News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Not-Lame Progressive Activity Camp for Young Posters!  (Read 10859 times)

Offline Ashman

• Fear of Bovines. | Cool title here until Devern thinks of something better
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: The Not-Lame Progressive Activity Camp for Young Posters!
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2009, 09:01:58 PM »
"I think you might be a little too hot-headed to be making decisions after that little outburst," Ashman said, raising his eyebrows. "I'll vote for whoever's most suited for the job, but seen as we don't even know what 'Team Captain' entails I'm not going to back someone until Fox gives us a little more to work with.
He took deep drink from his glass, and placed it back on the table. "Knowing him, it could be a while."
Hymirl's speaker system began to pipe out Whigfield's Saturday Night and Ashman began to boogie about on his chair. Just a little bit.

CM

Offline taupro777

• Wait... Railguns are HOW strong?!
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2009, 09:06:25 PM »
John fell on his ass, embarrassed as he had ever been.  Standing up, he gained another chair and, fuming, only turning his barely controlled bloodlust aside for sake of foxies rules...  He did, however, yell as loud as he could

"You WILL pay for that telemnar!  MARK MY WORDS!
Wow... Just wow... Slaughter and skulls for the greater good?

Offline Ashman

• Fear of Bovines. | Cool title here until Devern thinks of something better
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2009, 09:07:57 PM »
"You forgot your red text..." Ashman pointed out helpfully.

CM

Offline taupro777

• Wait... Railguns are HOW strong?!
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2009, 09:10:04 PM »
You're right.  My b.
Wow... Just wow... Slaughter and skulls for the greater good?

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2009, 09:19:03 PM »
Khemri shook his head as he watched the antics of the red team. There was something satisfying about knowing you were up against a bunch of fractious fools. Crossing over to Thalandir, he put an arm around the young Taverner's shoulders and pointed across the room at the cavorting Chaos Marine and Farseer.

"See them?" the daemon queried. "don't be like them, and we've got this in the bag."

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2009, 09:19:43 PM »
Without opening his eyes, Cain muttered to the rest of his group. "If they are fighting each other already, this will be a walk though the Warp."
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!

Offline Seer Fox

• The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No. I'm not keeping the girl.
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2009, 09:23:39 PM »
An indeterminate amount of time passes, exactly ten hours in length. During this indeterminate time, the teams get to know one another until they are as close as the closest of paranoid schizophrenic brothers. They laugh, they drink, they pillow fight, they partake in sex orgies…the usual things that teams tend to do behind closed doors.

The morning comes about, and those who had actually fallen asleep were awoken by a loud trumpet call outside. Half decide to heed the call, the other half go to the toilet to wash the taste of other men out of their mouths. About half-an-hour after the point, everyone had assembled outside.

“Good morning, campers!” Fox cheerily announced, trumpet in one hand, a scroll in the other, “And yes, before you ask, I DO realise the impossibility of me blowing the trumpet in my hand due to my helm. ‘Tis one of the mysteries of life!”

“Now are you ready for today’s game? Chosen your captains? Excellent! But first, we have a few ground rules to go over. Do pay attention, as these will make the difference between victory and defeat. Ahem…”

Basic Everyday Rules

Alright, here’s how the posts go in Tavernland.

Basically, in whatever RP that comes up (unless specifically stated otherwise), the events will take place over a series of ‘turns’. You can only post MAXIMUM a turn, once to perform one action, and once to react to someone else’s action against you (if possible, put these in the same post to make things easier) during this turn. Then, after everyone has posted or 4 days go by, I shall update and everyone will move onto the next turn, and y’all can post again.

Sounds simple, right? Yes, it is, but unfortunately I’m going to have to make it more complicated for you. You see, as stated, you may only perform one action per turn. ‘Shoot at Shade’, ‘Run to the truck’, that sort of thing. But you aren’t allowed to say ‘Shoots at Shade, hitting him in the servos and disabling him’. That’s what we like to call god-modding, kiddos. I decide what works and what doesn’t. This goes for personal actions, too, like ‘Fifth regenerated a limb’. NO YOU DIDN’T, not until I say so. Reactions work the same way, so it’d be ‘Dancer attempts to dodge the biting jaws of the scorpion’.

So damn, how can you succeed? Basically, I will be looking at your posts for their writing quality, and deciding on how successful your actions are based on that. If you just write ‘He shot at Shade’, then more than likely you’re going to have your own face blown off.  Write me a paragraph or two about your action/reaction, and I’ll be much happier.

Also, when I say ‘quality’, that doesn’t mean it was to be serious. A well-written song-and-dance number will net you just as much props as gritty serious description, provided it all goes towards aiding your action in some way. Infact, such non-serious actions may well get you more points. Unless it’s random bullamphetamine parrot. Then bad things will happen to you. You CAN, with another posters permission, have a conversation between the two of you though, I don’t think that I’ll penalise anyone for this.

