News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40K Online United Nations Project? dont click here!!!  (Read 9035 times)

Offline Ashman

• Fear of Bovines. | Cool title here until Devern thinks of something better
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: 40K Online United Nations Project? dont click here!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 10:33:35 AM »
I like this idea. I love the name you came up with too. So yeah, someone make a banner! :P

CM

Offline Captain Leonidas

• Our Little Red Friend - Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Sword of Santiago
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 11:55:31 AM »
So what do the 40KUN get to do? Make rules, condemn, sanction and prescribe aids as the world event goes by?

as for division of the DB, it's only natural due to the different background (politically, sociologically, economically etc etc) that we have different opinions....but the UN roleplaying probably makes the hot shot need to calm a bit and tone down those sarcasm.

Of course I think we get the right to be flippant as well just like real politicians do...
Signature Pending Update :P

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 12:07:14 PM »
The Mod structure already represents the Security Council as they're/we're the ones who can actually enforce rulings and decisions. While the session floor may recommend action and decisions it's the SC which makes them work.

But anywho, as i said...im up for being Prime Minister of Australia, we have no nuclear technology so i cant harm anyone (plus all this North Korea stuff is having a big impact on us)

Australia has nuclear power plants so does have nuclear technology.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Stormtrooper of the Dominion

• Staring up at heaven through the bottom of a glass
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 05:25:33 PM »
Well seeing as no Canadians have piped up I volunteer myself as the Canadian diplomant.  I'm a card carrying liberal after all so that means I have a manifest destiny to rule ;)
"Yes, something invulnerable, unburiable is within me, something that rends rocks: It is called MY WILL.  Silently its steps and unchanging through the years." - Fredrich Nietzsche from "The Funeral Song"

"Thunder Wolves" - 4000 pts

Offline Balthraka

• Dracite
  • This is a lie
    • Betting on Monopoly
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 05:53:56 PM »
But anywho, as i said...im up for being Prime Minister of Australia, we have no nuclear technology so i cant harm anyone (plus all this North Korea stuff is having a big impact on us)

Australia has nuclear power plants so does have nuclear technology.

OK, Sorry i meant for use in weapons.
We have none and our PM has no want for them.

And nuclear energy is only just becoming a big topic here.

LOW (AB)
COME SEE THE BIG LIST OF CHAOS ARMY LISTS FOR SOME TRIED AND TESTED LISTS USED BY FORUM MEMBERS

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 08:32:05 PM »
OK, Sorry i meant for use in weapons.
We have none and our PM has no want for them.

What? You're trying to tell me that you can have a nuclear power programme and not have it immediately be a means of gaining nuclear weapons? Someone should tell Iran immediately!  ;)

Moving on..... So, even if deligates are selecting themselves, how is the whole process supposed to work? You're going to need a Chairman of some form to maintain order. I suggest your local Mod as he has the means to "silence" posts and posters if they attempt to speak out of turn.
Drink
Knights Tippler

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline chaos0xomega

• Hilary Clinton FTW!
  • Fabricator-General of being banned.
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 09:16:16 PM »

and as a standing rule we would have no veto power for any nation and a revolving security council that had no permanent members...

cool?

huzzah?

No, not cool.

Because then we aren't actually solving the problems in a way that the UN could. If we're going to try to prove ourselves as being superior to the obviously inferior UN, then we have to to do it by the UN's book.

Shotty US diplomat, no blitz! OH YEAH! I'm BUSH Mk II
BANNED!
This user has been banned for regular breaches of Forum rules.

Offline Lomendil

• Mad Prophet of Commorragh
  • Ancient
  • If it's comprehensible, it's obselete
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006, 09:28:05 PM »
Sign me up for North Korea please. I love those guys.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006, 09:31:42 PM »
Sign me up for North Korea please. I love those guys.

Take North and South Korea. That way you can really go at it amongst yourself even if no-one else is paying attention.

c0xo should get Cuba or maybe Luxenberg.  :)
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline Lomendil

• Ancient
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 09:36:51 PM »
I'm serious, I do want to take North Korea. All the other countries are boring. Except China. Yeah, so North Korea or China would suit me fine.

And, just to snipe back with pedantry, the country is Luxembourg. Chaos0xomega would do better with Venezuela though IMO.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2006, 09:41:45 PM »
And, just to snipe back with pedantry, the country is Luxembourg.   

Good call. I wasn't even close with that guess.

Chaos0xomega would do better with Venezuela though IMO.

How about the Vatican or Sealand?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 09:42:53 PM by Barr'El O'Rum »
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline Lomendil

• Ancient
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2006, 09:50:59 PM »
Or The Kingdom of Lovely, maybe - very in keeping with Chaosxomega's own loveliness.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 09:53:21 PM »
faithlessmonkeigh - go back to your first post in this thread and start building a list of who wants to represent what. That way people may see what's going on as far as deligates.

