News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tomb Spyders.....  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Saturnman

• I'm a llama!
Tomb Spyders.....
« on: October 17, 2002, 01:22:21 PM »
How many of you use Tomb Spyders? I was "thinking" of adding 1 in my 1.5k list,because of the scarab creation,and how good they are vs. marines,or any basic troop in general..

Any ideas? Tactics?

Offline SledgeHammer

• Listen to Papa bear's message.
Re:Tomb Spyders.....
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2002, 01:31:43 PM »
hmm, i don't use Tomb Spyders. I don't know why really, they seem to be good, but i don't wanna spend like 15$ on one model  :-\  

But i guess that u should Keep them infront of your warriors.It gives birth to scarabs, so maybe in the back instead....dammet. Im not sure, hope that someone who really knows will answer this one ;D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2002, 05:48:11 PM by SledgeHammer »
"Give me a hundred Space Marines.
Or failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Offline ShadowX

• Life is a privilege. Death is your right.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2002, 03:48:08 PM »
I hope count as someone who knows, lol.

I regularly use 1 in my 1K army, and anything over that always includes at least 2.  Money wasn't really an issue as I bought the army deal anyway.

I personally think they rock, plain and simple.  Their ability to create Scarab's helps them soak up Heavy Weapons fire like Lascannons without damage, if they're firing more, they must really hate that 55 pt. model.  In HTH he's invaluable, providing you with a very nasty speed bump.  Very few squads can get through T6, and the fact that he's fearless means they stay right there, waiting for a countercharge or just to be ignored.  His ability to raise dead Necron's is icing on the cake.  Spyder's are definitely worth it in my book.  Use them to bolster your lines, and provide HTH deterents.  You'd be amazed how many people hate them.

As a side note I'd recommend Duel Claws, rather than a Particle Projector.  My Spyder's tend to get into HTH rather quickly one way or another, and that one round of (generally poor ) shooting you get off generally doesn't pay for the extra attacks you'll lose.

Xhadow
Aegis insubstantial; before the deluge.

We are already Dead.

Only the Insane have the strength to prosper.  Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane.

I shall become a Blight upon the land.  And everything I touch shall wither and die.

Offline SledgeHammer

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2002, 05:49:45 PM »
Maybe i should get one of those for my 1500p army. But im so damn busy with my Imperial Guards. And it's getting expensive since i only want the metalic models ;D

Offline Insidious Heresy

• General, Hero of Medusa V
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2002, 10:19:42 PM »
the necronplayer that uses Tomb Spyders, contrary to wha has been said before me, likes to use them as a support unit waiting behind the necron warriors instead of infront.  Raising warriors that got shot up in battle and producing scarab swarms in the mean time when nothing is happening so that they can make a last ditch grab of an objective and be able to stay there.

Offline Padawan Archon

• Enter the survival horror...
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2002, 03:11:55 PM »
it can make unlimited scarbs i would take 9 and make 45 scarabs in 5 turns, imagine that.

Offline SledgeHammer

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2002, 08:30:53 PM »
it can make unlimited scarbs i would take 9 and make 45 scarabs in 5 turns, imagine that.

hehehhe. U know, that is not a bad idéa. 45 scarabs *drool*  hmm, what would you do with 45 scarabs? One hell of a defense line!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2002, 08:31:31 PM by SledgeHammer »

Offline Padawan Archon

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2002, 02:32:42 PM »
tomb spyders are something to max out on in a necron army. a cheap and fun army would be lord w/ vod 9 spyders and the rest troops. deepstrike the spyders and then make loadsa scarabs and have mass wounds/ attacks.

Offline ShadowX

• Life is a privilege. Death is your right.
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2002, 09:01:26 PM »
That'd be wondeful, if you could use the Viel on Tomb Spyders.  Since their not Necrons, you couldn't teleport them, even if you could you could only take 3 with you.  It'd take you 5-6 turns to get all your Spyder's over there, and they'd promptly be shot to pieces on the way =).

Xhadow
Aegis insubstantial; before the deluge.

We are already Dead.

Only the Insane have the strength to prosper.  Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane.

I shall become a Blight upon the land.  And everything I touch shall wither and die.

Offline IGMAN

• A use for a lasgun, a seat warmer.
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2002, 03:02:55 PM »
9 tomb spiders would be great. But you would be losing a lot of wounds because the dreaded 1's would be comming when you create scarabs.

Offline Padawan Archon

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2002, 04:50:27 PM »
then deepstrike the warriors, and he deepstrikes everything within 6". but the 1 you roll is nothing compared to the 3 you gain.