News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000pts. Armored tourney list.  (Read 3284 times)

Offline R.I.P.L.E.Y.

• Warriors of forever, will sacrifice tonight.
Re: 1000pts. Armored tourney list.
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 07:21:04 AM »
Well, I have now re-organized my army. I was thinking MotF for 2+ cover save for my scouts but I can't decide.
Save us tonight, the last hope for all of us, lightyears gone by and we're still holding on.

Count started 28.9.2008
******* Win *** Draw *** Lose*******
Marines     13          3             2
Kriegs       5            6             2
Eldar         9            0             0

Offline Major Arah

• Major
  • Don't think that arrows are outdated
Re: Unfair 1000pts. Armored tourney list.
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 07:48:52 AM »
Well, I quess that he wasn't so good player, as he didn't use his smoke launchers or cover. Actually I have always thought that LRCs are worst LRs ever.

I like crusaders, but then again I am a black templars player so go figure.

Good luck tho ok  :)

I find this comment funny and dunno how much of a feminist you are but only after you said you were a girl did we change our attitude towards you. Sad really sorry that this is a male dominated game...

But alas I shall jump on the boat and wish you well. But just try to put as many bodies on the table. I mean in 1000 points if you put down

2 squads of meltagun and lascannon tacticals and 3 squads of flamer and missile launcher tacticas your opponent will really have a hard time trying to kill all of them a much harder time than trying to kill 3 Land Raiders and 20 Scouts as instead of dealing with a maximum of 8 units in this list they will have to contend with 11 with the one above.
Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet. - Dave Barry

Offline Tarrin the Space Marine

• Sullied Smug
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • It's ok to be scared...
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 08:08:31 AM »
cover didn't really have much to do in the game and it can be pretty hard to hide a LR. and against drop troops with markerlight support smoke is nigh on useless.

The sad thing is that the meltagun is now the weapon of choice, on deepstrike, outflanking drop podding guys, and even at 1k this will still happen. Despite the cover save tanks are just to easy to kill in 5th to not bother taking them.

you seem to have your mind set on it so good luck and let us know how you do.

However, everything about Tarrin is unfair and should be sanctioned with extreme prejudice.

The Globals have issued a 2:1 ruling that yes, yes everything about Tarrin is indeed unfair. We have also been sullied merely by contemplating this.

Offline popsical

• BANNED: Now I can't pretend to ragequit
  • Mass debating: a filthy group affair!
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 09:20:36 AM »
Good luck tho ok  :)

Quote from arah "I find this comment funny and dunno how much of a feminist you are but only after you said you were a girl did we change our attitude towards you. Sad really sorry that this is a male dominated game..."

HEY SPEAK FOR YOURSELF MATE... i think you will see that in the post before i knew she was a she, i wished her luck too lol
Dont tar everyone with the same brush.  :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:28:06 AM by popsical »
These are my thoughts and opinions.
I am no more right or wrong than you or any other.
I reserve the right to agree/disagree with anything i please, as do you.
Forums are an arena to exchange ideas, not brow beat and shout down others.
Miss-interpretation of posts is common.

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 10:41:34 AM »
Your list is a one-trick-pony, as most everyone else has said, but, hey, it sounds like a fun army to put on the table, so if you really want to field this list, go right ahead. 

That being said, you've been given lots of advice about what types of lists can destroy yours.  Now, you should be asking the question of tactics -- how should I play this list to best effect against the various armies I'm likely to face at a tournament?

To answer that, it would help if you can describe the general types of lists you expect to face, if you know your local opponents well enough to give us that information.  Otherwise, those who have offered examples of lists that will beat yours could follow up with suggestions for facing them successfully.

I, sometimes, play a highly mechanized list with a Combat Squaded Scout Squad, so can tell you how I use them.  First, the Scout Squad should have five Snipers which, when Combat Squaded, can be infiltrated on an objective, or in the case of Victory Points, in an elevated position with a good field of fire.  The other five should be equipped with Bolt Pistol/close combat weapon witht he sergeant having a Power Weapon or 'fist and, maybe, a Combi-Flamer or -Melta.  This Squad can be held in Reserves if you think there will be a good target of opportunity or, more commonly, placed in a position to protect the Snipers from assault.  The entire unit should be equipped with Camo Cloaks. 