Once/if this gets going we'll probably have to kick it over to the RP Board though.
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2006, 09:54:47 PM »
Could I be the diplomat for the city of R'leyh? I am the voice of Cthulhu and/or his puppet. Seriously though this sounds like a neat thing I'd join.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Devern, The Unsung Hero

• I will slumber until called upon
  • Ancient
  • Look out Boys, I'm coming
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2006, 10:26:12 PM »
I feel that the Mods should make the security council, haha.  I think ban power is a pretty good veto :p

But, I like the idea, go for it!
Quote from: Sheep
FMG is a Swiss army knife. Always a tool, but with so many functions. And he fits right in your pocket.
I cut a hole in your head, using it as a hump-hole.[/color]
We have some messed up people here..

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2006, 12:27:42 AM »
Could I be the diplomat for the city of R'leyh? I am the voice of Cthulhu and/or his puppet. Seriously though this sounds like a neat thing I'd join.

I'd vote for you, you're probably the best candidate to represent our master  :D.

Offline Fury

• Glory to the Dark Gods
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2006, 03:17:15 AM »
Having that other guy (chaosoxomega) as U.S. diplomat would be too close to the real thing...

I hereby swear that as a representative of the United States, I will not go barging into other members sovreign space, even if I think they are harboring made-up weapons of mass destruction. I hearby swear to not condemn other countires systems of government, even though deep down I may have a seriously delusional superiority complex about my country's place in the world. I hearby swear to shut the hell up and listen to the other members of the assembly, except when they say that my president smells like sulphur (I suspect he smells more like Old Spice and reeks of corruption, but I digress)

And as a final note, I will be nothing like John Bolton, because he is a royal d___.

Seriously, part of what I really like about this space is talking to people from all over the world. That and I work odd hours, so I tend to be awake when the Aussies and the N.Z. folks are up. Sounds like a good idea, although I'm not sure what the structure is...a forum to debate issues based on your country's interest perhaps? A reasonable approach to non-proliferation? A world wide Utopia of paradise on Earth?

Well, maybe not. But I'm in for the US of A.
Ruinous Powers - My Chaos Space Marines Blog
http://ruinouspowers.blogspot.com

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2006, 03:56:37 AM »

and as a standing rule we would have no veto power for any nation and a revolving security council that had no permanent members...

cool?

huzzah?

No, not cool.

Because then we aren't actually solving the problems in a way that the UN could. If we're going to try to prove ourselves as being superior to the obviously inferior UN, then we have to to do it by the UN's book.

Shotty US diplomat, no blitz! OH YEAH! I'm BUSH Mk II
Well that makes no sense whatsoever

"The UN is crap, but in order to prove how crap it is we're going to make ourselves just as crap as it is! Only better, obviously"

Nice
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline faithlessmonkeigh

• Dracon. Nope, no more title shenanigans.
  • let me!! judge you!!
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2006, 07:11:32 AM »
yuh that was why i suggested what i suggested.

because the UN sucks, it is not a forum where all are equal, thats its biggest fault.
how can it be a senate of the world if one or two countries can control the show.

the exact same reason the league of nations failed... it cannot control or make the larger nations pay for their sins. and its worse now, nothing can happen in the UN just as in the World Bank that goes against the vested interests of the major powers, even if it does  good for the rest of the world.

thats why it has to be the way it is or i dont want to have anything to do with it.

and i believe that the head chairman should be someone who can commit time to this thing and bring up points of discussion for the 40kUNline diplomats to debate over, otherwise it gets a bit messy with people debating all sorts of different ideas at the same time.

i think the chairman should be voted by the diplomats so its someone that they all respect, i think that the chairman should have a "whip" who would be the mod, who he could go to if things got messy with the members.

ok the nations we have on the member map: ARgentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, CHile, CHina, Croatia, Czech's, DEnmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, JApan, sth Korea, Kuwait, MAlta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, POland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia montenegro, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, TAiwan, UK, US, VAtican City.

these are the nations we should do first seeing as those are the ones with members, the other missing larger nations can be filled in later.

heres what im gonna do.... im gonna go to reigionals, and set up a thread for NZ, where all the kiwis can vote for our diplomat, maybe the first one in for each nation could do the same?

otherwise this thread is gonna become muoy messy, when all it should be about right now is advertising the idea so everyone hears about it

faithless

« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 07:17:06 AM by faithlessmonkeigh »

...Aaaaaaaand you completely missed the point of the topic.  Thanks.
-Kyure -

Offline Dr. Ravingburger

• Ork Boy | No stranger to love.
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2006, 07:31:52 AM »
I shall be U.S., or failing that, Germany.