News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Here's a battle report  (Read 1635 times)

Offline PowerFist4u

• Big guns never tire.
Here's a battle report
« on: April 8, 2002, 05:51:25 PM »
Cleanse mission: 650 pts (I asked for more but he was being a pansy)

Eldar goes first, turn 1:
Loads and moves seer council in falcon behind a building out of sight from my Lascannon. Advances his guardians (middle of field) and Vyper (right flank). Attacks Russ with b/l. Crew shaken. Fires at Infantry Platoon w/ starcannon (misses).

IG turn 1:
Advance Sentinels to middle of field, pop smoke. Moves 2 infantry platoons up the right flank along with Command Section and fires at Falcon w/ Lascannon (misses). Pop smoke w/ Russ. Moves Lascannon into LOS w/ Falcon.

Eldar turn 2:
Moves Falcon between 2 buildings so he has a LOS at Sentinels. Unloads Seer Council. Advances Guardians. Fires w/ b/l at Sentinels (misses). Charges the Sentinels with Seer Council (all destroyed). Fires at Russ w/ b/l on Vyper (hits, but bounces off the side armor) and with the starcannon (hits, but it repulsed by the front armor of the Russ).

IG turn 2:
Moves infantry platoon 1 into CC with Vyper (takes it down with grenades) and sends the infantry platoon 2 along with the Command Section to engage the starcannon squad. Fires w/ Lascannon at Falcon (destroys it) and fires at Seer Council with Lascannon and 2 hvy bolters on Russ (takes down 1 Warlock). Fires at Starcannon squad with infantry platoon 2 (takes down 3).

Eldar turn 3:
Seer council moves into CC w/ HQ (guarding the Russ). 2 Guardsmen die. Starcannon squad fires at infantry platoon 2 (1 guardsmen dies). Guardians move to take out the Lascannon squad.

IG turn 3:
(Things looking bad for me) Russ fires at the advancing Guardians w/ Lascannon and hvy bolters (takes out 4) and Infantry Platoon 2 and Command Section charge the Starcannon squad. (all but 2 killed). The HQ and Seer Council continues their battle (another Warlock killed) and the Lascannons fire at Guardians (1 dies).

Eldar turn 4 (final turn):
The Seer Council finishes off my HQ as they prepare to assault my Russ. The Guardians move into CC with my Lascannon squad (all killed!) the starcannon squad kills 2 Guardsmen but are then wiped out.

IG turn 4:
The Russ attacks the Seer council with Lascannon and hvy bolters (only 2 Farseers remain) and Infantry Platoon 1 holds one corner while the Command Section holds another corner. Infantry Platoon 2 advances on the Guardians and fires (shots fall short).

We decided not to play another turn because the Eldar player had to leave. He “gave” me the victory. Please LMK if there is anything I can do next time to better my playing?

"Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all strategem is lost, and when all strategem is lost, the battle is lost."

http://www.guitar.com/discuss/img/m2819383-3262.jpe

I HATE PANTS!