News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: what is the best hive tyrant  (Read 4677 times)

Offline wageslave

Re: what is the best hive tyrant
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2007, 12:33:57 AM »
Rambooooooooo!!!

I suck with a camera but you get the point  :)

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2007, 12:35:12 AM »
Does that thing have 3 bio-weapons?  Well, actually, 2 1/2, cause the bone-sword is only one arm =p

Still though, total WTF.  And snipery.  And click the link to see the rambo-fex someone put on the gallery ^_^
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"

Offline wageslave

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2007, 12:40:49 AM »
Yeah that freaky predator-looking sniper-fex is completely awesome.  Any giant monster wielding two guns immediately gets a hundred coolness points. 

Hahaha yeah he has 2.5 bio-weapons, I really loved the way the sword looked on him and couldn't help but put it on for flare.  If someone ever be-atches at me in a GW store I'll snap it off or something. 

Offline wageslave

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2007, 12:43:20 AM »
That amuses me to no end that in my last post b**ches (intentional asterices here) got changed to be-atches by the auto-censor. 

Offline Benandorf

• Why so heretical?
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2007, 01:10:14 AM »
Turn off the auto-censor, then.

I view all our horrible language in all its splendor!
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"

Offline Smellofwetdog

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2007, 08:03:46 AM »
...what if we called it TomBerenger Tyrant? ... he was in Sniper afterall.

So this discussion on tyrants made me think... so many variations (3) how do you guys go about swapping weapons on your tyrants?  I magnetized my carnifexes, but didn't do so on my tyrants.  Do you guys have weapons pegged or magnetized or just break off arms?  which of those 3 methods do you prefer, or do you have another method?

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2007, 09:35:49 AM »
Yeah, I think of them pretty much like that.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 02:00:02 PM by Yuenglingdragon »
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...

Offline Benandorf

• Why so heretical?
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2007, 10:35:19 AM »
Well, I generally go for "proxy till I get one of each" method.

Worked fairly well so far ^_^
Your boss? Genestealers.

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2007, 02:01:11 PM »
I've never really had a desire to use anything other than my dakka Tyrant and Flyrant.  I think I'd just buy a 4th edition Tyrant if I ever wanted a sniper tyrant.
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...

Offline wageslave

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2007, 02:36:23 PM »
...what if we called it TomBerenger Tyrant? ... he was in Sniper afterall.

So this discussion on tyrants made me think... so many variations (3) how do you guys go about swapping weapons on your tyrants?  I magnetized my carnifexes, but didn't do so on my tyrants.  Do you guys have weapons pegged or magnetized or just break off arms?  which of those 3 methods do you prefer, or do you have another method?

Rambooooooooo!

Cough, I mean, I plan on buying the FW winged tyrant as my next big purchase (it's about $140 US, GBP conversion rates suck) so then I'll have one winged and one Rambo.  I use Rambo as the Dakka if I want to play around with him, but I find especially with the new builds on the 4th edition models that snapping arms is not really *that* bad.  So kind of along with Benandorf I'd have one core that I'd proxy for the gunner, and paint up the arms to switch out if there was ever a super-official setting where there were hard core WYSIWYG rules. 

Offline Lazarus15

• Fantasy>5th Ed.
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2007, 11:36:50 AM »
Rare Earth Magnets.  Who ever thought of them originally was a friggen' genius.  Rambo is completely fitting!  Also, after pondering the idea of Rambo Tyrant, against guard, eldar, tau, and so on, that is pretty nasty combo.  The only down fall to this would be the players target selection.  With such a diverse weapon group, what do you shoot at?  S5 ORd. Blast Pin/3 S8 shots...nice.
Kings of Khemri versus The Master of Change.

Warseer Member Charred Remains about the 5th Ed. "No Retreat Rule" :

"But this 'no retreat rule' thing now just doesn't have any drama.The rule executes with the speed of an oncoming sore throat. It's a slow dickover. Kinda like doing your taxes. I'd vote to change it."