News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What's my stuff worth... for people who don't know  (Read 70566 times)

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: What's my stuff worth... for people who don't know
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2005, 09:19:47 AM »
This is trickier, since they are not stock-models, but I have seen some get a few dollars on ebay. If you keep them together as a single lot you wiill also get more money for them than through splitting them up. I would guess that you can get $50-100 for them without much difficulty.
As for teh GD-models it actually varies depending on the model. I have seen some get only $1 while others get $100 on their own.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2005, 09:22:54 AM »
This is trickier, since they are not stock-models, but I have seen some get a few dollars on ebay. If you keep them together as a single lot you wiill also get more money for them than through splitting them up. I would guess that you can get $50-100 for them without much difficulty.

wow, thats quite a lot. i was thinking of painting them up in the standard adeptus mechanicus scheme, to my highest standard of course, and then try selling them. they should fetch more because im no shabby painter if i dont mind saying so myself. cool  8)

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2005, 09:26:54 AM »
Good luck with it. Just make sure you don't split them up and I am sure you can get quite a bit of money off them in the end.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2005, 09:28:23 AM »
ok, i think theyll look pretty nice as a squad set. but knowing me i'll finish painting them and not bear to part with them!!!

Offline GladeRider

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2005, 12:23:34 PM »
Ok 20 OOP Leopolds Leopard Company, non painted but assembledm along with the new Limited editon WE standard bearer?

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2005, 02:29:47 AM »
The Leopards are not fetching a lot currently, I have seen 20 go for as long as $5, but you might get more. I would aim for $20 or something. Honestly, hold on to them until you see someone looking for them specifically.
The new WE Limited Bearer? Not a lot of money at all. There are loads of them about, and everyone who wants one has bought the armydeal anyway. However, in a year or something it might be worth a bit more, unless GW puts it up for bitorder like they have some of the other "limited editions"

Offline GladeRider

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2005, 09:12:10 AM »
i sold Leopolds yesterday(chill i have another unit of 20). I got 40 Dollars american For them.

And i guess if i wanted to sell my limited editon banner, i schould wait later or have sold it on ebay when they were gettin 30 bucks for it, oh well thanks rasmus.

Offline Ick Nay Bob

• Mess with the best...Die like the rest!
SKULZ Iwo Jima Diorama
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2005, 06:44:50 AM »
Anyone know how much the limited edition Iwo Jima Space Marine Diorama available through the SKULZ point system is worth?
Mess with the best...die like the rest.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2005, 01:11:55 PM »
Can't recall ever seeing one of those sold anywhere, so I could not even guess. How much did the skullz sell for a while back? You can check that and then extrapolate the price, possibly.

Offline Ick Nay Bob

• Mess with the best...Die like the rest!
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2005, 11:59:14 PM »
I've been searching to see how many SKULZ points it took to get the diorama and couldn't find anything.  I won it in a painting contest myself.  So if theres anyone out there that can shine some light on the subject, it'd be great.
Mess with the best...die like the rest.

Offline Khira'lyth

• Archon
  • I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #30 on: September 8, 2005, 10:51:04 AM »
Mmmm... new Tyranids are so tasty... so much, in fact, that if I could sell off my army, I'd probably start up with some newer models (and probably a new paint scheme, just because).

I like to think I'm a pretty good painter - on a lot of the bigger models I spent some time with inks and highlighting.  The smaller stuff is a pretty basic paint job, but it's very clean.  I've also put Hive Markings on most models (it's in progress for the rest) to get away from the two-tone skin-and-chitin scheme a bit, and just to add some more detail. 

So, here's the list.  All 3rd ed unless noted otherwise.

2 2nd ed Hive Tyrants armed with VC (extra bitz available)
 Tyrant, Scything Talons & VC
 Tyrant, 2x ScyTals + "wings" (homemade organic jump pack conversion - I've gotten some nice compliments on it)
3 Tyrant Guard (one not painted)

3 Lictors (one different color scheme)

10 Warriors - 1 2nd ed w/VC, 3 basecoated

30 Genestealers
 12 fully painted
 10 basecoated
 8 painted as generic genestealers (back before codex came out - blue and pinkish)

48 spinegaunts, about 18 in various stages of painting/assembly
48 hormagaunts
7 ripper bases, + 3-5 unassembled/painted (3 of the 7 are 2nd ed)

32 gargoyles, 16 in progress, but are table-top standard

3 Raveners

3 Zoanthropes (2 2nd ed)

3 Biovores (1 2nd ed) - standard mines from blisters, + 2 blisters of old spore mines (considered frag now)

2nd ed Carnifex (original setup)

A rather large army - in 3rd I could get it up around 4000 points... but I'm not sure what it would hit with the new codex.  Any idea what it would be worth?

