News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Getting back into 40k after a break (2000pts)  (Read 456 times)

Offline Mudpuppet

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Getting back into 40k after a break (2000pts)
« on: June 19, 2013, 07:03:32 AM »
Hey chaps and, possibly, chapettes,

Been away from the game for a year or so. Wanted some oppinions on my first lists after getting my claws into the new codex.

HQ

Farseer: RoWit, Singing Spear, Jetbike

Illic Nightspear

Seer Council (7): 7 x Singing Spears, 7 x Jetbikes

550pts

Troops

6 x Windrider Guardians: 2 x Shuri Cans

7 x Pathfinders

651pts

Fast Attack

Crimson Hunter

Crimson Hunter

320 pts

Heavy Support

3 x War Walkers: Scatter Laser & Starcannon

Warp Hunter: Spirit Stones

Warp Hunter: Spirit Stones

480pts

Total

2001pts

Looking for some good advice on what looks good, what looks bad etc. Basically, jetbikes are for killing light infantry, shredding av10/11 and capping points, fairly obvious. The Pathfinders are for sitting on a home objective and sniping out heavy weapons and so on from squads, or taking pot shots at weapon crews blah blah you know wehat they are good at.

The farseer and seer council zoom around chucking spears at heavier tanks and possibly doing a little countercharging, kinda gotta luck out and get fortune for the farseer.

Now, the crimson hunters, i kinda wanna include them, but im not sure how well they will do, obviously they are for killing flyers and shooting up some heavier tanks on the ground with the nice str 8 lance shots etc. Been thinking that either warp spiders or Hornets with pulse lasers and holo-fields may be better, but not sure, not sure at all about the fast attack section.

Loving the changes to war walkers and laser weapons, scatter lasers and starcannons just seem such a synergistic combo now, yum. Now warp hunters, im not sure if they have changed but as far as i could find out they are still using the rules from IA:11, which means their version of the d-cannon is a bit of a monster still. If thats true then these guys with spirit stones to keep them firing seem wonderfull still.

Lemme know thought feelings experiences etc, i love tweaking lists so tell me what you think.

Cheers,

Mud
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:04:46 AM by Mudpuppet »

Offline Narse

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Getting back into 40k after a break (2000pts)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 04:19:21 PM »
I don't like Illic Nightspear.  For the points you could take an Autarch which will help your Crimson hunter's arrive after enemy air has.  The Autarch on a bike will help provide some LD, and power weapons for one of the bikes squads.  By being able to bring your flyer on after their flyers it will help you maximize their effectiveness.  Any enemy flyer will take down Crimson Hunters really easily, so babying them seems prudent.
Tournament Record with new Eldar
14-2-2, with 2 first place finishes, and a 2nd in a GT

Tournament Record with Old Eldar
6-2