News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Challenge of 10 Souls, "Gloria Flax" Campaign  (Read 14608 times)

Offline phxren

• Ork Boy
Re: The Challenge of 10 Souls, "Gloria Flax" Campaign
« Reply #20 on: February 9, 2009, 03:53:42 PM »
Here is my colour scheme tested on a guardian.  What colours should I do the eyes?(I know the painting sucks...I painted over 2 or 3 coats...)

Wow he looks really ugly. :-[
Killing Necrons, Chaos and Daemons since December 2007
w/l/t
Orks: 2500 pts 4/8/1
Space Wolves: 2000 pts -/2/-
Salamanders: 2000 pts -/1/-
Dang I suck...

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
  • If all else fails, roll more dice!
« Reply #21 on: February 9, 2009, 06:17:59 PM »
Here is my colour scheme tested on a guardian.  What colours should I do the eyes?(I know the painting sucks...I painted over 2 or 3 coats...)
I'd paint the eyes a dark color to contrast with the white and blue.  He almost looks corroded or melted.  Is that 2 or 3 old coats?  Painting over too many old layers will never look good.  Detail is lost and old colors can bleed through. 

Batreps        Ork Models      Painting Blog

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
« Reply #22 on: February 9, 2009, 07:09:01 PM »
I want to know too if it is over old coats cause a little green bath and a toothbrush scrub they are fresh and new plus a little pine smelly but it fades way. 

Offline phxren

• Ork Boy
« Reply #23 on: February 9, 2009, 07:32:08 PM »
Yeah, the old coats of paint have been on it for over a year...  I tried nailpolish remover on space wolves before, but it was hard to get the crevesas(spl).    I rushed that guy cause I wanted to see if the scheme worked..
w/l/t
Dang I suck...

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
« Reply #24 on: February 9, 2009, 07:40:47 PM »
try to soak them into simple green for a day and then scrub them with a tooth brush and it willl remove it all.  Plus won't hurt the plastic. if you want to try that.

Offline phxren

• Ork Boy
« Reply #25 on: February 9, 2009, 08:07:04 PM »
I don't have simple green... I'll try to find some, but for now my guardians are my testers...
« Last Edit: February 9, 2009, 08:08:05 PM by phxren »
w/l/t
Dang I suck...

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
« Reply #26 on: February 9, 2009, 08:45:50 PM »
walmart and it's cheap or any auto motive heck anywhere that sells cleaning products

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 07:02:22 AM »
Waaagh Gonzaa Update 2:
"Dat's da one!"  Gonzaa grabbed a radar dish from the pile of gubbinz his boyz had brought in.  Da freakboyz puffed out their chests proudly.  "Ah course it needs fixin..." The big mek peered accusingly at a suspicious dent in the dish. 
"What's it good fer?" Grubstik blurted out curiously.  "Does it, eh, shoot anyfink?"
"Even better!"  Gonzaa exclaimed.  "Wiv dis an a few more boyz, I'm callin' da Waaagh!"
The boyz gasped in shock.  "But what about da warboss?"
"Da boss is dead, I'll be da new big boss!"  the Mek snarled.  "We'z gonna talk to da other boyz what lived after da crash and...help dem see who's in charge now."

Big Mek Gonzaa

Da Freak Boyz

EDIT: Trukk painted and dipped, I'll have some pictures up mondayish once it's cured.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 03:27:49 PM by Deathpepper »

Offline Powerslave

• "It's all part of the plan."
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 02:05:37 PM »
Vishnah's Update 1.1

At last my Space Marines Army has arrived. So, as I said previously, I will be jumping on the loyalist bandwagon as I originally intended. I will post some WIP pictures tomorrow evening (European Time). Since, it was my birthday on Tuesday, it was perfect timing for my army to arrive, hehe. I will be partying very hard though from friday to sunday (over 60 guests at my house) so I will not get much work done until next week.

