News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500pt WWP Army for Sydney GT  (Read 324 times)

Offline ArchonCryx

• Dracon Author of long replies
  • Ancient
  • Dracon: Kabal of the Bloodied Claw of Despair
1500pt WWP Army for Sydney GT
« on: September 16, 2005, 10:28:09 AM »
Haemonculus Dismas Azoth (Destructor, Scissorhand, WebWay Portal) 95
Dracon Aviendha, Agoniser, Splinter Pistol, Plasma Grenades, WebWay Portal 108
(HQ 203, 13.5%)

An'gria and her Annihilators: 14 wyches, Wych Weapons, 2 Blasters, Succubus An'gria w/ Agoniser GT & Plasma Grenades  224 Red Bases, red and gold.
Arturock's pack: Beastmaster Arturock + 5 Warp Beasts 75
(Elite 299 19.9%) Sub: 502

Flower of death: 18 Warriors with 2 Splinter Cannons, 2 Blasters, Sybarite Al Y Nena (Agoniser) 200 Red Bases and shoulder pads.
Frenetic Stalkers: 10 Warriors with Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Sybarite Iria (Agoniser) Raider "Swift Zin"(Dark Lance, Trophy Rack, and Horrorfex) 191 Gold Bases
Lightning Marauders: 9 Warriors with Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Sybarite R'Karth (Agoniser) Raider "Darting Avenger"(Dark Lance and Horrorfex) 173 Purple Bases.
Dark Renderers:13 Warriors with 2 Dark Lances, 2 Blasters  Silver Bases and Shoulder pads. 134
Freem Lance: 10 Warriors with 2 Dark Lances Green bases and Shoulder pads 100
Armour Snipers: 10  Warriors with 2 Dark Lances  100

(Troops 898, 59.9%)

Azoth's Innoculator: Talos 100

(Heavy Support: 100, 6.7%)

16% from Armoury

Comp Criteria:
Non troop choice to be <25% per section
Troops to be > 40%
Troop slots > than slot # in any other category
Characters and squads to be named
Spend <20% on Armoury page items (inc Vehicle upgrades, weapons, wargear)

Very similar to the list I was reasonably successful with down in Melbourne. We won't be playing very funky missions, so I feel pretty safe having both my WWPs on my HQ characters. This might change if I learn there's a chance of a "Troops only deploy" mission in which case it'll go back to the SYbarite inthe 18 man squad.

I',m also experimenting with Lomendil's idea to combine a Raider trophy rack with Horrorfexes to really have a decent chance of pinning something. Seems pricey - 20 points to MAYBE pin one or two squads... but the horrofexes did help me out a lot in  one game, and a trophy rack in that game would probably have meant two pinned enemy squads instead of just one!
"As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking." Pete Haines   ;)

Lords of Terra (Open) +High Lords (invitational)- Sydney July 24-25 2012, 1750pts, check lordsofterra.com

Offline Scorn

• Supreme Archon of Commorragh | Nasty Sky Juice | Title (and/or) Whore |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar
Re: 1500pt WWP Army for Sydney GT
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 06:42:26 PM »
Your already well-established with this style of list and you know how it will perform.  The only thing that seems off is the 13 strong Warrior Squad with Dark Lances and Blasters.  What do you usually use this unit for?  Is it a big sniper squad that can defend itself if enemy units get too close or does it advance, stop and let loose with four dark matter shots?
Rejoice.  Despair. 
Fate does not care.
Each knotted mind entwined. 
Each soul another's bind.
And blind though we are led. 
In time we do know when, to cut a thread.
-Erfworld

Offline ArchonCryx

• Dracon Author of long replies
  • Ancient
  • Dracon: Kabal of the Bloodied Claw of Despair
Re: 1500pt WWP Army for Sydney GT
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 09:43:16 AM »
It's just a patented "Super SNiper" squad! It's just meant to be a greatly more versatile version of the regular sniper squad. It can do both the things you mention. Essentially, it's the second screening squad for the 2nd wwp IC. Basicaly a few extra bodies to take the required hits screen units get to take.  I like it because it adds versatility. I can recount occaisions where I get to fire 4 Dark Matter shots vs armour or terminators. Other occaisions where a dread threatens my flank, out of los with the squad's DLs, but because the squad has a move+shoot option, comes out and shoots that dred dead! It also takes one more wound to get this squad to test than normal sniper squads, I abhor taking morale checks, the less I take the better! Also, the extra bodies make this a better choice for supporting those elite attackers, altho Im not fussy, I'll throw the kitchen sink into assault if I think it will help me beat opponent! I think I get great value out of my extra 34 points! :D

Generally, whenever I play against an army I want to move my wwps forward, ALL my squads generally move forward. Occaisionaly I might hold back on a DL squad to shoot but usually, if pushing to close the gap, I want to make it look like a giant threat's coming. amazing how much of a real test of opponent's nerve it really is when all Im doing is throwing 50 warriors at him! If they take the bait, these squads will add badly needed numbers to my elite assault elements. Having more assault weapons available in such situations is often better.
"As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking." Pete Haines   ;)

Lords of Terra (Open) +High Lords (invitational)- Sydney July 24-25 2012, 1750pts, check lordsofterra.com