Pog

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #31 on: September 9, 2005, 02:23:48 AM »
This falls under the 95%. You can get this or equivalents in the online store. Just tally it up there (I am not doing it for you) and then pull off 30-50% depending on how it is painted. That should be pretty close to what you can sell it for without much trouble. Good luck!

Offline mamasboy124

• Nids - 1000 points ++ Eldar - haven't started
    • myspace [please only add if you're a 40k player near me, no offense, but i dont accept random friend requests]
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2005, 08:52:31 AM »
this is basically the same question as the other tyranid player, but iwth a few differences......
what i have, is:
1 tyrant.
6 warriors
4 ripper bases.
23 termagaunts
1 ravener
1 zoanthrope
18 genestealers
one carnifex, actually its a converted old one eye model from 3rd edition, i really liked it some for reason...
and an INSANELY HUGE amount of random nid bitz....
all of this is very well assembled, plastics with plastic glue, metal wih superglue.(except the bits which arent assembled heh)
none of it is painted except for some of the termagaunts, and on those its a good paint job, though it is a simple one.
im going to sell it, and a lot of the stuff will go half retail, because you can still get it, but i did do some conversion work on the carnifex.
the converted Old One Eye, the tyrant(which you cannot buy third anymore, only some parts of him), the ravener, and the zoanthrope, all of which you cannot buy unless your local store happens to have some left......
all of these are assembled very well, but not painted(which i view as an advantage for a buyer so that he/she can choose his/her paint scheme)
if this is a bad reply, delete it, as far as i could tell, its going by the rules of this topic.
thanks in advance. it'll really help if you can let me know what those things(again, the zoanthrope,hive tyrant, and ravener, which you cannot buy anymore, and the old on eye, because i converted it a lot) will add up to.

-austin
Tyranids - 1150 pts
Necrons - coming next summer

JOIN UP. It's small now, but we're growing.

Space Marines - Dangerously Cheesey

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2005, 09:36:16 AM »
And you get the same reply.

This falls under the 95%. You can get this or equivalents in the online store. Just tally it up there (I am not doing it for you) and then pull off 30-50% depending on how it is painted. That should be pretty close to what you can sell it for without much trouble. Good luck!

Offline mamasboy124

• Nids - 1000 points ++ Eldar - haven't started
    • myspace [please only add if you're a 40k player near me, no offense, but i dont accept random friend requests]
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2005, 10:01:50 AM »
thanks a lot, i just wasnt quite sure.
Tyranids - 1150 pts
Necrons - coming next summer

JOIN UP. It's small now, but we're growing.

Space Marines - Dangerously Cheesey

Offline Taggerd

• Newest
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2005, 11:47:52 AM »
Whats an armor cast baneblade worth buying one soon so want to see if im getting a good deal buying it anyway no mater what but still whant to know its value

Offline Vic (the chick)

• Please, call me Vic.
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2005, 12:04:21 PM »
I have an OOP squat attack trike with multi melta.
Poorly painted.

I'm in Switzerland. IT is in Wales.....so I won't actually be selling it for a while. But I'd be very interested to know roughly what it's worth.
I don't want to see science used to discredit religion, because that will make people live LESS happily,
and I don't want to see religion used to discredit science, because that will further delay the delivery of my flying car.
Howard Taylor, 2005

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2005, 12:21:07 PM »
Whats an armor cast baneblade worth buying one soon so want to see if im getting a good deal buying it anyway no mater what but still whant to know its value
   I have seen it go for $50 and up to $300, but it is rare to go over $100 in most auctions.

I have an OOP squat attack trike with multi melta.
Poorly painted.
   Most land around $10-15 but I have seen it go for more but normally not over $20.

Offline Taggerd

• Newest
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2005, 04:57:26 PM »
so paying 75 is a safe middle ground good thanks for the help

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2005, 02:33:52 AM »
If you are looking to buy one then I can't really help you, as prices can soar depending on who is selling. I am just assessing what it might be worth.