News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bonesinger rules  (Read 9277 times)

Offline Aoitora

• Aspect Warrior
Bonesinger rules
« on: October 20, 2017, 10:57:11 PM »
Like many of us I'm excited at the chance of finally getting a bonesinger without paying massive amounts. This morning I logged on to the Australian GW site and in the description for the bonesinger

This is a metal kit in 2 components which makes a Bonesinger, armed with a psytronome shaper. Supplied with a booklet containing a datasheet with rules for fielding this model in games of Warhammer 40,000 and a 25mm Round base.

I thought perhaps this was just a copy/paste job gone wrong however none of the other Made to Order stuff mentions this. Also they appear to have given a name to the instrument he's holding which would reinforce there's actual rules for the mini.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Bonesinger rules
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 02:31:26 AM »
yeah before they announced it I saw one on ebay for over $100..  bet they are kicking themselves now lol.

I was never expecting to field it, so if there are rules it just a bonus :)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 06:11:52 AM »
This is an unexpected development.  I've never considered purchasing a Bonesinger, but if I van actually use one, I might be very tempted.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 03:39:48 PM »
The model came out as a promotional bonus model, but never made an appearance in the Eldar Codices previously, hence I am glad to know it will be coming as a ruled model in the this edition.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 06:41:21 PM »
I caved and ordered a Bonesinger and the Autarch.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 07:29:47 PM »
Rumours are bonesinger rules are not in codex.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 07:41:52 PM »
Might be right, even the leak info I heard doesn't mention it...  :(

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 07:45:56 PM »
Probably will have an ability to heal units.

Rumours are bonesinger rules are not in codex.

Makes sense, as they won't be selling it very long.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 08:34:59 PM »
I suspect they'll make the rules available online after release if it does infact receive special rules.

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 10:07:41 PM »
I suspect they'll make the rules available online after release if it does infact receive special rules.

I don't think so.

Whenever there are limited edition models, the rules only come with the model. This happened with the Imperial Space Marine, the sisters of battle character, slambo, grombadil etc. Rules come with the model, and that's that.

But, the rules will be posted online by someone immediately anyway, so it's not too big a deal.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 10:41:54 PM »
The Sly Marbo rules were for a 7th edition kit bash not a limited model remake I thought?

Sly Marbo: Rules for Warhammer 40,000 – Warhammer Community
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 10:43:14 PM by Partninja »

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 05:31:41 AM »
But, the rules will be posted online by someone immediately anyway, so it's not too big a deal.

It is a big deal in the sense that those doing so would be breaking copyright law.

I've taken a closer look at the model on GW's webstore and it's a bit less impressive than I had expected, although it's still a good model, so I'm going to hold off ordering it, for now.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Aoitora

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 06:15:15 AM »
Keep in mind Iri that you can only buy them until next weekend as they're made to order not returning full time. They might show up on ebay more often and for cheaper now but keep this in mind if you're on the fence.

• Ancient
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 07:03:10 AM »
The Sly Marbo rules were for a 7th edition kit bash not a limited model remake I thought?

Sly Marbo: Rules for Warhammer 40,000 – Warhammer Community

Slambo, no sly marbo. He's an AOS character.

I've taken a closer look at the model on GW's webstore and it's a bit less impressive than I had expected, although it's still a good model, so I'm going to hold off ordering it, for now.

It's not a new model either. It was a limited edition model for the 4th edition eldar codex.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Iluvhir Strafermeyer

• Ambassador of Craftworld Beaujl'blef
  • Armies: Eldar
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 11:18:16 AM »
When I realized it was going to be playable I caved and ordered one, too. :)
I'm guessing it'll be sort of like a Techmarine for the Eldar, but so long as it's useful I'll be happy.
Model looks great. Been playing since 3rd ed and Ive never seen the model. No idea it existed back in 4th ed, so this is truly a unique model in my books.
"Consider the battlefield: it is essentially a dawn in grim guise. It is a scenario in which darkness meets light and is annihilated by it.
Imagine that the enemy are the shadows lurking in the night - The arrival of our warhost is like the sun's light breaking the horizon. Let the Bladestorm expel the darkness."

Beaujl'blef Philosophy

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 03:52:31 PM »

It an old metal model, good for the time it was original sculpted but like alot of eldar stuff hasn't aged too badily.

I would grab it now, if you try and get it later you'll be paying  premium off ebay.

Offline kim

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 06:37:03 PM »
I sort of always wanted to collect the Psychers of the Eldar, and couldn't believe my Luck seeing this model up for sale now!  ;D
It don't matter if it's crap, I just want it!  :)

Offline Aoitora

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 08:32:44 PM »
Model looks great. Been playing since 3rd ed and Ive never seen the model. No idea it existed back in 4th ed, so this is truly a unique model in my books.

I believe it was only released at Games Day or some other event. It was never sold in shops it's why so many people are excited for it.

As for it looking a bit dated the only thing that stands out to me is the left hand looks a bit large which you could easily swap the DA exarch shimmershield hand or there's even a suitable one in the guardian kit. Whilst it would look better I think I'll leave it as is myself as even with this Made to Order it'll still be somewhat limited release.

Offline haunt

• Play and have fun.
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 09:24:54 PM »
The model was released around over 12 years ago, when metal was prevalent. I hope it isn't fail-cast and it's plastic, so all of you who ordered it. Please lemme know if it's fail-cast or plastic.

I already have 1 metal, just want more.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 09:38:48 PM »
No way it's plastic. It'll be failcast.