Realize that the main purpose of these two Combat Squads is not to deal damage to your opponent, but to draw his fire away from your other units.  Going to Ground in Cover (4+) with Camo Cloaks gives these squads a 2++ Save.  As small as they are, they can survive for a very long time under heavy fire.  Don't worry if they remain pinned (Gone to Ground) every Turn.  That just means that every Turn your opponent is wasting fire from one or more of his own units on them.

The rest of your army list is short-range fire.  So, embark the Terminators in one of the 'Raiders and advance into your opponent's face.  Since you only have one Terminator Squad, that 'Raider should shoot forward as far as possible first Turn, but the other two don't have to move more than 6".  Your Captain should be joined to the Terminators.  If you have the points, you should go ahead and give him Artificer Armor, but don't bother with giving him Terminator Armor.  He already has a better Invulnerable Save and you'd be spending more points for the 2+ Armor Save and losing other options (like Sweeping Advance if he leaves the Terminators and joins another unit or goes off on his own).

I hope this helps,

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 11:50:18 AM »
I am not worried obout nids. I can drive faster than they move. Additoinal. 4 Las cannons will take couple fexs down anytime.
So flying Ninjarants aren't going to catch you? Ever? You'll only outpace them at the cost of being able to drop troops off, or sacrificing most of your firepower.

Offline R.I.P.L.E.Y.

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 12:54:24 AM »
Thats only one Tyrant with str6. And even if it catches me it still needs 6s to hit.
Save us tonight, the last hope for all of us, lightyears gone by and we're still holding on.

Count started 28.9.2008

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 04:25:04 PM »
Thats only one Tyrant with str6. And even if it catches me it still needs 6s to hit.
If you got to move. I know it's hard to plan for everything but... Try to plan for everything. Drop a Land Raider, aqcuire 2 or 3 more Scout squads. That'll make it more rounded and give you a better chance at winning.

Offline R.I.P.L.E.Y.

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2009, 10:46:22 AM »
Well, now there is my final list. I'd like to hear which lists and armys are weak on this and which are weak.

Count started 28.9.2008

Offline NewHeretic

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 11:24:21 AM »
It looks like you now have 20 points left to spend to get to 1000.  I suggest you upgrade the Tactical Sergeants' Power Weapons to Powerfists.  Or, you cold add Multi-Meltas to each of your 'Raiders or give a Power Weapon and Melta Bombs to your Captain.

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

Offline Major Arah

• Major
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 01:04:49 PM »
HEY SPEAK FOR YOURSELF MATE... i think you will see that in the post before i knew she was a she, i wished her luck too lol
Dont tar everyone with the same brush.  :)

Ok sorry. Will bring the fine detail brush along next time ;)

I would say powerfists for the win!
Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet. - Dave Barry

Offline R.I.P.L.E.Y.

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 06:31:48 PM »
Well, I was 2nd. I did lose one game, and that was against the Eldars. There was like two wraithlords and avatar which punched through my lines.

Count started 28.9.2008

Offline Major Arah

• Major
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 02:26:59 AM »
Well, I was 2nd. I did lose one game, and that was against the Eldars. There was like two wraithlords and avatar which punched through my lines.

Now that is power gaming... Or if they had brought along two seer councils. Well looks like you didn't do too bad after all.

Offline NewHeretic

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 10:59:54 PM »

Congratulations! 

By the way, did you put Powerfists on your Tactical Sergeants like we advised?  They may not have been enough to stop two Wraithlords and an Avatar, but without them, you wouldn't have stood a chance.

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

Offline R.I.P.L.E.Y.

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 04:02:47 PM »
No I didn't 'cause I didn't have any points left :-\

Count started 28.9.2008