News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Battle of the Primarchs!  (Read 20587 times)

Offline Stormtrooper of the Dominion

• Staring up at heaven through the bottom of a glass
Re: Battle of the Primarchs!
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 06:15:13 PM »
Match 2

Horus- Lunar Wolves vs. Corax- Raven Guard
Vulkan- Salamanders vs. Sanguinius- Blood Angels
Magnus the Red- Thousand Suns vs. Ferrus Manus- Iron Hand
Lion El Jonson- Dark Angels vs. Perturabo- Iron Warriors
Jaghatai Khan- White Scars vs. Leman Russ- Space Wolves

1) Horus - Corax goes down in under 2 minutes
2) Sanguinius
3) Magnus... I didn't think Ferrus would beat Robert by much so I know he'll get crushed by Magnus
4) Lion... Perturabo is out-classed here
5) Leman Russ.  He'd snap Khan's back like he was Magnus the Red :P
"Yes, something invulnerable, unburiable is within me, something that rends rocks: It is called MY WILL.  Silently its steps and unchanging through the years." - Fredrich Nietzsche from "The Funeral Song"

"Thunder Wolves" - 4000 pts

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 07:43:00 PM »
1. Horus, he was the best all-around Primarch.
2. Vulkan.  He was extremely strong.
3. Magnus, I would have to say.
4. The Lion.  He was awesome hand-to-hand.
5. Russ.  He was godly strong and Hand to Hand.
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"

Offline ghost_realm

• I live to taint
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 08:47:41 PM »
1.Horus due to overall amazing skill
2.Sanguinius would keep swooping down and attacking vulkan
3.Magnus the Red got to love his strength and psychic abilities
4.Lion El Jonson although I would love to see him obliterated
5.Russ due to him being great in hand to hand

Offline Irandrura

• Only mildly annoying
  • Ancient
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 08:51:58 PM »

1/ It's going to be closer than people think... I know so many people will vote for Horus that his victory is assured, but that won't stop me giving poor neglected Corax a vote.

2/ Much as I like Vulkan, Sanguinius did some incredible things that I've yet to see him match. Point for Sanguinius.

3/ While I still maintain that Magnus' psychic powers aren't as effective as some people are making out, they are effective enough to deal with Ferrus Manus. Magnus wins after a hard fight.

4/ Jonson, of course. He was one of the very greatest of the Primarchs in combat, while Perturabo was not, to put it simply.

5/ Two wild barbarians going at it, but Russ is still the stronger.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Offline EternitysEnd

• rock out
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 09:12:14 PM »
1. Horus, unfortunately
2. Sanguinius
3. Magnus, if Angron couldn't beat him, Ferrus definitely can't
4. the Lion, no match
5. Russ, again not much of a match

Offline supremeburteeto

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2006, 02:35:19 PM »
Voting for Round 2 ends tommorrow at 5:00 pacific

Offline Toad_Raider

• Warrior | Honk If You Like Zombies | Bow Ties Are Never Cool
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Zombies are people too!
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 12:22:51 AM »

1.  Horus (bummer)
2.  Sanguinius rips Vulkan's head off & beats him to death with it.
3.  Magnus the Red - the guy was big & strong *for a Primarch* plus a few magic spells gives him the match.
4.  Lion El Johnson (unrivalled martial skill and all that)
5.  Leman Russ slices Jaghatai's bike into several pieces, then does the same to him.
...a spiffified whizz-bang unit of Much Destruction that'll get whored like crazy in WD and kill a million Monoliths in the release batrep
Lomendil's pick for the new DE dex. Not quite, but we have a 'dex now!

Well played, TW.  By well played, I of course mean god damn your traitorous ways.

Do love Diplomacy!

Offline Dedecus

• Interrogator-Chaplain
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006, 12:44:19 AM »
1.Horus
2.Sanguinius
3.Magnus the Red
4.Lion El Jonson
5.Leman Russ

5 primarchs left... there should be like a huge battle royal or something to settle it between them.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 12:49:36 AM by Dedecus »
"Repent! For tomorrow you die!"

Offline Irandrura

• Only mildly annoying
  • Ancient
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006, 01:08:11 AM »
In a final five-way poll? It's difficult to set up several 1v1 matches with 5, but you could randomly select one to go through to the final round and run a pair of 1v1s, with the final one a 1v1v1.

