News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Real newbie questions - so be gentle!  (Read 481 times)

Offline swish

• "Do unto others - then spit"
Real newbie questions - so be gentle!
« on: November 17, 2003, 06:05:59 AM »
Hi all - real glad to have found your community - have plenty questions!!

First off - My introduction to 40K was via the space marines (I have a couple of BT models - about 15) and then I discovered the Eldar.  Now I've bought Codex Eldar as well as the craftworld supplement.  My question is :
If you build a custom army, meaning that their uniforms etc do not necessarily relate to a specific craftworld, can you still use the army lists from the codex craftworld eldar.  More specifically I would like to paint up my models in my own designs and use the biel-tann list ( i like the idea of having lots of elites running around).

Is this legal??? ???

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Real newbie questions - so be gentle!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 06:24:12 AM »
Welcome to EO/40k.ca!

Yes, it is perfectly legal. It even says so in the Codex: Craftworld Eldar, in black and white. Don't worry about it.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Koonitz

• Ignorance is your greatest enemy
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 10:40:39 AM »
*hits him with a frying pan* Oh, sorry! you said to be gentle, not to NOT be gentle... Sorry about that... *patchs him up as best a Guardsman can*
While your question was answered, I thought I'd throw this in:
We here at the forums have several sticky posts designed to cover frequently asked questions, and to give people a heads up on what is to be expected here. First, I suggest you take the time to read them. Second, we have one concerning this very question in the "Rules and Questions" forum. Check it out here:
http://www.40k.ca/community/index.php?topic=28487

As well, being a newbie, I'll give you this heads up. That link is to www.40k.ca, which shares several forums with Eldar Online, including this one (Which I am posting on from 40k.ca) and the Rules and Questions. 40k.ca also shares accounts, so you already have an account for it. 40k.ca has forums for every race that does not have the word "Eldar" in it's name. Feel free to drop by.
"I like to think of this lovely place as my home. Now you wouldn't even think about upsetting me in my home, would you? Of course you wouldn't. So do what I say, when I say, and I won't get upset. I do bad things when I'm upset."
-Drill Instructor, MechWarrior 2

"It is not my responsibility to prove you are wrong. It is your responsibility to prove you are right."
-Koonitz

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Free Company

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 07:48:58 PM »
That's absoluty fine, in fact I see it as encouraged! Not only does it add a "personized touch" to your army, but it opens up the door for conversions and fluff writing! I find people seem to take the whole "colour scheme" thing too seriously, after all, it's your army and your money, so do what makes it fun for you.

Oh and welcome to EO/40k.ca!
Quote from: Ixe
Revile and cast out Vallejo matte varnish, for it is a vile and sinful creation!  Kneel before the altar of Testor's Dullcote, the dullest of all cotes, upon which the Emperor smiles!