with nonexistant made-up rules (hey, did you know Orks always hit any tau on a 2 plus?)....

Offline General Canderous Fayler

• Iron Fist
  • Iron Fist of Caldonia
« Reply #7 on: March 4, 2002, 12:49:43 PM »
Tyrnids, lots and lots of Nids.  I cant really blame him, he has a great army, but i havent played him since i started playing eldar...

Offline halinar

« Reply #8 on: March 4, 2002, 01:08:13 PM »
IG armored company.  All tanks.....Yeah, that was fun.  But I learned something out of it so it was not a total loss.  Never play an armored company with a balanced army again.

Offline Geekboy

• Sometimes I feel like a socio-genetic experiment
« Reply #9 on: March 4, 2002, 02:06:36 PM »
It was at a tourney against an IG company.  We setup and he put no less than 4 whole squads inside of one bunker.  The bunker also had a tower, in which, he placed 3 motars with no crew.  Turn Two, Wraithlord advances, fires Flamer at Bunker, 30+ instant deaths, he throw a BIG fit.  Meanwhile in the far corner he had 2 Balisks an one Lemon Russ acting as a shield.  The entire game he moved nothing. He just sat their and mopped and had his butt kicked !!

Offline Wolf_Lord

• I am the lord of the wolves, fear me!
« Reply #10 on: March 4, 2002, 02:17:32 PM »
An orc player at my games club, he take ages and ages to set up, allways uses alot more then the person he is playing, dosn't know any of the rules, says his models have stuff they don't (like he tried to tell me is warboss had mega armour even though the most it had was a small plate nailed to his chest), most of his minatures arn't put together and are just torsos or legs or even in one case a head because he had lost the rest of the model! how do you lose a bloody model?!?!?!?! he sets up half way up the board so he can get to you quikley, take time using things to make him faster and then dosn't use them (ghazguls power of the waaaagh making him initiative 8, then he uses the power claw thus making him go last) goes all depressed when he starts to lose, contnually flicks dice at my minatures and knocks them over. need I continue?
"may the dark sun light your journey"

Offline SteamingBarrel

• TASTY CORN!
« Reply #11 on: March 4, 2002, 03:11:49 PM »
my cousin, he always contests the real rules and never knows what hes talking about. For instance he charges my court with his termies with powerfists, he says they get to strike first because they charged, i say no because they have lower I and powerfists so i have to show him both the rules to show him im right. Then he breaks my WL. He contests every rule in the book so i have to show him. At the end i kinda gave up rules and let him do it his way!
SO YOU WANNA BE A ROCK SUPPERSTAR? LIVE LARGE, BIG HOUSE FIVE CARS YOUR IN CHARGE COMING UP IN THE WORLD DONT TRUST NOBODY GOT TO LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDER CONSTANTLY...

Offline Farseer Anastari

• I used 2 be Biel Tan Ranger :)
    • SPACE WOLVES CHAPTER
« Reply #12 on: March 4, 2002, 05:18:05 PM »
lol a dude who collects nids he picks his nose and has snot all over his fingers every few mins he does the worst farts ever and he insists of touchin my models wit his snotty fingers to paint he dips his models in 1 colour and leave them to dry he acually dunks them into the pot lol i dosent know what its like spending six hours painting a pheonix lord then gettin it covered in fresh snot

from the 1 and only bieltan wolf  ;D
"Rebirth of ancient days" The meaning of Biel Tan

Offline StevenSwayze

• You know what I say when it's miller time?
« Reply #13 on: March 5, 2002, 02:04:15 AM »
There is a guy around we here we dubbed "evil Sean" because he's such a weirdo. I was down at the shop watching my bro play fantasy battle(they were trying to get me into it) I brought my 40K stukk to paint while I was watchin. Well Evil Sean was there too ( I need to explain Evil Sean a bit here: Evil Sean is so eccentric and so abrasive that the store owner has banned Evil Sean from playing against minors. How bad do you have to be to be banned from playing minors?!?!?)anyways Sean was already shot down by everybody there(at least by everybody that he was allowed to play)and my brother(curse him!!) said out loud that I brought my 40K stuff(arrrrghhh!!!) I was cornered and had not the heart to tell him to piss off. So we played, He had Sisters and I my Orks, I fielded a ground pounder Ork army to make things sporting(1500pts) no trukk boys just meat and potatoes. Suprisingly he played a pretty good game and despite his best efforts(I underestimated him) I beat him in a spine tingler on turn six. Anyways aside from his eccentricities(and his lame VDR dreadnoughts jeeesh) it was ok, only a month later I was at the shop and he was bragging about beating some Orks guys badly with his ooodles and oodles of flamers. Called it an 'Ork Barbecue' even. I knew he was talking about me as he was describing my conversions. I took exception told him he was hallucinating and would prove it right there and then. Everybody was there, I may as well taken off a white glove and slapped him with it, and the duel was on. This time I fielded my far less freindly contigent of very mobile orks (3 trukks and a battle wagon full of skarboys) I drove directly in front of his deployment zone and let him blow up every trukk(his eyes were all lit up with joy it was priceless) but evertime he blew up a trukk I would deploy my survivors on the far side of the trukk making them about 7+ " away. After his glorious shooting which killed 3 trukks and a total of 7 boys(distributed amongst three squads mind you) I proceded to drives the battle wagon up, unload the 20 skarboys(for those of you who don't know skarboys are str 4 which makes them nasty and can have 3 burnas)and around 43 orks(warboss nobs included) charged every foot model in his army. Not one model was left except (My tank bustas/battle wagon/killer cans had seen to it that all his vehicles were blown up over the course of the first 2 turns) and it was the top of turn 2! Everybody was laughing their balls off as I guess this did not happen to Evil Sean enough. He proceded to say that I ambushed him, he was not aware that Orks were so mobile and blah,blah,blah. He said that Ork trukks were sooo unfair and that the codexes needed immediate rewriting. I only asked him if this battle was in any way similar to his
'Ork Barbecue' he was referring to. Later that night as the lot of us were milling about I or someone would hear him trying to embellish the battle(I could see that in three months this battle could very well end up another 'ork babecue') saying that it was so close as he did blow up 3 vehicles full of Orks(forgetting to mention what those same orks did to him once he did the honor of inviting them out of their trukk). I really dislike that guy.
"We really shook the pillars of heaven this time, did'nt we Wang." Jack Burton

