News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Help me with Flyrant options  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Hive Fleet Bahamut

• I like to play with my food before I eat it!
Help me with Flyrant options
« on: November 24, 2013, 08:25:21 PM »
So the newest release of our HQ combined with the Swarmlord is one of my favourite looking models.  Unfortunately the Scything Talon feet (really just extended his hooves if you look closely) restrict to one other weapon option.  This has worked fine for me because I immediately figured out the value of the although somewhat cumbersome Fleshborer Hive Conversion, to be counts as Brainleech Devourers.  I just smashed those on and was content with that.

Trying to get the army all painted it came to the point of whether to magnetize/pin/glue options.  Which has been the better option for you and any reasons as to why?
Tyranid assimilation brought to you by the letters "Om nom"

Offline Gunner_Sabot_Tank

• Armies: IG, GK, Tyranids, Blood Angels
Re: Help me with Flyrant options
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 10:46:10 PM »
For me, magnetizing nid arms is just too much of a pain in the ass. all mine are glued with the exception of one carnifex that i bought off a guy retiring his nids. it already had magnets. What I did with my flyrants was bore out a small pocket in one of the "joints" along the main limb running through the wing. I sized it just right and fit a pair of devourer arms in there.
Vincere Vel Mori

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
Re: Help me with Flyrant options
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 08:28:02 AM »
The new Nid codex is rumored (very heavily, there are pictures) to be released Dec/Jan.
Usually waiting for the next codex is a little foolish as you could be waiting forever to finish a project but in this case with only a few weeks till release it maybe best to wait and see what options work in the new versions of the rules.