News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Grizzly's Xenos, Mechs and Pointy ears !  (Read 30208 times)

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
Re: The grizzly's Eldar, Arvandor Craftworld,
« Reply #60 on: July 7, 2015, 09:58:35 AM »
What is it you don't like about the spyder? Is it just the blue that's not looking good to you? Is it something else?
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #61 on: July 7, 2015, 10:28:13 AM »
@Mr.Peanuts : Thank you very much :D the falcon's also my favorite so far ^^

@Vonny : Huu i would say the color seems totally off, compared to the rest of my army :/  I don't feel it's good, the blue would be better on the fire dragon i think (not full blue btw). To me the blue was going to be my "warp color" but it really doesn't fit. Perhaps i should try them with purple, ( darker than the banshee thought ) or yellow perhaps, i don't know anymore ><
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
« Reply #62 on: July 7, 2015, 12:56:03 PM »
how about grey?

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #63 on: July 7, 2015, 01:39:41 PM »
Nice conversion work on the crimson hunter! What are you going to use for a pulse laser?

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #64 on: July 7, 2015, 05:25:41 PM »
That's not a conversion Rx8Speed  sorry to disappoint. It's straight out model. But indeed i need to find something for the pulse lazer.

@vonny i here you vonny. I thought that aswell. I lack grey choice in my paint that might be why i did not venture furher onto that path. What so you think would be best then a light grey or a dark grey? I would rather go light grey i think. I have celestia grey in here, it should do the job quite nice. With some shadow with nul oil it could be great i will give it a try.

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
« Reply #65 on: July 7, 2015, 05:49:47 PM »
I did think light grey too. Would be able to work well with the red too.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #66 on: July 7, 2015, 09:32:06 PM »
Nice work as always Grizz. I'm really liking what I'm seeing. I'd go with Vonny's suugestion as well... if I ever get a chance to do some real Warp Spiders I'm going with a ghostly celstra grey Spiders as well. The descripiton in the 2nd ed. Eldar dex of the tiny wraith spiders crawling about the Infinity Circuit always impressed upon me a more ghostly pallet for them. The bright red color scheme, classic as it is, never made sense to me. I'd go with Vonny's suggestion all the way!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #67 on: September 7, 2015, 09:54:53 AM »
Wait is that finally an update for the Grizzly's eldar?  yes it is and it's small but packed !

Let me tell you i've done a lot of game during this vacation i come back with a 4 win and  1 lost game. 4 win being over 2000 pt and the lost being on a 1250 game, i'm going to try to make short be efficient battle report for you guy's.

here are some preview of the game picture :

Next is I haven't plainted much for a long time and i just rescently got back to it so you will have some updated for it.

For now here is what i have done new ^^

I also bought a few dude to had to my collection so expect even more painting :D

Oh and one more thing regarding the painting, i decided to go for some really really fast painting now and to come back later for the retouche later on, i really want to have the full army on the same page for color. Therefore don't expect massive apint skill for a long time

I have a question regarding modeling thought, I intend to magnetise the wraithlord, because that guy is sure the be switch around with weapon quite a few times, therefore i would like to ask you guy's do you know a way to take out the glue and paint without destroying the plastic kit?
« Last Edit: September 7, 2015, 10:08:37 AM by Grizzlykin »

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #68 on: September 7, 2015, 10:23:28 AM »
I've found Simple Green dissolves a lot of plastic glues I've used in the past. Even models I've built over twenty years ago came apart after soaking them in an pure strength solution for a few days up to a week.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2015, 10:51:08 AM by dog_of_war »

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #69 on: September 7, 2015, 10:27:58 AM »
And the plastic takes no dammage ? and where can i find that btw ><

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #70 on: September 7, 2015, 11:28:37 AM »
Save to use on metal, plastic, and resins. Strips paint very well. In Canada I get it at Home Depot, but any hardware store should carry it.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2015, 05:05:48 PM by dog_of_war »

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #71 on: September 7, 2015, 12:41:55 PM »
is it the super green cleaner or the super green laundry things, i'm in france i don't belive it's imported, so i think i will have to try out some things.

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #72 on: September 7, 2015, 05:20:36 PM »
Bummer because this stuff is worth its weight in gold.

Buy Simple Green - Simple Green® Ready-To-Use All-Purpose Cleaner

Not sure if they ship to France, but even with a 32oz bottle I striped the paint and glue from about 2000 points worth of orks that were more than twenty years old. If they do ship, the shipping costs should be well worth the cost.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #73 on: September 7, 2015, 05:34:24 PM »
Thank you about that, i have a wraith knight waiting to be magnetised and to achieve that it must first be broken to pieces.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #74 on: September 7, 2015, 05:47:28 PM »
Hey there Grizz looking good! Those Vypers look excellent. Your paint scheme looks awesome on the Eldar vehicles. The Falcon should look nice alongside those Vypers. Congrats on the wins, always nice to add a few to your record.

Yes I vouch for Simple Green as well. I've used it on EVERYTHING including Forgeworld. I've heard of "Purple Power" in Europe as well but don't quote me on that. If you can get Simple Green even off of Amazon or Ebay I'd highly recommend it. I've left stuff in there for years and its perfectly fine.