This is exactly what came so far:

Elite
Dreadnought Heavy Flamer and Lascannon - Drop Pod - 180

Troops
Tactical Squad (10 strong) - flamer, missile launcher, power fist - Drop Pod - 230
Tactical Squad (10 strong) - flamer, missile launcher, power fist - Drop Pod - 230
Scouts (5 strong) - missile launcher - 85
Scouts (5 strong) - missile launcher - 85

I will surely get some meltas in there :)

Fast Attack
Vanguard Veterans (10 strong) - Relic Blade Sergeant - Jump Packs, 2 Power Fists, 2 Meltabombs - 400
Assault Squad (10 strong) - Power Fist / Meltabombs Sergeant - 2 flamers - 240

Transport
x2 Rhinos

I will be posting pictures of the assembled and unassembled stuff tomorrow as I said, plus I will post pictures of my Iron Warriors Berzerkers who are half-way done. My IWs Rhinos for my Berzerkers are also half-way done. So, tomorrow, I will just edit this post to squeeze in all the pictures.

During February, I will complete my IWs Berzerkers, the Rhinos and some squad from my new Raptors army.

EDIT: Bah, humbug, realized my camera is out of batteries and I can't take any pictures, and I have a massive party tonight, so I will go and buy the batteries tomorrow morning and post the pics up here. Also we have a buddy of mine joining our project since we are still not done with the first month and it's not too late to join. His name is DarthChaos, he is a great guy, and he is CHAOS :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:22:49 AM by Powerslave, aka Vishnah »
http://timeofending.blogspot.com/ - my blog
"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=186984.0 - Black Water (Battle for Calvinus Prime)
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=170815.0 - The March of Iron - My Fluff, My Story
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=171063.0 - My Guide to Iron Warriors

Offline Joinee Davy

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 03:00:30 PM »
After getting quite a nice bonus, i had quite a bit to spend so i have got quite a few of the knights comming together now!
Will take a while, still have lots of conversion work and painting to do, but they are geting there, and at least i can playtest my rules now!
I will need to add something to the weapons to bulk out the gun a bit more and need to add a shock lance, but they are about together now.

Think i did get a bit overboard with buying, but i'm a slow painter and i really wanted to get a playable army up and running.

The Colours (ignore the red and white panel on the painted one, i was just testing that so will go over it again later) will be red and probably yellow for them, although wardens are traditionally mostly white.

Here's the pics of them at this stage!

All together (Dreadnought and marine for scale):

First Paladin:

The other one

Baron:

Warden:

Sacristan in Drover Suit
You look lovely today, by the way.

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 04:18:16 PM »
Those are weird as beslubber, but pretty damn cool. I really really like them.

Reminds me of my plans for a Decepticon Defiler army *stares dreamily at the ceiling*

Offline Ishan

• Imperial Guard - Once you have it, you love it
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 01:28:59 AM »
Wow nice work everyone, i'm amazed at all the work that already done but here is my first post of the month for my IG.

The start:

Here is everything I have to start my IG army for now.

I have a newly bought battle force set, a box of cadian troops, a chimera, and that open box full of bitz are tons and I mean TONS of IG bitz that I got for very cheap because one of my friends didn't like IG so he went back to his DA so i'm happy with everything I have right now till the new IG codex comes out in a few months  ;D

The Work Zone:

Here is what my like "work station" looks like right now. Oh probably should mention all my pics were taken at night so if any of my pics are unfocused or blurry i'm sorry.

Its not the neatest place or the largest but hey you work with right you can get right?

The Progress:

Here is the pics of all most of my work so far.

Chimera:

Russ:

Hvy Weapon team:

The Troops:

As I'm sure most of you will notice for my guardsmen head i'm using the Pig Iron Production gas mask.

In the Above pic I will give the first person to tell me what is missing on theses guardsmen a cookie. (And yes I intentionally did this to my army for something might happen latter on to this army fluff wise)

Thats all I have for now, I'll try to post some more stuff but its been hard trying to put things together when work is working you like crazy.

Oh and here's a sneak peak of what is to come to my army some time in the new future.

Offline Fugitive

• Major, Best Painted Sentinel
  • Tuseday is soylent green day.
    • my portfolio
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 06:12:24 AM »
In the Above pic I will give the first person to tell me what is missing on theses guardsmen a cookie. (And yes I intentionally did this to my army for something might happen latter on to this army fluff wise)
They are missing their imperial eagles.  You traitor! Now give me my cookie you heretic. :) They are also missing their heads and arms but i doubt thats what you meant. :P

Out of curiosity. What are the robed legs for?