So, predictions for final victor? I'm guessing either Horus or Russ will come out on top, though the others are going to put in a good showing.

Offline Deloth Vyrr

• Death is my Meat, Terror is my Wine!
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 01:44:05 AM »
we're gonna start getting into matchups that actually happened now, such as Sang vs Horus and Russ vs. Magnus, and we already know how those go...

as for the current matchups:

1.  Horus - Pretty easy matchup here
2.  Sanguinius - Jus goes angel style on Vulkan, plus Vulkan is kind of a wimp
3.  Magnus the Red - People underestimate Magius, he's an incrediably powerful sorcerer and even gave Russ a run for his money in hand to hand
4.  Dont know enough about either to judge
5.  Leman Russ - The Lemon beats all

Offline Irandrura

• Only mildly annoying
  • Ancient
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2006, 02:54:23 AM »
we're gonna start getting into matchups that actually happened now, such as Sang vs Horus and Russ vs. Magnus, and we already know how those go...

That was Heresy era Horus, though, with all the power of the Chaos gods behind him. This is pre-Heresy Horus we're talking about, with no Chaos powers to call upon. Sanguinius would have a better chance in those circumstances, and considering how well he did against Chaos-powered Horus I can certainly see him defeating pre-Heresy Horus.

Offline TDB

• Lap Dancing Teasers
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2006, 03:14:53 AM »
Sanguinius would have a better chance in those circumstances, and considering how well he did against Chaos-powered Horus I can certainly see him defeating pre-Heresy Horus.

Sanguinius got swatted like a fly by Horus during the Heresy.  Chaplain Lestrallio (Blood Angels IA article) has Sanguinius being toyed with by Horus and Assault on Holy Terra: the battle for the Emperor's Palace has Horus strangle him "with his bare hands".

Before Horus had his chaos powers however i agree with you, Sanguinius could very well have won, especially given that he could fly.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" Arthur C. Clarke
Is fhearr an t-olc a chluinntinn na fhaicinn (better to hear the evil than see it)

Offline Irandrura

• Only mildly annoying
  • Ancient
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 04:47:20 AM »
Sanguinius got swatted like a fly by Horus during the Heresy.  Chaplain Lestrallio (Blood Angels IA article) has Sanguinius being toyed with by Horus and Assault on Holy Terra: the battle for the Emperor's Palace has Horus strangle him "with his bare hands".

Though there's that mention of Sanguinius striking a mighty blow and chipping a flaw in Horus' armour that the Emperor was later able to exploit to achieve final victory...

Offline Lonewolf

• Cthulhu cultist, The Final Solution | Swarmlord | Staff Soap Spotter
  • Ancient
  • Murdering armies since 2003 - retired since 2012
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2006, 05:24:47 AM »
Though there's that mention of Sanguinius striking a mighty blow and chipping a flaw in Horus' armour that the Emperor was later able to exploit to achieve final victory...

Hmm if your quote about that planet busting energy beam that killed Horus, is right, then i dont see, how even a deamon enhanced armour could have helped him much...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 05:38:42 AM by Lonewulf »

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline ghost_realm

• I live to taint
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2006, 09:53:52 AM »
It seems people are too focused on the Sanguinius v.s Horus fight. I am far more excited at the prospect of a re-match between russ and magnus. It was a very very close fight before as russ only won by kicking magnus in his only eye and magnus did have most of his psychic abilities taken away due to the sisters of silence presence nullifying the most warp spawned magic. I think that if the sisters of silence wer not there to help out (just by being near to magnus) then magnus would have been able to use his real abilities to fry russ. I love both russ and magnus but I think russ would have had his ass handed to him.

On the subject of Sanguinius v.s horus though I think that Sanguinius would have beaten Horus (if he didn't have all of those chaotic powers). When fighting in hand to hand Horus could not best Sanguinius so he just used a lot of warp power to beat him.

Offline Stormtrooper of the Dominion

• Staring up at heaven through the bottom of a glass
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2006, 05:16:13 PM »
It seems people are too focused on the Sanguinius v.s Horus fight. I am far more excited at the prospect of a re-match between russ and magnus. It was a very very close fight before as russ only won by kicking magnus in his only eye and magnus did have most of his psychic abilities taken away due to the sisters of silence presence nullifying the most warp spawned magic. I think that if the sisters of silence wer not there to help out (just by being near to magnus) then magnus would have been able to use his real abilities to fry russ. I love both russ and magnus but I think russ would have had his ass handed to him.