Offline Farseer Anastari

• I used 2 be Biel Tan Ranger :)
    • SPACE WOLVES CHAPTER
« Reply #14 on: March 5, 2002, 12:16:13 PM »
dude that guy sucks sore loser and lier they shouldnt bann him from playin minors but bann him from gw alltogether

the 1 and only biel tan wolf  ;)
"Rebirth of ancient days" The meaning of Biel Tan

Offline General Canderous Fayler

• Iron Fist
  • Iron Fist of Caldonia
« Reply #15 on: March 5, 2002, 12:55:15 PM »
beat "evil Sean" again and bring us the results.

Ohh there is a different player id like to talk about.
Im not what her name was but her army was a total unfair advantage.  She played a 1500 point nurgle demon army with two squads of some chaos marines that some how got 3+ invulnerable saves.  Any way, i fielded my first ever 1500 point Space Wolf army with a full squad of Wolf Guard Termies with two cyclone missles.  She had about 4 squads of nurglets (which i will refure to as turdlets, thats what they looked like)  with about 7 models each that had 3 wounds each.  This was at the rogue trader tournement last year and we were playing the messenger scenario.  There was no chance in hell that i could have won.  I tryed to get those damn turdlets into cc but they some how got out.  Needless to say the turdlets routed my 55th Trinary Ghost Wolves (i am now at the 72nd trinary and will be posting their fluff soon) and then proceeded to the objective zone.  GOD DAMN TURDLETS.  some how i dont think that army was leagal.

Offline Poueblo

• cheese-tastic
« Reply #16 on: March 5, 2002, 04:03:00 PM »
lol this is haelarious with all the fat people and the nerds and the gross people and the unsanitary people lol this is my favourite conversation ever.  o ya, the worst player ive played is this tyranid player who thinks everything the eldar has is cheap.   he also always heling the opponent when their fighting against me.  of corse, ive never lost to him or andyone who has had his help.  lol, cause hes a moron!
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline spacepiper

• Soul Rebel
  • One Love; Bob Marley
    • EldarOnline
« Reply #17 on: March 5, 2002, 04:40:23 PM »
When i first started playing, some kid from my school taught me to play, with his 15 marines + a landspeeder versus me with 15 Dark Eldar warriors. It was a slaughter to say the least.....and he also used all sorts of made up rules. According to him, independent characters cannot be targeted unless the model targeting them is less than 6 inches away from the character. He had too many stupid ideas for me to list here, but to say the least now that I know what the rules are, I laugh about him a lot. He is a constant joke in my circle of 40K players.
“The ends you serve that are selfish will take you no further than yourself: but the ends you serve that are for all, in common, will take you into eternity.” –Marcus Garvey

Daniel Brierton

« Reply #18 on: March 5, 2002, 05:47:39 PM »
Aww, you guys had it easy. Check this out, the store i go to, u cant look at your openets codex from the store, u have to purchase your own. I played agianst a tau person, for the first time. listen to this.

His tau rules that are written in the codex(LOL):

-Stealth squads jump pack in the air, get a shot, come back down, and then assault when you charge at them.

-Anything with a tau jet pack moves 12 in the movement, and 12 in assault.

-Tau vechiles can hover over things, shoot you, and land w/ out you being able to hit him.

-marker lights mark so EVERY MODEL in the army can hit on a 2+

-Shiled drones give the entire squad its in a 4+ inv. save!

need i go on?

i was like, wtf! ??? i got home and bought the codex and i was like  >:(!

BURN HIM TO HELL, sorry............., gotta keep my feelings in........ *Sniff*

-Dan

Offline Wolf_Lord

• I am the lord of the wolves, fear me!
« Reply #19 on: March 5, 2002, 06:09:42 PM »
hey that sheild drone one and the jetpack movment are right arn't they? if there not I would like to know why the bastard tau player uses them......some painful interopgation for him methinks!
"may the dark sun light your journey"