News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 343933 times)

Offline Archon Levitas

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Eldar Corsair Army
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2011, 04:11:43 AM »
Hey, i made an account on this site for two reasons: (i normally lurk at The Dark City)

1: to say this: you are an insperation! you singlehandedly made me start working on my eldar again - keep up the good work!

And 2: I am converting an Exodite Dragon autarch, but i need a cool looking torso, so when i saw the torso on your autarch (the very first one, with the sword.) i fell in love. Could you please tell me what it is!?

Offline Lachdonin

• Warlock
  • Education is no substitute for Intelligence.
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2011, 06:56:14 AM »
Going just on how the breastplate looks, i think its from a Dark Elf Dreadlord. Its very clearly elven in its proportions (IE the tapered waist) but it lacks the fluted wings that are a common motif in High Elf Armour.

Anyway, i love the work Cavalier. If i had any complaint, it would be that everyone (Or almost everyone) seems to ahve their arms thrown out wide... Its something i'd have to see the whole army for, but i'm afraid that enmasse it may make the army look like their prancing about yelling "Shoot at me!".
Remember, you can make yourself a Hero, but only others can make you a God.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2011, 04:42:13 PM »
@ Those- Thanks a lot, I've really tried to personalize my army and make it stand out. I'm not great with green stuff and fancy conversions so I've collected a lot of special bits and try to sprinkle them in to give my units a more wild corsair-style feel.

@ Archon Levitas- I'm very glad my army has gotten you excited to work on your eldar army. As for the torso on my Mk.1 Autarch, i got it from the champion from Dark Elf cold one rider's boxset which I HIGHLY recommend to anyone doing Exodites, or Corsairs. Those bits have been invaluable and the Cold Ones serve as a great looking and very cheap "Counts As" jetbike.

@ Lachdonin- Your comments really made me laugh. Luckily I looked at my army in my display case and the my Fire Dragons, Scorpions and 2 Avenger squads don't share the same pose as the rest of my guys. I know what you are saying though, and with the addition of my Seer Council its particularly pronounced. Gotta make sure the flailing pose doesn't spread throughout the rest of my proud ranks though! Good eye on your part, and a very funny post!

@ Everyone overall- Thanks for all the kind words. My 4x Wave Serpents are almost done, and I have to make sure I take some photos of my Fire Dragon squad and my White Avengers as soon as they're done so stay tuned there will be more to come soon....

Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Grimhope

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2011, 08:35:47 AM »
I hate to say this army is full of old school win colors that I'm in love, brings me back to that very old picture of an eldar on the old metal cold one vs the chaplain on bike! Loving the army, keep it up - on a titan, Soooo need to make some giant Brontosaurus or something equally titanic! :p

Offline Tim043

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2011, 09:53:30 AM »
Are you still looking for a colour scheme for your Shadow Spectres ? If so I suggest a very pale grey for the armour, with the same red as the rest of the army for the robes, or bone armour and red robes.

Other than that, wow, these are amazing ! I'm about to convert my own Storm Guardians too, so this has been very helpful thanks =]

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2011, 05:24:57 PM »
Hey gang. Thanks for the kind replies.

@Tim043- I like the grey suggestion and plan on implementing it. I think I'm going to grey armor, with reddish purple for the robes.

@Grimhope- Thanks for the compliments on my color scheme. Back in the 80's all my favorite heroes wore red (Hot Rod, Protoman, Marty McFly etc.), so that was my inspiration. As for that Exodite diorama, I know exactly what you are talking about. That was also a huge source of inspiration for me to do an Exodite/Corsair list. I also really want to do so giant dinosaurs as well. I've been eying some nice models at the hobby store so keep a look out, my Cold One riders are gonna have big brother to keep them company soon.

I've finished a bunch of squads that I never posted WIP pictures of but I just haven't gotten the time or the good lighting to post pictures, but I will soon. In the meantime here are some WIP pics of my Counts-As-Howling Banshees. ENJOY!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2011, 04:48:04 PM »
Hey gang more updates.

Very WIP (my cat broke the topside fins need to find replacements)

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2011, 05:23:52 PM »
Apart from the painting which is superb, I really dig the Banshee conversion.

What bits did you use? Are all of them from the DE range?
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Lachdonin

• Warlock
  • Education is no substitute for Intelligence.
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2011, 05:41:56 PM »
If i am not mistaken, they are Dire Avenger bodies with the targeters turned into Shuriken Pistols, Wytch legs, Hellion weapons and Scourge heads. Really amaxing idea there, i am afraid i will have to shamelessly steal it. Not sure what for yet, as i already ahve 20 Banshees, but i'll find something.
Remember, you can make yourself a Hero, but only others can make you a God.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2011, 09:09:03 AM »
Wow. You nailed it Lachdonin. Down to the last bit. And please steal away. Part of the reason I did the blog was to get people excited about Eldar conversions.

