News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Army color questions  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Thor0298

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Army color questions
« on: August 30, 2016, 12:09:16 AM »
So I started a Saim-Hann color scheme for my bikes, wraith guard, wraith lord and guardians. I have some dire avengers and want some scorpions. I really like to keep the paint schemes accurate and unfortunately I haven't had the time to read much of the fluff being a new player in an escalation league I'm pretty busy building and painting. I built the avengers tonight and plan on ordering scorpions but is there a reason for their color scheme on the gw site? Is it a different craftworld? Or is it the unit type?  Just trying to figure out which way to paint them. I think having something not red might be nice too. Been painting A LOT of red :)

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
Re: Army color questions
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 04:01:23 AM »
Traditionally the aspect shrines tend to have their own colour schemes but often with accents of their craftworld colours added in. I.e Bone White Howling Banshees with Red Hair.
You do also get different colour schemes among shrines of individual aspects (to allow you some creative license) If you want to go traditional then I would say stick with the Codex colours, then just substitute a few little bits just to tie them in to the rest of your army.
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 07:54:29 AM »
I saw an awesome Saim-Hann army with all red colored Aspect Warriors in a White Dwarf mega-bat-rep ages ago and it looked sick.

You could always say they have red and white themed shrines on Saim-Hann. Sounds perfectly justified to me
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 10:55:46 PM »
Nothing stopping you from continuing your colour scheme into your aspects, you can make them totally different if you want, its your party :)

You can google around to find some images from the old codexes to see some of the other colour patterns that Aurics Pride is talking about. The 2nd edition codex definately has it.