News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Killersquid's Battle Challenge Blog (pic heavy)  (Read 30521 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Killersquid's Battle Challenge Blog (pic heavy)
« Reply #160 on: March 9, 2011, 05:08:22 PM »
Currently, I am painting a necron onto my hard GW case, but afterwards I think I might just take the brush to the monolith again. Sadly, I got the model pre-built, so lighting it up just wont be possible. Next one, certainly.

Edit*

I more or less finished my case. A bit wonky in places, but good enough for a couple hours work.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2011, 04:43:07 PM »
Its real nice, I'd feel a bit self concious standing walking though a shopping centre with it though! :P

Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
My Gw is not in a mall, but I still get to stand like a goon on the subway. However, my geek cred gets a boost.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2011, 12:07:17 AM »
Been working on renovating my Grey Knights. Here is the first batch I finished.

Grey Knight Squad

Grey Knight Character. I like how he's walking down steps into the lava.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2011, 02:32:27 PM »
So, yeah. New project.

The death company are going to be used to create Sanguinary Priests.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 03:51:28 PM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Benis

• 77 Shades Of Decay | Lazerous Penguin | Death to the Emperor with a Pulse!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Getkilling
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2011, 03:57:16 PM »
Looking forward to see what sort of weird colours you decide for those models. Any laid out plans yet?

Offline Sheepz

• Marshal: The beatings will continue until discipline improves!
  • Ancient
  • Getting away with murder.
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2011, 04:08:33 PM »
Do it Killersquid. Do it now.

And I second Benis, if you do quartered GK, you can't do golden Sanguinary Guard. Do em black, I say. Nice and grim.

• Ancient
« Reply #167 on: December 2, 2011, 12:17:19 PM »
I actually was thinking about doing them gold, but using washes and no actual gold paint and then using a bright blue for a spot colour. I can think about other colours though...I could do them a white-bone colour. I don't want to do them black though. I like armies with bright colours. All my current armies are rather..um...vibran t.

Edit

Started painting them. I'm going the boring route for once. No metallic paints though.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2011, 02:00:11 AM »
I have been posting progress in the winter painting challenge, but here is where I stand now.

Nothing is fully finished yet. Second priest and Sanguinor still have a while to go. However, I really like the look of them so far.

Squad 1

Squad 2

Squad 3

Dante

Priest 1

Priest 2

Sanguinor

Whole thing
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Benis

• 77 Shades Of Decay | Lazerous Penguin | Death to the Emperor with a Pulse!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Getkilling
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2011, 08:09:30 AM »
Very nice! Cool twist on the regular colour scheme.

Offline Rakuall

• Never bet against the house
  • Hombrew (Chapter/Legion/Swarm/Warband/etc.) FTW
« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2011, 10:45:46 AM »
I'll also throw in that I think they look great. They look kind of faded/washed out, giving the whole 'Dying Chapter' (BA are slowly dying out, right?) thing a very clear visual representation. Much cooler than any of GW's bright rainbow schemes for their GrimDark game, and so much more fitting.
"I don't believe in no win scenarios." -Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise - NCC 1701
"Why do you always bother me when I'm drinking?" -Max Milini
"That's a relatively open weave and I can still see your nipular area." -Chandler Bing

My brother, now deceased:
http://keegancrack.deviantart.com/

• Ancient
« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2011, 02:33:26 PM »
I'll also throw in that I think they look great. They look kind of faded/washed out, giving the whole 'Dying Chapter' (BA are slowly dying out, right?) thing a very clear visual representation. Much cooler than any of GW's bright rainbow schemes for their GrimDark game, and so much more fitting.

Yeah, I wanted to avoid using metallic paints. I like the almost stone-like look to them. The Blood Angels are a doomed chapter (at least currently). Glad you like 'em.

Very nice! Cool twist on the regular colour scheme.

Thank you!
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2011, 02:59:43 PM »
Shameless posted from the winter Challenge thread. Army 'bout done.

Basically finished my challenge.

The Sanguinor

Dante

Squads

Priests

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2012, 03:07:32 AM »
Because my Blood Angels are finished and that my chaos space marines are my only other army currently in the same country as me, I feel they need a bit sprucing up. Currently, they are of the "two meltagun in rhinos" approach, but I think that's a bit boring at this stage. I've decided to go back to the main thing which I truly and unequivocally love about the chaos spacemarine codex. Chaos Spawn.

Basically, I am going to go for an army which is all Toughness five (or tanks). I don't imagine to get the army finished until the summer (as a lot of my spawn are not with me), but I can work away at converting up more. I don't really want to spend a lot of money, so I might end up juts buying bags of bases and greenstuff and maybe one or two spawn kits as bits and then go buck-wild on my chaos space marine troopers.

My ideas for lists as it stands are as follows. Most likely it'll change. I'll work on the plague marines first.

1000pts

Deamon prince - 130
-wings

Deamon prince - 130
-wings

Plauge marines-170
X5 marines.
X2 melta guns
Rhino

Plauge marines-170
X5 marines.
X2 melta guns
Rhino

Chaos spawn
X3-120
X3-120
X2-80
X2-80

1500pt

Deamon prince - 130
-wings

Deamon prince - 130
-wings

Plauge marines-170
X5 marines.
X2 melta guns
Rhino

Plauge marines-170
X5 marines.
X2 melta guns
Rhino

Chaos spawn
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120

Dreadnought-140
-Extra armour
-Twin lascannon

Deamon prince - 160
-wings
-gift of chaos

Deamon prince - 160
-wings
-gift of chaos

Plauge marines-170
X5 marines.
X2 melta guns
Rhino

Plauge marines-170
X5 marines.
X2 melta guns
Rhino

Plauge marines-170
X5 marines.
X2 melta guns
Rhino

Chaos spawn
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120

Dreadnought-140
-Extra armour
-Twin lascannon

Predator-100
-Autocannon
-Heavy bolter sponsons

Predator-100
-Autocannon
-Heavy bolter sponsons

2000pr Crazy spawn army

Deamon prince - 130
-wings

Deamon prince - 130
-wings

Plauge marines-170
X5 marines.
X2 melta guns
Rhino

Plauge marines-170
X5 marines.
X2 melta guns
Rhino

Spawn
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120
X3-120

Obliterator 150pts
X2
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
Re: Killersquid's Battle Challenge Blog (Throne of Skulls Prep)
« Reply #174 on: March 2, 2012, 03:36:32 PM »
Getting ready for the Firenze Throne of Skulls coming up in a few weeks. I made my Blood Angels army some objective markers by painting some 40mm bases. I wanted non-modeled bases, as my whole army for traveling needs to fit into a cardboard box I got a forge world order in.

Here they are. I am unable to photograph them without them looking utterly horrid at the moment, so you're all going to have to deal with that.

As an aside, I started painting a Zoanthrope, but the lighting at the moment is terrible (need daylight) so maybe I'll put up a picture of that later, but it's heavily WIP.

Next thing I need to go is build a display board...Maybe I can turn the lid of the Cardboard box into one....Go-go Gadget cardboard box! Also on the to do list. Find out where the event is taking place, what time and to translate the event guide! Huzzah!
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria