News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: DE noob, things to get . . .  (Read 372 times)

Offline Paladin_Magnus

• Balanced, it's the new cheese.
DE noob, things to get . . .
« on: December 23, 2005, 10:46:28 PM »
ok, I have bought 36 warriors and modeled up my own Drachon, but what next y'know?  I have read other posts, but they have been a little inconclusive.  I own the codex, and updated rules, and have read the stuff on EO.  But what happens next?  what should I get to further the glory of the DE.  (I'm the only DE player in the store), besides there are too many marine players in my store who say DE suck, now that I can't stand.  Don't mind if they rib Craftworld eldar, but DE are too cool to made fun of have, especially by marines!

Own:
codex: DE
Drachon on skyboard, punisher
30x warriors w/ Splinter rifles
4x warriors w/ Splinter Cannons
2x Sybarites

any help would be great guys, thanks!

-Paladin_Magnus

"The brave have always defined what the rest of us wish to be. In today's society, Heroes don't exist, its just a word we use to describe what people should do all the time..."

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
  • I'm only here for the beer!
Re: DE noob, things to get . . .
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 11:13:22 PM »
First all..... Welcome to the Dark side of 40K.  Plan on hearing "DE suck" quite often at first.  Just take solace in the fact that as soon as you master the race you'll be making them eat their words.

How do you envision playing your army?  I prefer the proverbial "Parking lot O' Doom".  In my Kabal, everyone has a ride so I field all Raider Squads.  My Wych Cult of course is mounted.  If you want to go the footslogging rout I'd give you different options.  Mix? OK there is a third option. 

Now before you start buying, check around.  There are tons of unwanted DE from the starter sets looking for a home.  I have over 160 of them and didn't buy but a few.  Guys will give them away just to get rid of them.

But for starters, unless you go Wych Cult, another box of warriors and 4 DLs or convert them.  A full Wych Squad and a Raider.  And a Ravager to get you started unless you want to go primarily footslogger then get a Talos or 2.  Stay away from RJBs, Mandrakes and Hellions until your force is a little bigger.  They aren't too good and are too expensive in smaller point games.

Get an idea of what you want to do with your army and post a list.  We can comment from there.
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline Paladin_Magnus

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 12:05:48 PM »
I was thinking of a WBB list, with ravagers for support fire.  would three disintegrators be better than 1x DL , and 2 Dissies? 

With this in mind I will go post list, please comment on it, thanks!

-paladin
"The brave have always defined what the rest of us wish to be. In today's society, Heroes don't exist, its just a word we use to describe what people should do all the time..."

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."

Offline Jester (Hadn't Changed His Profile Recently)

• I put the ass in assault.
  • Armies: The legions of pantslessness.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 12:06:48 PM »
do you mean WWP or is WBB something other than the thrice damned necron rule
The Tavern is dead. Long live The Tavern.

Offline Paladin_Magnus

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 02:29:54 PM »
apologies, I meant a Web Way Portal List, been writing too many necron lists i guess.;)

-paladin