News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The grizzly's Eldar, Arvandor Craftworld,  (Read 9659 times)

Offline Grizzlykin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars
Re: The grizzly's Eldar, Arvandor Craftworld,
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2018, 12:49:44 PM »
Good evening ladies and gentleman, welcome to the Grizzly's talk show. It's the first installement in a long time and opfully one of many to come where the grizzly is trying to come back to life, trying to come back to the hobby.

Rescently there has been plenty of good thing hapening that might actually enable me to keep going and avoid having myself growing tired of the hobby in no time. The various happening being my job stabalising for a while, finding a club to play, finding people with beautyfully painted army lighting up my fighting spirit etc :D.

So as a short coming info here is a small uptade :D

Have some pictures aswell:

Here is something I started working on, because I told my best friend who never paint I would paint him a full genstealer squad, never regreted saygin something more than that >< IT TAKES FOREVER for me to evne get into the mood to do it so you can imagine my progress isn't really an exemple of speed.

Next is a picture of a game I played yesterday in the club I found, we didn't finish it. It was a mess of a play because we had planned to play 1v1 1500pts but it ended up being a 3v2 4500pts, and me being in the team of two because the other guy and myself where the only guy that had the model at hand to go up in points. The army were, imperial fist + custodes (god are those thing tanky) + nécrons (GOD are those thing deadly in shooting!) vs a flavor of space marine I can't recall + my self with my trusty eldars :D I can kinda give you the list if you are intrested but it was a game for the fun, therefore expect for the necron guy wich had a death bally kind of thing with the destroyers, it was mostly soft list. The highlight of the game was the nécron guy (him again) destroying a land raider, wich in the following explosion (we forgot to command point that dice), manageed to create a carnage of 41 wounds, across the various units around the explosion, we basicly did not roll lower than 4 for the mortal wound roll per units. It was a greatly entertaining game that's for sure.

Next up is what I'm currently working on. Well with the game just past and fresh from yesterday I decided to spray paint for a base color some things, to facilitate the application of my ever so hard to paint troll slayer orange :D. Oh a base coat of yellow is really good for my fire dragon as well so I gave them some spraying love too. The one not painted or survivor to the paintpocalypse, because I kinda ran out of paint. There is probably something I'm doing worng because the can only lasted me enought for the guy's in the pictures, granted I painted one by one, that's probably where the problem lies.

In the pipe that does not have a picture either is my avatar, I played him in the game yesterday, I have to say he really feels underwelming so far in V8, but it's probably due to a pour match up situation. Terminator captain with storm shield, basicly everything got saved before I could do any damage, and the said captain destroyed me in the following counter attack stripping 6 wounds of that 8 wounds model...

So yaeh I'm back everyone expect somethign things for me now since I expect to play game every so often roughly every week on saturday :D

See you later with some more painting update, the guy's are drying and I have some dish washing to do :D

Ba Bye

Grizzly out !
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Renegade Autarch
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2018, 02:17:09 PM »
Fantastic! Welcome back Grizz really missed seeing you around the forums my man. So good to hear you back in the hobby and enjoying yourself. 8th edition is great and has really brought a lot people back to the hobby. Glad you are one of them!

That game sounded crazy! 41 mortal wounds is insane! You'll probably never see it again, but you'll definitley remember that one for a long time.

Also spraying your Eldar yellow to do the orange is a great idea. You could probably even just do a wash or glaze over it (thinking Bloodletter Glaze) to make your life super easy. Should transform the model to a very orangey type color and you could highlight it with Averland Sunset for a quick easy paint job. Just a theory though!

Anyway great stuff Grizz so glad to see you back. Congrats on your job as well. Keep on posting brother and talk soon!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2018, 10:00:42 PM »
That's an awesome idea for a table layout, a DMZ between two cities so street skirmishs and open battlefield in one game, going to have to do that for a campaign!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2018, 10:33:23 PM »
Hooray Grizzly is back! Glad to see you on the boards again. You are a brave man for going orange. I love the colour, but I still have nightmares when I think about busting it out for anything.

I hear you on the genestealers too. I have about 2000 points of my brothers tyranids sitting in my basement unpainted that I just can't seem to get the proper motivation to paint. Maybe seeing you progress with yours will help give me the kick in the ass I need to start.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2018, 09:38:55 AM »
Great update Grizzlykin! Monster update in fact!