As an idea for what you could proxy them as, you could always do a count-as Corsair detatchment for your main army. Thats how mine started until I decided to dip&strip my entire Ulthwe army and convert the whole lot to Corsairs and Exodites.

Offline Katamari Damacy

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar Empire, Dwarfs
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2011, 04:00:30 PM »
The Banshee conversions are beyond awesome :o I applaud you! I especially like the one in the middle, stunningly dynamic pose! The only downside is the parts needed i guess... gotta go count the extra Scourge Heads.

The paint scheme makes those minis truly unique, looking forward to a see a couple of pics of the whole army when you are done  :)
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2011, 09:31:13 AM »
Thanks Katamari. I've got a few Wave Serpents left to paint, my Banshee squad, and my Exodite Outriders then I'll post a pic of my 2k list.

I just started painting my first banshee so look for WIP pix soon...

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2011, 02:38:00 PM »
Quite exceptional ! I love the Banshee kit bash counts as models. Your painting skills are most excellent as well. I'm probably going to steal the shoulder mounted gun idea for something...

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #73 on: February 1, 2012, 04:04:48 PM »
Back in the Saddle

Hey gang. Sorry I've been away so long, and thanks Partninja for the kind words I always appreciate your various posts across the forums.

Anyway in preparation for 6th edition I'm trying to get all my models painted (all 6k of them) but I have a huge chunk done already so its not as daunting as it may sound.

Anyway trying to finish my custom Banshees (who are going to be my retinue for my Y'riel proxy). So here are is my WIP:

Here are the new ones.

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
  • Armies: DE, CWE, Eldar Corsairs
« Reply #74 on: February 1, 2012, 04:52:00 PM »
My god they are stunning. Good to see youre back to updating :D

My Voidborn Eldar Corsairs

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:
Tau, SM, CSM, 3rd Ed DE (updating to 5th Ed)

Offline DarkstormUlthwe

« Reply #75 on: February 2, 2012, 03:49:16 AM »
Stunning indeed. Love the conversions, they are really dynamic. Paint job is nice and clean, though I'd suggest doing the blades in a different colour to give some more contrast, but they do look very good as they are.

Where did you get the helmets? I really like them.

2nd place - 40kO painting competition expert category April 2005
1st Place - 40kO converting competition beginner category June 2005

Offline darthplagis

• Time to crack out the bongos.
« Reply #76 on: February 3, 2012, 07:47:10 PM »
oohh really liking those banshee's i think im gonna have to copy that :)

really good work on the entire force, congrats.

oh and id use the rodimus/hotrod as a titan  8) remember he will light our darkest hour  ;D

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
  • Armies: DE, CWE, Eldar Corsairs
« Reply #77 on: February 4, 2012, 06:00:27 AM »
Stunning indeed. Love the conversions, they are really dynamic. Paint job is nice and clean, though I'd suggest doing the blades in a different colour to give some more contrast, but they do look very good as they are.

Where did you get the helmets? I really like them.

Wych legs
Dire Avenger torso
Hellion Hellglaives
Scourge helmet
Dire Avenger tracking camera with a shuriken catapult front stuck on.

Impressive ingenuity with the kitbashing and conversion.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2012, 06:31:59 AM by Khorne25 »

My Voidborn Eldar Corsairs

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:
Tau, SM, CSM, 3rd Ed DE (updating to 5th Ed)

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #78 on: February 5, 2012, 11:59:41 AM »
Hey gang. Here are my (lousy photos). I've finished my red base coating on 9/10 of these guys and done my basic wash-work. Once I've got the whole unit base coated down on the blades, the hair and gem stones and cleaned everything up I'll post some new photos (and once the weather clears up so I can get some decent lighting). Stay tuned I should have more photos by mid-week.

@ Khorne25-Thanks for all the nice posts. I've also enjoyed your Corsair threads in the Eldar boards. I pretty much agree with everything you've said so far.

@darthplagis- Yes Rodimus will light our darkest hour. And just a warning about making these models. Its really expensive. I probably spent about 100+ bucks on this unit. They look great but they are expensive and its hard to find the bits.

@DarkstormUlthwe- Thanks.  ;) And Khorne25 got it right, they are Scourge helmets. I love em. 

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #79 on: February 9, 2012, 08:11:47 AM »
Hey guys. Don't know what happened to the forums but I'm glad they are back. Finished putting all the basic colors on my Banshees. Started shading and highlighting the Exarch, so I'll post photos once I take them.