News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1700 Point - WWP Kabal  (Read 331 times)

Offline Deloth Vyrr

• Death is my Meat, Terror is my Wine!
1700 Point - WWP Kabal
« on: December 25, 2006, 03:13:05 AM »
Hey guys, haven't posted here in a while but I've been playtesting a new army idea. So far its worked well with 2 games and 2 victories. One game against IG and the 2nd against Black Templars.

Its a WWP assault army with a fair ammount of fire support. The odd thing about this list is that I use no Heavy Support Options and a very large Incubi Squad. I know some of you will disagree with me on the Incubi but so far I've realized 1 thing, after 5 or so Incubi it may be overkill but it adds one major advantage... survivability.

Anyways, without futher ado:

HQ: (563)

Archon
-Hellion Skyboard
-Shadow Field
-Agonizer
-Splinter Pistol
-Combat Drugs
-Plasma Grenades
In the Webway

Dracon
-Punisher
-Tormentor Helm
-Hell Mask
Drazhar, Master of Blades
8 Incubi
Raider
-Disintegrator
In the Webway

Elites: (476)

Succubus
-Agonizer
-Wych Weapon
-Plasma Grenades
9 Wyches
-Wych Weapons
-Plasma Grenades
Raider
-Disintegrator
In the Webway

Succubus
-Agonizer
-Wych Weapon
-Plasma Grenades
9 Wyches
-Wych Weapons
-Plasma Grenades
Raider
-Disintegrator
In the Webway

Troops: (660)

Sybarite
-Webway Portal
12 Warriors
-2 Dark Lances

Sybarite
-Webway Portal
12 Warriors
-2 Dark Lances

10 Warriors
-2 Dark Lances

10 Warriors
-2 Dark Lances 

10 Warriors
-2 Dark Lances

1699 Pts

Offline Black Rose

• Come my little playthings...
Re: 1700 Point - WWP Kabal
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 03:47:06 AM »
Archon
-Hellion Skyboard
-Shadow Field
-Agonizer
-Splinter Pistol
-Combat Drugs
-Plasma Grenades
In the Webway

Not bad, hellion skyboard is something that I will be soon testing on my archon, with skyboard counting as a jump pack, you can use the 12" assault drug, but I'm not sure if you can use the fleet of foot. Anyway he is faster then on a jetbike, and has a little more survivability then on foot. Consider using agoniser, poisoned blades and tormentor helm combo, when facing diffrent opponents with one list this gives you more options in combat

Dracon
-Punisher
-Tormentor Helm
-Hell Mask
Drazhar, Master of Blades
8 Incubi
Raider
-Disintegrator

Yeah, thats a real overkill! but if it works for you....

Succubus
-Agonizer
-Wych Weapon
-Plasma Grenades
9 Wyches
-Wych Weapons
-Plasma Grenades
Raider
-Disintegrator

Think about an adding blasters to your wych squads - one per squad is enough, and they can sometimes really save the day, and it is only one S3 atack less. I would have take the same combo that I've suggest for Archon

Sybarite
-Webway Portal
12 Warriors
-2 Dark Lances

Sybarite
-Webway Portal
12 Warriors
-2 Dark Lances

You have way to little models in those squads, you lose three and you have to take a morale check, and it is not hard to kill 3 warriors.

Anyway nice list overall
"One must do violence to the object of one's desire; when it surrenders, the pleasure is greater."

Marquis De Sade

Offline Deloth Vyrr

• Death is my Meat, Terror is my Wine!
Re: 1700 Point - WWP Kabal
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 03:13:52 PM »
gah, My wyches do have blasters, somthing i forgot to put... thats my bad

I think I'll put a little more explanation into the heavy Incubi squad...

Dracon and Squad of 5 incubi hits enemy squad, runs them down, consolidates into other squad, beats them down, consolidates into open space, gets shot up, not hard to kill 6 models...

Squad of 10? Does the SAME damage in H2H more or less, but when it gets stuck in the open, soaks up ALOT of fire and KEEPS GOING. Also, in Recon missions this squad is a godsend I've found, take 2nd turn, hide this squad in its raider behind some nice terrain all game, last turn, turbo boost the near 500 point squad into the deployment zone, hehehe. So it does have tactical uses.

Also, every once and a while, my 5-6 man incubi squad would wiffle.... Roll a buncha 1s and 2s to his and likewise for wounds, and do crap all...... with double the numbers of units the chance of that happening is heavily reduced.

With the poison blades idea, I've actually dont that before and it is very handy, but I just couldnt squeeze the 10 points in anywhere...

As for the beefing of the carrier squads, I initially wanted them 17 in strength to up the moral check to 5 casualties (BTW, 13 warriors ~ 12 normal + Sybarite requires 4 for a moral check, not 3) but once again, thats 64 points I need to find lieing around... I conidered dropping a Lance squad to do this but thats the loss of 2 heavy weapons as well.... its a tough call really. What I'm gonna do is play a few more test games at 13 man squads and see how survivable they are. If I find they're getting whiped out or I'm having really close calls + making more moral checks then I'm comfortable with, I'll find a way to beef em