News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Renegade guardsmen (pic heavy) *update 8th Feb.*  (Read 25521 times)

Offline Markay

• Lieutenant Colonel | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
Renegade guardsmen (pic heavy) *update 8th Feb.*
« on: September 4, 2007, 10:18:20 AM »
Thought I'd post some renegades I've been working on. I've almost finished building an infantry platoon and my commanders squad. There is much to do still so I'll keep updating.

I've been mostly using forgeworld torsos but I've also been looking to get some variety in so I've used some plastics and also some Escher models I had lying around that I'd never use otherwise. I like to think that its a pretty good way of representing the renegade list with its random leadership.

3 guys from my command unit, first guy is the champ, second an enforcer with power weapon and third is the master vox guy.

here are a couple of my heavy bolter conversions. The guy without the helmet is my commanders heavy bolter guy.

next are some bog standard renegades with autoguns.

sarge

This is how the Escher models are working.

basic champ

2 militiawomen

Finally this is how my heavy stubbers are going to look. I've tried to make them look like WW2 Vickers machine guns.

currently built (big picture)

Any thoughts and comments would be most appreciated, especially on the use of Eschers. I'm still considering dumping the idea.

« Last Edit: February 8, 2010, 04:09:34 PM by iMarkay »

Offline Flonky

• Don't be a snowflake.
Re: Renegade guardsmen (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: September 4, 2007, 10:36:32 AM »
Awesome conversions! I expecially like the vickers machine gun and beserker ogryns. All those models will look amazing when painted!

Offline neotetrabot

« Reply #2 on: September 4, 2007, 02:45:54 PM »
Those are great, I especially like the gas mask on the guy with the big picture towards the middle and the basic champ just underneath him.  Is this going to turn into an entire army?  I hope you have enough Escher models to go around if it is.

Offline Markay

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #3 on: September 4, 2007, 03:14:19 PM »
Those are great, I especially like the gas mask on the guy with the big picture towards the middle and the basic champ just underneath him.  Is this going to turn into an entire army?  I hope you have enough Escher models to go around if it is.

Thanks, yep its gonna be about 1500 points. Not 100% on the list yet but I'm building another infantry platoon, a russ, a veteran squad with a chimera, 3 autocannon sentinals, 2 fire support squads and a minefield. So not much  :P I'll add them as I do them. I bought a full gang of Eschers a while back so there will be 8 of them dotted about the army.

Offline web ghost

• Lookit me! I did something useful!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Beware of this and that" -Edward Gorey
« Reply #4 on: September 4, 2007, 04:36:55 PM »
Nice.  I like the one horn look.  very chaotic.

later WG

Offline sojung

• For the Motherland!
« Reply #5 on: September 4, 2007, 05:05:24 PM »
Lovely army.

Any idea what kind of renegade army this will be? Cult (i.e. dedicated to one god) or just Renegade pure and simple?

sj

Offline jlong05

« Reply #6 on: September 4, 2007, 05:19:36 PM »
Just curious. Do you have any shots of the militia women figures with the other 'standard' figures. I am just curious on how they looked mixed it. Are they obvious? Do they look out of scale? Its hard to tell with the individual shots.
Thanks

-jlong05
-AB40k Necron/Tau Maintainer

Offline Markay

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #7 on: September 7, 2007, 08:38:38 AM »
Any idea what kind of renegade army this will be? Cult (i.e. dedicated to one god) or just Renegade pure and simple?

I'm thinking they are going to be just standard renegades who have been persuaded to fight for chaos by politics, the taint eventually growing stronger and stronger until eventually they are begining to enjoy waving severed heads around and wearing chaos iconography. I'm thinking a little slaanesh though, just a small touch. There wont be any pink, running around wearing spikes, chains and gasmasks and sadistically killing will do it I think.

Just curious. Do you have any shots of the militia women figures with the other 'standard' figures. I am just curious on how they looked mixed it. Are they obvious? Do they look out of scale? Its hard to tell with the individual shots.

I think they work alright.

here are some updates. Been working on my banner squad, the idea is that I'll hide the banner guy and half the squad and expose the missile guy and a few meat shields. Then should the fight reach my lines I can jump out and flame somebody.

Scale shot of ogryn beserker, they are stupidly big.

And a heavy bolter team for my fire support team

Offline sojung

• For the Motherland!
« Reply #8 on: September 7, 2007, 09:03:23 AM »
Wow... those female minis really do fit in quite well.
It's an interesting balance between the steroid induced ogryns, and the usual rebels. Who are let's face tad bit 'heavier' than the ordinary Cadian guardsman.

