News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Why do people dislike the Ultramarines?  (Read 15541 times)

Offline Kjata

Re: Why do people dislike the Ultramarines?
« Reply #260 on: April 24, 2006, 10:22:50 PM »
If you're gonna apol;ogize for swearing don't do it.

also, when an ordnance blast can't miss, then you are  screwed.If you're worried abput ;osing a few marines, then when all your trukks go down turn one, then you are screwed.When a hail of bolters/ pulse weapons decimate your forces you are screwed.  Switching from the toughest basic troops to one of the weakest is not the best choice in the world if you play only to win, as you will lose your first games, but from what I undertstand about you that isn't a problem, so I congragulate on your change. 

BTW, what SM chapter do you play? 

Offline Siege_TF

• Lazerous Penguin
  • *Slurp* I mean... *Sip*
« Reply #261 on: April 25, 2006, 04:16:04 AM »
it depends on the people's conception of that army, most marine and marine players in my local GW think orks to be weak and easy to win(until i play them)
also i haven't seen many black templar players despite the rep they've been getting

Niether Marines nor Orks are conceived. Orks spring forth from the ground, and Marines are transformed humans.

Also, I didn't notice many new Tyranid players when they got their new 'dex, just a lot of people who already played 'nids dusting them off and adding a new model or two.

I've never, ever been able to wipe out the Guard with my Tau, there are just too damn many of them. Even with my stealth team taking out a platoon per turn it's just never enough for those little guys with a few great big guns. I'm afraid of exposing my battlesuits to them (why would the standard plasma/missile suit pose a threat to the guard??). It's not unusual for their damned tanks to rumble out from behind cover and blast my armor (my new Pirana unit might fix that), and it's just a general pain to get rid of the Hammer of the Emperor. More fun and challenging than fighting yet another power armored opponent though, I'll admit.
Onager 
/ˈänəjər
/Noun
An animal of a race of the Asian wild ass (Equus hemionus onager) native to northern Iran.

In other words GW are calling Tau players wild asses for wanting a melee suit option.

Offline TheScaryguyinthecorner

• Behold the perfect stick figure
« Reply #262 on: April 25, 2006, 01:21:25 PM »
Yea i understand im gonna loose, that dosent bother me i just wanna have fun the SpaceMarines are just to up tight i know they rock. I played Ultras for a bit tried to make my own chapter thought about chaos then went ork. I dont play to win i play to have as much fun as possible cause i dont live by a store i dont even live by a store that plays any game at any time...this depresses me but i have a few pals that play and we have a blast..heck sometimes...most of the times sence we dont have any army above 1000 we just play our whole armys at once. un orthadox but fun as heck at the same time.
I just stick up for the Sms cause they are in my mind one of the most well designed and plain neetest to look at i just dont want to play as them anymore

(\_/)
(O.0)
(> <)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #263 on: April 25, 2006, 03:39:59 PM »
i hate smurfs 'cause they're just too easy for me to beat, i need a challenge like gaurd, and in my experiance ultramarines are the worst of them