News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Necrons vs IG @ 1750pts (KoN Round 3 game: TMGM vs Steel Legion)  (Read 2045 times)

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
This Batrep will be shorter than most of mine due to time constraints; but I will try to include all the relavant data, and I did get a good number of pictures to assist me in the discription.

First off, the game was vs Henry and his Steel Legion, which is wonderfully painted and I must add that this was his first time facing Necrons. Anyway, here are our lists.

The Mighty Green Machine (Necrons 1750pts)
1 Deceiver
1 Destructor Lord w/GoF, Phyl, PS, and Scythe.
7 Pariah
10 Warriors
10 Warriors
3 Wraiths
3 Wraiths
5 Scarab Swarms
3 Tomb Spiders
3 Tomb Spiders

1748pts, 2 SU's, 13KP's and PO = 6/27 with 46 Figures.

Steel Legion (excuse vagueness, as I am IG dumb)
Company Command Squad (5 guys includes HW Team with ML)
Platton Command Squad (5 Guys includes HW Team wih HB) + Commissar
    3 X 10 man Infantry team (Grenade Launchers + Commissar
    3 X HW Squads with Lascannons, ML's, and ML's
Veteran Squad in Chimera
    10 Guys, 2 Plasma 1 GL, Chimera had H-Flamer, EA, PM-SB.
Storm Troopers in Chimera
     10 Guys, HSLas, GL, Plasma, Chimera had Blade, HB, EA, PM-SB.
Leman Russ Exterminator
Leman Russ Battle Tank
Armoured Steal Legion Sentinal
Armoured Steal Legion Sentinal

1746pts

The Battlefield: We were doing a standard mission of Seize Ground (3 MO's) with Spearhead (quarters) deployment. The Green Crystal and the 2 Gun Armourments on top of the buildings were the 3 Mission Objectives.

Steal Legion has First turn and they deploy with everything on table except for the Stromtroopers, They go into the Quarter with the "Crystal" MO in the ruins, as they can use the terrain to gain plenty of firing points; although this does allow TMGM to also have access to one of the MO's straight out. TMGM sets up with everything aside from one Warrior squad on table, and they will arrive via standrad reserves. Here are the Deployments.

Turn 1
The IG ML's wound 1 Tomb Spider and one Pariah goes down as well. The Exterminator blasts into the Pariah as well and although it wounds 5 of them, they all make their cover saves. The Leman Russ has a great shotoing round wounding a Tomb Spider, kIlling 2 Scarab Swarms, and downing a Wraith. All other shooting has no effect and the IG have no assault.

WBB has 1/1 Wraiths self repair.
TMGM then advances on mass and although the Pariah shoot at the Chimera, they have no effect on it. The TMGM then Runs to continue its advance and the Tomb Spiders articifate babies en masse.

Both armies hold 1 objective at this point.

Turn 2
Reserves outflank TMGM and move in behind the Warriors at the Necron Objective. The IG put wonds on or kill a number of Tomb Spider Scarabs and then start to finish off Spiders such as Big Blue, and Plasti-bug. The IG Blob mass shoots into the swarm but the enhanced Turbo save proves to save most wounds from landing. All in all a good start; but probably not enough damage done in this round.

No Reserves and no WBB in this round
TMG Advances again and again the pariah Shooting is crap. The wraith squad each assault a tank though and blow them up, while some Tomb Spiders slap the Chimera off the table (killing 5 dudes from inside as well) and the D-Lord tangles up a Sentinal. oh and couple guys from the Blob get blown to bits in explosions. A Tomb Spider also made it to assault the Platoon Command Squad; but crap dice on both side of that exchange.

Both armies still hold 1 objective each.

Turn 3
Stormtroopers advance and leave their ride to balst away at Warriors downing 4.
5 Dudes from blown up Chimera get revenge and kill a Tomb Spider.
The Blob downs the Blue Warith squad, while the rest of the shooting tries to down the Gold Warith squad but only bags 1 and downs 1, so there is one poor Wraith left standing.
CC has the Platoon Comd Squad die.

WBB has 2/4 Wraiths self repairing, and 1/4 Warriors getting back up as well.
The second Warrior squad also arrives from Reserves.
The two Warrior squad work together to Rapid Fire all 10 StormTroopers off the battlefield. The Pariah finally do something and kill 1 Vet with their shooting, and Wraiths jump the Command Squad and a Lascannon team in Assault and mow through them while the Swarm jumps a ML team and a Tomb Spiders jumps the last Sentinal. Almsot forgot, the Deceiver started to beat up on the Blob

Only the Necrons hold an objective at this point, as the other is now contested.

Turn 4
Shooting takes down a couple Warriors and CC is not so healthy for the IG as more of the their guys forfeited their lives.

WBB has nothing get up
TMGM piiles into everything the IG have left and either kill it through shooting or in CC.

But I did grab a couple pics just before the last few IG died.

Thus the battle end in a Glorious Massacre of the IG at the hands of The Mighty Green Machine.

I would like to thank Henry for the game, and appologize for being so uterly ruthless; but I was coming off a Draw that got under my skin as only 1 Terminator would not die and he contested my Flag Objective. Did I mention that I hate the Imperium. Anyway, I also want to thank GW Halifax for letting us use their facility.

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:31:59 AM by moc065 »
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Necrons vs IG @ 1750pts (KoN Round 3 game: TMGM vs Steel Legion)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 08:32:59 AM »
Wow, another great game. The IG are just such a pesky army, if their dice gods have been pacified the IG shooting can clear you out quick, so I think you got lucky.  ;)

Actually a good batrep and I like those pictures. Congrats on the win, too bad it was for the necron side.

Just kidding and thanks for the green cheese smiley, I love it, early Hannukkah present, and all that. Thanks.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Lord Alliben

• Ripper
  • jo. Ph34r my l33t skillz. B4x4^2!
    • Alliben's Homepage
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 09:25:13 AM »
Cool batrep and good pictures. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the win.

Offline prot

• Infinity Circuit | KoN Veteran
  • Prot ZA113
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 09:03:44 AM »
Wow.... a good win vs. a tough army. The Steel Legion look good too!

I would have thought fire saturation would have been your undoing, but it looks like he was deployed rather high for IG. Good win, good fight. It looks like those spyders just really bait people a lot. I can see why you use so many in that list. ;)

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 01:16:29 PM »
The Tomb Spiders, El-Deceivio are a bit of two edged sword.

If an opponent chooses to ignore them, then they will get to his line and work in unison to CC Punch a lot of stuff out. If he doesn't ignore them, then the Wraiths, D-Lord, etc will get to his lines and punch things out. It is difficult for many opponents to find that balance as not that many of hem are prepared for a CC Necron list.

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering