News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: girlie tau  (Read 3129 times)

Offline kyle vp

girlie tau
« on: September 30, 2008, 11:23:12 PM »
I was starting to blog this on another site, but my first home will always be eldar online so I decided to do it here too.

So, here it is in all it's glory, the beginning few stages of the girlie tau project.  Heavy neon colors on a white base.  It is a real rough scheme for me because the black lines can't be washed on and leave it shiny clean looking, and I have a near parkinsins like shake.... it seems to be looking fine on table top but not holding up to close inspection.
the squads will be a range of 6 different florescents.  Primarily pink.  So if fielding 6 squads of fire warriors, they will be 6 different colors.  So far things are looking okay.

She already has a matching hot pink and black outfit to wear when we go play  ::) 

Here are a few pictures

« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 11:24:58 PM by kyle vp »

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
Re: girlie tau
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2008, 10:55:12 AM »
I love the light grey/lime green, and the orange/grey models.  Those are very awesome.

The pink... looks fine on gun drones and tank, but HURTS on the others. :D
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2008, 11:39:34 AM »
Very sexy stuff, however I think it's a lil bit too simple...

I would just use one of those fluo colors, the way you use it it's like this army doesn't have a uniform color sheme.

I ask myself...hmm why are the drones orange? Why are piranhas yellow while the hammerhead is pink?
A bit too chaotic and tau like order you know...

Going for everything pink white would be kickass (or any other fluo)
but here you're mixing a bit too much...
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline kyle vp

« Reply #3 on: October 1, 2008, 04:23:02 PM »
there will be *alot* more pink when the army is done, these are just a few sample figures so I can test the different ones.   This is a very good point though, I have to make sure I don't get side tracked with the other colors.  The idea is to have the other colors look more like highlights for the army.  (lots of pink squads, and then a couple yellow, maybe one purple green and orange)

Looking at these pictures I see more and more what you mean about chaotic,  here it looks like a pile of legos thrown into a box....

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #4 on: October 1, 2008, 04:30:56 PM »
Wow.  I absolutely love this.  Where did you get these awesome Neon-colors?  They are not GW Paints.  Man, I love painting my Orks so that they burn your eyes out when you look at them.  I would love to also try out paints like these for my next unit!

You have a lucky Girlfriend.  It is nice that you are putting in time to enjoy the hobby together.
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline kyle vp

« Reply #5 on: October 4, 2008, 05:11:41 AM »
update to the girlie tau project!

Got most of a squad of fire warriors done, here is a picture of them, and a picture of most of the army so far.

Offline kyle vp

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 11:53:16 PM »
here's an update of a few of the suits painted, and ready for basing and sealant.

The orange drones are for an orange squad.  The neon colors are what I'm doing instead of squad markings.  Once I get the third squad painted up I'll do a picture of each one, and an explanation of the poses.  I do agree that in that first picture, the mix of colors looked pretty horrific for tau.  But they were test figures for the different colors ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 11:55:29 PM by kyle vp »

Offline Screwhead

• Keeping Music Evil
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 05:13:09 AM »
Wow, that's actually a pretty awesome colour scheme, and I can totally imagine these Tau all going to a rave decked out like that ;D

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 09:25:56 AM »
they look very happy and gay ;)

keep at it
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 03:14:14 PM »
I got a question?

Do these guy do drugs?
Do they like to dance?

I bet enemy is terrified while thinking what these guys will do to them after the battle...

I bet they have a lot of soapbars in their toilets XD
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.