I survived the "CoC Crackdown".

Offline Greggor Sin, the Jolly

• Steampunk: Yeah, it's kind of like that
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 06:47:40 AM »
Also, the rifle is missing the tip.

Great work on all the projects, guys!  Keep it up!

Offline Ishan

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2009, 09:53:14 AM »
They are missing their imperial eagles.  You traitor! Now give me my cookie you heretic. :) They are also missing their heads and arms but i doubt thats what you meant. :P

Out of curiosity. What are the robed legs for?

Heres your cookie Fugitive

Traitors...Yes and no. At the current moment they are still fighting for the Imperium but there's alot of IG players around me so i'm making this army as a rebel force. I fight for neither Imperium nor Chaos but for their purpose.

Those robed legs are for my Inquisitor henchmens. I'm still debating between either a shooty inquisitor or anti-psyker build for my Inquisitor Lord.

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 10:05:41 AM »
You've got guts making an IG army this close to a new dex.  You might want to start with the inquisitorial units, since their dex won't be changing.   :D

Offline Ishan

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 12:07:11 PM »
You've got guts making an IG army this close to a new dex.  You might want to start with the inquisitorial units, since their dex won't be changing.   :D

Thanks,

I'm going to be saving my inquisitorial unit for latter till I decide to either go with the shooty or the null psyker build.

The only reason why i'm starting my IG so close to the new dex is because GW is not going to mess with the basic's of an IG army, Infantry Platoons and the humble leman russ.

Plus i've always wanted a rebel force to use against other IG players but depending on how the new dex is I might start another IG army that WILL fight for the Imperium. (Its either going to be a drop troop or stealth army if they make them enjoyable and interesting to play now that doctrines are gone.)

Offline DarthChaos

• Armies: CSM, Daemons, GK, Sisters, Necrons, Eldar, SM, IG
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2009, 01:38:56 AM »
Sorry for getting here late I have been a little occupied lately but I have been working on an army of mine in time line with the project.  I have been putting together 3 squads of Noise Marines out of the GW blisters and a champ. I built them with some bodies and legs I ordered and some left over heads shoulder pads and backpacks I had in my bitz as well as 3 blisters of EC noise weaponry. 

I put them together although it was not the easiest keeping the arms together with the body at the same time on a few of them.  Then I put down a primer of black.

I mixed a few colors from a paint set I have to make the purple and then went back over the guns and arms with black.

This is where I am stumped, since this is my first real attempt at painting I do not know where to go from here, I have precluded myself from doing any painting in the past since I have never attempted it and know very little about it.  I have a reddish color I think I might use to try to edge and highlight some of the armor with but I am not sure yet. Any suggestions/tips would be more than welcome!

I will be invading Harodius if it is still available.  This system is ideal for my Emperors Children and their pursuit of perfection.  So many different opponents will provide a great training ground to hone our skills and bring the noise.

"A man's greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs, to hear the weeping of those who cherished them, to take their horses between his knees and to press in his arms the most desirable of their women."

-- Ghengis Khan (c. 1200)

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2009, 08:06:55 AM »
A nice start there, Darth!

Any suggestions/tips would be more than welcome!
Here's some guides to painting emperor's children from Games Workshop and Tau Online.

Waaagh Gonzaa February Final Update:
The Evil Sunz Trukk Is finished!  It's one of the old Gorkamorka trukks, heavily altered with plasticard into more of a delivery truck looking vehicle. 

Here's the whole army as of February:

And a teaser.  Ooh, what just came in the mail?  Mwuahaha!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 09:00:52 AM by Deathpepper »

Offline phxren

• Ork Boy
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2009, 12:19:14 PM »
Wow all the armies are looking really nice.

Here's my falcon so far.
(the top is finished yet)

What can I do to make the white less bland.  I don't want to do too much though...  The stones will be a dark purple.
w/l/t
Dang I suck...