WHAT IS MORE (What is love? Baby don’t hurt me...don’t hurt me...no more...), you aren’t all gods. I am god. Now normally I only allow one ‘power’ or so for every person in my RP’s, but I’m feeling generous for the time being so am letting the rule go. That said, you shall soon find out exactly how far your reach extends if you try and grasp for too much. I doubt anyone’ll get killed, but you never know.

“Everyone clear on that?” The venerable Seer asks, to no reply, “Good! Now then, we move onto the first task! Everyone, follow me to The Proving Grounds!”

Ciat,
Seer Fox
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 09:27:12 PM by Seer Fox »
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.

Offline FarseerTelemnar

« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2009, 09:29:15 PM »
Telemnar was grateful that his helm included a silence button that could target individuals  while the rest of the people he could here fine. Because he was enjoying the motions that Taupro was making as he attempted to figure out what he could be saying.  "You also assume we all know what your trying to say by not completing your words. That is going to get our group destroyed in these upcoming events. Would you like for us to lose before we even start? I would like to hope you wouldn't want us to lose. "

As he flicked off the mute button. "Also I'm a Farseer. I knew what you were going to say before you even said it Taupro. So try not to yell really loud. It makes us look bad in front of the Green Team. Now Ashman my bar was nuked." he directed his attention back to the man dancing on his seat.

"As in burnt down the the very molecule of existence and then abandoned and your telling me I shouldn't destroy chairs out of anger and thus lose your vote?" Upon hearing the trumpet he turns to listen to Fox. "Off to the grounds I guess now."
New RPG Click Here

Remember the Black Dragon Inn

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2009, 09:30:56 PM »
Khemri followed Fox at a leisurely stroll, arms behind his back. It was indeed a pleasant morning, and he was glad that he'd chosen to retire after the all-county sheep buggering contest and before the all-county team-mate buggering contest. Stepping his pace up for a moment, he drew level with his liege lord.

"So, what awaits us at these 'proving grounds?'
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 09:32:24 PM by Khemri. »

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2009, 09:31:40 PM »
As soon as Cain had stepped out of the Inn's doors, he felt an overbearing presence. Some one or something was keeping his powers at a lowered level. He became instantly angry at the fact, while still curious. How had the Fox managed to bring low the powers of a Daemon Prince? The thought baffled him, and he still had no answer by the time the Seer had finished his little spiel (its funny now that I know where that word actually comes from).

He decided that before he got to anything serious, he would test his powers, bit by bit, until he knew the full extent. As the Fox turned around and walked to the Proving Grounds, Cain commanded theground beneath his iron treads to release from the ground. He wanted the large exapnse of ground, both in width and length, to carry him a few feet off the ground, towards the Seer.
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!

Offline jawmonkey

• My disgust for you is only matched by my rage.
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2009, 10:16:02 PM »
"Yes, The bar had potential, too many wierdos kept barging in on my good time though" The Monkey God says disparingly, but quickly perks up,"Oh well, shall we gather and discover what this is all about?"

The Monkey God stands back from the table and waits on the others.
Throwing feces in the eye of insolence.

Check out my terrain tutorial!, New chapter; plasticard watch tower added 11-6-11!

Also,examples of my many armies;  pics of all sorts of huge commissions

Offline Seer Fox

• The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No. I'm not keeping the girl.
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2009, 10:24:34 PM »
"So, what awaits us at these 'proving grounds?'

Fox didn't mov his head, but Khemri could still tell he was looking at him. And not in a nice way. More of a 'five year old with a gun' way.

"...Fun."

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.

Offline TagniK'ZuR

• You have the right to act your shoe size
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2009, 03:11:39 AM »
After spending the last 2 days trying to tie his shoelaces, Tagnik'zur finally gave up and stood, trying to see where everyone had gone. In front of him was what what left of a camp, clearly defiled by the other taverners, also, quite clearly deserted.

After running around like a headless chicked for a short while, he spied the group moving off towards some weird, hazy patch of land. He hurried off to join them.

As he got near, he could tell that they had clearly formed 2 teams, and had decided to talk in diffirent colours to re-inforce that, which he thought was quite usefull. All, that is, except for 2. Fox, striding out in front, was clearly in no team, and a smouldering Atheist, skulking around at the back of the group, also seemed to have no group.

Tagnik'zur decided that he must've fallen asleep to close the the hearth and fell in beside him, trying to cheer him up a little by juggling 3 burning balls.
Birthdays are good for you, the more you have the longer you live.

If you ignore your health long enough, it will go away.