News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: csm vs tau  (Read 773 times)

Offline 32234356444

• Spammer: Forum stutter
csm vs tau
« on: May 29, 2005, 02:03:11 PM »
hello im new to 40k like 5 days new and i was wondering if u have any tips for fighting tau against csm

Offline The_Outcast

• Infinity Circuit
  • I am the only one who left willingly.
Re: csm vs tau
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 03:30:34 PM »
Use rail guns to take out demon prices as one hit instakilled. Crisis teams with plasma Rifles and missile pods. Lots of fire warriors to kill SM. Aviod HTH with them even with kroot only as a lat resort use kroot to assualt them if at all.

The_Outcast

Offline Siege_TF

• Lazerous Penguin
  • *Slurp* I mean... *Sip*
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 02:57:07 PM »
CSM tend to have very few models on the table, you can take them out with a balanced army as long as you focous on one squad of CSM at a time with your own troops, and take out the defiler (because there WILL be a defiler) with a Hammerhead - it's the only thing that can stand up to return fire from that multi-legged menace should your shot fail.
Onager 
/ˈänəjər
/Noun
An animal of a race of the Asian wild ass (Equus hemionus onager) native to northern Iran.

In other words GW are calling Tau players wild asses for wanting a melee suit option.

Offline Lanfeix

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 03:27:43 PM »
CSM tend to have very few models on the table

what are you on about all the chaos tatical for tau says take many unit as posible, their are 5 people who play unit csm army in my area. thought i would like to he a good way of killing them thought which isnt fishy
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 08:24:02 PM by lanfex »

If YOU want to take part in the 40konline Tournament then just click on this banner

Offline Lanfeix

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 08:39:55 PM »
right i found it

it all about positionall rapid fire for  its possible to reduce a csm unit to nothing and then watch it flee or be pinned

to do this you have to kill the champion and bring them below half strenght to have a chance

using the weapon range position so you can shot so that the champion is most likely to be removed read the BBB page 22 (note a rapid fire weapon has variable range) then use the pining tests and moral to cause them to break or be stuck because you can bring their leadership down to 8. plus you never have to get into combat if you set up 30 inches away. the models in rapid fire range are removed so they cant assult you i have done similar with kroot stooping them for assaulting me because of 1 cm distance all way measure your distances

chose any units for this and bring some tank busters thought deal with havocs could be hard any ideas

If YOU want to take part in the 40konline Tournament then just click on this banner