First off, I think you may be a little bit crazy to offer to paint 20 Genestealers! That's nuts!

Secondly, 41 mortal wounds for a tank blowing up? Holy cow! I hope that the bulk of those were to your enemy!

Thirdly, I'm loving the bravery of Orange Eldar. I wouldn't have the stones to try to pull that off, so I applaud you. As for the amount of spray paint...it does seem like a lot. I would have thought a can would have covered at least double, hopefully triple the number of models you have there. Hopefully the paint hasn't gone on too thick and obscured any detail.

Anyway man, it's great to have you back in the fold. Great work, I look forward to your next update!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2018, 01:22:47 PM »
I'll second the Bloodletter glaze idea. Have to be careful for pooling on the big flat panels of the Wave Serpent, but Bloodletter isn't a strong glaze so should be fine :)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Grizzlykin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2018, 06:52:37 PM »
Holy Isha such great support! Wasn't really expecting that with how long I have been away these last few month thanks guy's :D

OK so it's just a small answer type message didn't have time to paint since last update. So let's get to it.

@Cavalier :
Thanks my mate, a pleasure to be back aswell, getting back to it is also a way for me to regulate my sleep schedule, yeah weird reason I know but what ever ^^
Well thanks for the tips about the orange I shall give it a try, if the result fit my taste it might become my main color theme, But the main purpose so far had just been to have a yellow base under my troll slayer rather than a black base which needed some rat skin flesh on top before being even close to remotely approachable with troll slayer, I will see how things develops and of course will keep you all up to date. That said said, that color themes you suggested was planed for my fire dragon actually so I will see how it goes.

@Magenb
Yeah the table was really cool to play on, you don't see it in the pictures, but! There was even a games workshop shop on the table. Just one of the shop with the games workshop sticker above the door but it was great fun to see and a blast to play on (So many sniper nest gotta love those rangers! ><).

@Dog_of_war
Thanks for the warm welcome back, if you could get to paint yours it would be great, it would be great motivation for me aswell. Let's suffer together. Not the best pick up line, I know. And regarding the orange now that I'm head and shoulder in it it's kinda hard to get out of :P Well, I can't say I don't love the final result thought.

@Looshkin
Hey man it as been a while great to see you digging this update :). Regarding the genestealer I did not offer to paint them I took them and said, "I'm gonna paint them". We did that with his brother, I had the choice between 20 Gen or 30 ork... And I already had the right colors for the nids sooo... Now I regret it but since I'm getting back in the hobby it should be great fun to paint one in the middle of my eldars, I might just paint a few tau fire warrior in between as I have decided that after the eldars my next army is going to be tau.
For the mortal wounds... Weeeeeeeeeell nope. Most of those where ours, the enemy score a 3 on the lone unit that got hit, every thing else was on our guys, I rolled four on a squad of ranger and my ally rolled only 5s and 6s... The flyer left with only one wound, the centurions, gone, the apoticary, two of them, gone. It was a butcher's place. Nothing was left, nearly nothing. We were joking with guys about my lone ranger turning around being like "Guys?... What the... Guys, weren't there supposed to be a tank here, wirh friendlys? What the... Happened ? Guys where are you? What is going on? “. Best of all? That lone ranger actually held moral and kept on keeping the objective. Worst of all? The opponent score a 6 for the d3 roll for victory points for destroying at least 3 units in the shooting phase... That won them the game. (stopped in turn two I agree but still they won at that time).
Regarding the paint, it actually is really thin. Nearly not covering some of the guy's. I think the problem came from two things. 1, I sprayed every model one by one by holding them with a gloves by the base. 2 I painted by my window on the first floor on a slightly windy day. So most of the paint was going in the wind rather than on the mini I think. Gotta think of a better setup><.
Glad you are still digging the orange it's a color I really appreciate once it's painted but it's truly a pain to paint ahaha.
I am probably looking forward to the next update as much as you do :D and I'm glad to be back in the fold aswell :)

@Ynneadwraith
Well I shall test it out on smaller unit for now and if it goes well maybe on the serpent we will see, I shall be carefull, worst come to worst I can always repaint over the extra color with some averland sunset.

Well guy's thanks again for the warm welcome back :D Look forward for what's next. And let's have some Eldary fun together :D
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member