News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: is there a chapter that has extensive use of plasma weapons?  (Read 1560 times)

Offline HiveFleetEzekial

Re: is there a chapter that has extensive use of plasma weapons?
« Reply #20 on: August 6, 2006, 06:05:03 PM »
something to add..? (and this was still on the front page, 2/3 down, so no comments about threadomancy please.)

like that fact that DA are not "uber-shooty-plasma-death!" ?

SM suddenly nolonger getting them was a crock..    then they go and try to balance out the bits of our(DA) codex that they just dropped for 3rd edition, as a "quick fix" to shut up all the complainers.?   

being a vet player, it's sad to see how many people have "bout into" that cheap "fix".     

even just because we're the oldest chapter, does not mean we're going to go and ignore tactical flexibility (one of the things Johnson was famed for "master tactician") in favor of something old(just because gee-dub says we're only ones with access to it).   

and i REALLY hope they drop that from the new codex when it comes out. specialy now that other SM chapters can now take them in the same ways we were "given" in 3rd ed.   we've got so many other "things" to focus on, to have some crappy little, cheap fix take off like wildfire to the point that it's even overshadowed "the hunt" , as far as most players since 3rd seem to be concerned :\ 

OP.. any chapter can have just as much plasma weaponry as DA, pick whatever you want and run with it. (but DA are not "plasma freaks" :\ )
« Last Edit: August 6, 2006, 06:42:11 PM by HiveFleetEzekial »

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #21 on: August 6, 2006, 11:26:04 PM »
DA can still have more with plasma cannons on dreadnoughts.

and as for the first line on necromancy...its not so much the position of the thread but the last date posted which in this case was the 25th
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Ov3rki11

• Lock and Load
« Reply #22 on: August 7, 2006, 12:42:23 AM »
prehaps dark angels will be able to put plasma on their tanks in the 4th ed update...its an idea.
"If I were you, I would run now. But, Knowing you you will ponder your tactics until the battle itself swarms around you."
Bikes are good for riding... Oh and shooting things with their front mounted bolters. Because all bikes have those. Even my push bike.

Offline Major Arah

• Major
  • Don't think that arrows are outdated
« Reply #23 on: August 7, 2006, 02:23:42 PM »
prehaps dark angels will be able to put plasma on their tanks in the 4th ed update...its an idea.
hmm that sounds good as they already have plasma on the dreads, maybe they could have it as sponsons for the preds? Or maybe as a turret weapon like BA have the Baal Predator you could have the Caliban Predator!
Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet. - Dave Barry