He tried that.  If memory serves me right Russ took one of his cyclops blasts right to the chest and kept coming after him, add that to the fact he ate the emperor's powerfist and I'm thinking that Russ would break his back again, and again, and again.
"Yes, something invulnerable, unburiable is within me, something that rends rocks: It is called MY WILL.  Silently its steps and unchanging through the years." - Fredrich Nietzsche from "The Funeral Song"

"Thunder Wolves" - 4000 pts

Offline supremeburteeto

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2006, 08:03:58 PM »
Round 2 is now over!!

The reults are:

1. Horus- Lunar Wolves-8*
1. Corax- Raven Guard-1
2. Vulkan- Salamanders1
2. Sanguinius- Blood Angels-8*
3. Magnus the Red- Thousand Suns-8*
3.Ferrus Manus- Iron Hand-1
4. Lion El Jonson- Dark Angels-8*
4. Perturabo- Iron Warriors-0
5. Jaghatai Khan- White Scars-0
5.Leman Russ- Space Wolves-9*

Eliminated Primarchs for round 2:Corax, Vulkan,Ferrus,Perturabo, and Jaghatai Khan

Primarchs Advancing to semi-finals:Horus, Leman Russ, Lion El, Sanguinius and Magnus

Semi-Final Round

1.Horus- Lunar Wolves(Pre-Hersey, sry I frorgot to mention it in my original post) vs. Leman Russ- Space Wolves vs. Magnus the Red- Thousand Suns

2.Lion El Jonson- Dark Angels vs. Sanguinius- Blood Angels

REMEMBER:  Vote for who is the best (who would win in a fight) not your favorite.

Also, on a side note we got some interesting rivalrys between primarchs(i.e Horus vs. Sanguinius, and Russ vs. Magnus). So if enough ppl want it we can have,(in addition to voting)  a rivalry battle between primarchs, this also apllies to any primarch that has been defeated.So Khan, Vulkan, Guillman and all the other primarchs can participate. So post some rivalry matches,and I will gather all the matches and post them in a special rivalry section, along with the Tournament's Final Match.(Note: these battles will not interfer with the original tourney, so the primarchs that have been defeated cannot come back.) So post comments if this is a good idea or not.

Happy voting
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 08:09:55 PM by supremeburteeto »

Offline Hells Slingshot

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2006, 08:41:08 PM »
1. Magnus (Psy Power!)

2. Lion el Jhonsen (Long ranged fire power)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 04:08:45 PM by Hells Slingshot »
Chaos Space Marines arn't evil, they use evil
Puritans are stupid Daemon hosts dont corrupt you
Blizzard riped off Gamesworkshop Though they make good games
Horroic last stands mean that you've lost the battle but make for good stories
And Finialy: George Bush Sucks!!!!!
60% of all Americans belive that the big bang occored 2500 years after the Sumerians learned to brew beer
If you're 1 of the 40% put this in your SIG

Offline Irandrura

• Only mildly annoying
  • Ancient
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2006, 08:55:50 PM »
1.Horus- Lunar Wolves(Pre-Hersey, sry I frorgot to mention it in my original post) vs. Leman Russ- Space Wolves vs. Magnus the Red- Thousand Suns

Russ. He's already proved he can defeat Magnus (no, there were no Sisters of Silence. They're HHCCG >:(), and as fearsome as Horus was, he didn't have Russ' focus on combat.

2.Lion El Jonson- Dark Angels vs. Sanguinius- Blood Angels

Jonson. Sanguinius is a tough prospect, but not as powerful or skilled as Jonson was.

Oh... if it goes this way, the final battle will be Russ against Jonson... that's been fought before, on five separate occasions, to five separate draws.

Offline EternitysEnd

• rock out
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2006, 09:56:26 PM »
So I was wondering what this sisters of silence thing was. No wonder I had no clue, I stay far, far away from CCGs, no offense intended. In that case:

Russ

Sanguinius- pure fury and desire over skill and power.

So the Lion and Russ have had five different draws? Amazing.