News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Female Eldar Farseer  (Read 2485 times)

Offline malicant

• "It is not blood that binds us..."
Female Eldar Farseer
« on: October 9, 2016, 05:51:58 AM »
Hello everyone,

It's been some years since I last posted here, but I've recently been drawn back into the hobby.  I'm currently expanding my Eldar army with some new models, touch ups and a few conversions. 

I wanted to add a female Farseer to my force, but I was unsure how to make one.  My natural inclination was to sculpt breasts onto the existing plastic Farseer, but I didn't like this approach as I really wanted something unique. 

The opportunity came when I purchased a box of wood elf eternal guard, which I painted for a small diorama for a gift to a friend.  I had several bodies leftover, so I opted to use one of the female guard models as the base of the Farseer.

This is probably the heaviest conversion that I've ever done.  It's also my first real attempt to use green-stuff for anything beyond gap filling and the most basic sculpting.  Opinions are welcome :)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Female Eldar Farseer
« Reply #1 on: October 9, 2016, 06:42:16 AM »
Hey Malicant, welcome back to the forum. The painting and hobby sections are quite active at the moment so you chose a great time to pop back on.

Really like what you've got going so far. Excellent choice of bits... the robes and the cloak with that little swirl on the back of the cloak is so nice. Love the outstretched hand and the spear is really nice too. The greenstuff work looks very solid so far.

Really looking forward to following this project. Keep it up!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline malicant

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 01:50:40 PM »
Thank you, sir. 

The pose of the model was actually somewhat unintentional.  I had initially intended to use the arms from a Dire Avenger exarch, but they looked a little too bulky, and I wanted a more feminine shape.  The arms from the eternal guard suited the look better :)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 07:01:29 AM »
Hey Malicant. I do agree with you. Back when I started on my kitbashing journey I wanted to use the Avengers kit for everything. But yes they are bulky, I actually think they might be the largest Eldar infantry model, which is a bit weird. I first noticed when I tried putting Fantasy bits but it was a mismatch. The fantasy bits are very, very nice. Especially the Wood Elf line. Anyway again great stuff, can't wait for more photos. Keep it up!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline malicant

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 06:28:56 AM »
Cheers man :)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 05:31:10 PM »
nice green stuff work there.

On a side note the High Elf range has some very nice parts for kit bashing warlocks and farseers too.

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 11:46:53 PM »
Great job so far!
The greenstuff sculpting looks good and I like the choice of parts.
I've toyed with building an Exodite force at some point (Since I have pretty much every other type of Eldar!) so will be keeping an eye on this for sure, looking good so far though!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here