Those forgeworld traitor guards always remind me of the Blood Pact - even though they're apparently quite different - still the masks and brutal look seems to deserve that crimson bloody colour scheme...

Anyways, that's just me talking. I'm not trying to influence you to paint a blood pact army!

sj

Offline Markay

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #9 on: September 7, 2007, 09:15:27 AM »
The guy with the banner is actually going to be a blood pact trooper now you mention it, all I have to do is sculpt a little bit of a mask onto his face plate. It would make sense, he would be elite enough to carry the banner and lead a squad and I am setting the force in the sabbat systems.

Anyways, that's just me talking. I'm not trying to influence you to paint a blood pact army!

Well 1 out of 72 men isn't bad going  :D

Offline skalnok

• i like harlequins they make me laugh
« Reply #10 on: September 7, 2007, 09:50:20 AM »
they look great hope to see more soon
98% of the weed smokers on this site bug the 2% non-smokers on this site about why they should.  Maybe the 98% should lighten up, go smoke one and leave us to our choices.

"OMG, did you see that, the big melty thingy melted bob, OMG it's walking this way.  OH DEAR GREATER GOOD, RUN!"

If I eat your brain, do I gain your talen

Offline Markay

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #11 on: September 7, 2007, 08:09:31 PM »
Just thought I'd quickly update with my test model for my scheme. I know its the conversions forum but I'm just giving an idea of what they will be like, its gonna be the only painting pic :]

Offline sojung

• For the Motherland!
« Reply #12 on: September 7, 2007, 09:15:43 PM »
Very kool, same comments as the I.G. thread.

sj

Offline neotetrabot

« Reply #13 on: September 8, 2007, 12:35:27 AM »
Can't wait to see the whole thing painted.  Get some pics of the tanks posted, I (and I'm sure others) want to see them.
« Last Edit: September 8, 2007, 12:36:52 AM by neotetrabot »

Offline Markay

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 06:53:18 PM »
been working on my Blood Pact guy waving the banner.

Heres a close up of the mask so far, hopefully hes looking a bit blood pact, I'm considering giving him some trophies around his waist. things like human hands, ears fingers.

Tanks will come when I've built my infantry, I'm not so far off yet and I've got the basic tank bodies built already.

Also background is here

Thanks for the comments so far  :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 07:51:11 PM by Markay »

Offline Meatshield

• Bloodpact+Civilians = Rivers of Blood
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 02:27:43 AM »
I SMELL BLOOD PACT!!!  ;D

Hooray! Someone else is making Blood Pact!

I like BP so much that I converted 10 of them for myself. I'll put some pictures of them up once I get hold of a good camera...

Anyhow great sculpting job. Where did you get the nose from? It looks like its from a Gobbo.
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

Offline Markay

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 09:19:18 AM »
Yep the nose is from a plastic goblin, glad you like it. Think I'm going to fit another one in somewhere. Probably the enforcer guy in the first picture at the top. I'd be interested to see your pics  :)

Edit

Just done my only infantry lascannon team, thank you Col.Gravis for the inspiration  ;D

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 02:50:51 PM by Markay »

Offline HellecticMojo

• I've got to stop talking
    • Deviantart
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 11:04:35 PM »
wow, I didn't expect an ogryn to be that large against a terminator.

I like the color scheme, it kind of gives mean iron warrior/ khorne feeling.

And the painted dude's finger, is he a zombie? man he has some scary fingers. So lovely, so creepy.

I hope you paint the guy with the gobbo nose with a red hue

happy hunting.
Charge with your Tau, shoot with your Orks, foot slog with your Dark Eldar, no resurrection orb for your Necron Lord.

Offline Markay

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 09:59:34 AM »
wow, I didn't expect an ogryn to be that large against a terminator.

I like the color scheme, it kind of gives mean iron warrior/ khorne feeling.

And the painted dude's finger, is he a zombie? man he has some scary fingers. So lovely, so creepy.

I hope you paint the guy with the gobbo nose with a red hue

happy hunting.

Thanks, glad you like the scheme. As for the guys fingers, I'm trying to make them look really really ill where their skin is out in the open due to chemicals in the air.

Offline kanatanssi

• What do you think of yourself? I'm a filthy vermin
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 11:41:32 AM »
Nice use of greenstuff. Always nice to see renegade ig being done!
Yokels, Vikki Lusaka Muller nippiest Kama's  joss on Peru's troop it (Eli talion Hy blotto Jae invoking Rosene Jae jingliest as pat) Damion rings, greater daemon Jae Mahdi Paulson spawner.