Anyway keep it up man and keep painting its so rewarding when you get your force tabletop ready.

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
« Reply #75 on: September 9, 2015, 12:16:17 PM »
nice to see those battle pictures. Lots of grey plastic still, but that happens.

Also very nice to see some more xenos armies there. Nids, orks, eldar and Blood Angels isn't a bad score at all!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2015, 04:00:30 PM »
Thanks as always for your comments, and looking forward to some updates to your own projects!

Now you've done it !  so there you go small bat report :  2000 pts games vs ork.

Let's start, my friend was playing a pretty uncommon ork list because most of his things was coming out from various blackreach box bought on the internet,

He was having something like a stompa (is that things called a stompa?), a mek with shokatagun (i believe it was that or the things that throw snotling at the enmey throught the warp basicly), i belive it was  5 squad of 20 boys with few upgrade i don't remember, and 3 squad of 6 nobs.

I was playing a weird list of mine, like always I would say, even if now it's starting to get somewhere.
1 autarch with warps jump, scorpionsword and mandiblaster, 1 farseer with singing spear and stone. For the troop i had two guardian squad, with bright lance I believe, joined buy a warlock in each squad, for fast attack i had a sqaud of 6 hawks and a crimson hunter ( exarch or not i can't remember), for heavy suppport i had a fire prism and a falcon with scatter lazer, shurican and holofield for both, had a wraithlord dual bright lance +sword. I had an avatar as lord of war and warlord. I also had a aspect host formation with 2 warp spyder squad with twinlinked death spinneron exarch, and one squad of 2 reaper and exarch with tempest launcher.

deployment

The table was rather small in so we had to ake a bit a of Cranked deployment i would say.
he had deployment so he did deploy first, as shwn in the picture above, I deployed accordingly to this on the other side trying to utilise cover save for the farseer + reaper he had joined. the tank where in the midle to try survive the bigg stompa and i was trying to have them not too clost to each other to avoid getting all of them out in one big blast of the big dude. I placed my avatar facing the stompa and with the wraithlord as support i was hoping he could do somthing aobut that big ass walker. Fun fact i stole the initiative, he actually is the borther of the blood angels player i often play, an i stole the initiative in 3 out of 4 games i played versus the either of them ><.

Eldar turn one, the basic is move everything forward i don't like hugging the back field so there was no way i wouldn't do this. i move my avatar up to hug terrain aswell. My reaper and various tank put a huge dent in the his troop downing one of his troops enought for a leader ship test, wich he fails and they run of the table (well technicly they ran of during his turn but the ending is the same). out of this a few hull point on his big dude, one i believe. Ah and things to note durning the psychic phase i try to cast the apoc blast of the farseer on his troops wich would have been huge but even with the use of 6 dice and the stone i don't cast it... that was a huge annoyement for me as i could have basicly wipe half his army in one turn.

end of turn one for eldar

Ork turn one, well nothing much to note few guardians died, few leader ship test where done and succeded. Ah no i forgot to mention THE beslubberING WIPE of my farseer and reaper by the stompa in one and only damn shot ! We had a good laught with this btw even if i was like completly destroyed by it. and his mek completly wifed wich brought more laught as it seems this dude always either scatter miles and have hgt strenght or don't scatter and have a 3- strenght ><, ok vs eldar it's still dealling dammage but seriouly concidering it's 2d6 str it's a shame.

He charged my avatar with his big dude, and i delt more dammage to him than he did, i saved all the wound he did until the pour 2 stomp wound got throught, while I did 3 or 4 hp of dammage while forgetting i had extra dice for penetration.

Damn i posted that without finishing >< well the end to follow twomorrow then ><
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 04:04:39 PM by Grizzlykin »

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #77 on: August 1, 2017, 11:12:15 AM »
Hello hello hello hello hello hello helloooooooooooo everyone!

It certainly been a while since I last posted anything in the forum and even longer in this blog. Well this might be concidered necromanci but I do intent to revitalise this thread and get back to you with some juicy painting... ... ... ...  Well, IF the weather allows it! I'm living in the south of France and righ know the average hotness of the Day is rougly 30degree celcius, wich is not a healthy tempeture for painting.

That said I hereby here in exclusivity (not for cav though hé already knew it :P) announce that I AM BACK! No more calm, no more dead eldar post, the tornado incarnated, the storm of the forum, the spammer hiding it behind somewhat correct question, the one and only Grizzlykin is back!

Oh and for those wondering why I was MIA for 2 years I'm gonna say it was a healthy, or not so much, coktail of college diploma and video games. Btw I'm a 3d animator so if anyone is intrested In my gradution short film, I will had that in the next post.

The Grizzly OUT! 8)

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #78 on: August 1, 2017, 11:33:00 AM »
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN. So glad to see you back on the forums bud. Been waaaaaay to quiet without you. Can't wait to see what you are gonna cook up next. And yes! Send me a link to your film project I cant wait to see it. And again.... ALL HAIL THE TORNADO

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #79 on: August 1, 2017, 12:46:38 PM »
the one and only Grizzlykin is back!

Holy moly you took the words out of my mouth Grizzlykin.

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member. Welcome back Grizzlykin.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!