News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: For all Ork Players  (Read 3287 times)

Offline AceV53

For all Ork Players
« on: September 2, 2002, 11:51:09 PM »
     Why did you choose Orks as your army compared to all the other armies out there?
     I am seriously thinking about taking up Orks. I want to choose soon because my local games store is selling everything for 25% off and I want to take advantage of that greatly!  :)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

"All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."
-Steve Martin in Sergeant Bilko

Offline Kal

Re:For all Ork Players
« Reply #1 on: September 3, 2002, 05:38:40 AM »
There get (origanal or what!!). I play em because I got fed up of fielding space marines that are basically elite... With orks, You can lose masses of Orks and still have a very effective army ( I play Goffs...lots of basic orks). They are pretty easy and quick to paint as well and you dont have to paint each one up to a high standard, there orks, they look rough anyway.

Basic orks are some of the best infranty in the game for damage potenial (with the expection of Str 3). Slugga boyz get 4 attacks on the charge, all for 9 points a peice, and field em in large groups and morle checks dont play a part for the first half of the game (unless you go wondering up the middle into a fire base!! ;D)

Ork Nobz are great and with the new assault rules, have become even better (Most of my guys are getting new shiny power claws) and are again pretty cheap and with 2 wounds are better than most expensive 1 wound guys.

Choppa, these are great. Reducing all saves to 4+ can really worry people and force them into mistakes and makes SM Terminatros damn right unless against normal boyz. My Warboss only armed with a Choppa and Big Shotta, in two rounds of combat went through five Chaos Terminators without a being touched (about 90 pts).

Ork Trucks are get transports, respecially for Trukk Boyz as they only get had on a 6! Burn it into your enemies fire base and which the confusion!!!

Well, there you go, hope this helps

Kal

PS You can also take a Baslisk, annoy's marine players no end ( trust me!! ;D)

Offline Imperial Sardaukar

« Reply #2 on: September 5, 2002, 03:13:58 AM »
I took Orks because they are just plain cool. Huge mobs of greenskins swarming over everything, dying everywhere, but not caring. Sweeping over the Imperial elite and Eldar forces like a green carpet....mulching everything. Gotta love it.

Plus, when i started playing, every SINGLE player at the GW store near me played Space Marines. Every single one...EVERY...singl e...one...and that pissed me off...so...i took up the unkempt Orks and joined the He-Man Space Marine haters club.

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #3 on: September 5, 2002, 09:29:07 AM »
Right on brother!

Anyway I started collecting when I brought my first GW game GORKAMORKA.

AHH the good ole' days.

Offline AceV53

« Reply #4 on: September 6, 2002, 12:37:44 AM »
Yeah same here, quite a few people in the local game shop here play some chapter of the Space Marines. I've got one Eldar buddy and that's about it. The other 5 friends play Dark Angels(2), Black Templar, Space Wolves(2). Get's really boring to play marines over and over again but at least I'm gaining experience at kickin around Marines.
I've decided to go Orks. This weekend I will buy two boxes of Boyz, A Warboss, A new codex, and a few paints. There is now one more Ork player on Eldar Online!  ;D
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "

Offline Kal

« Reply #5 on: September 8, 2002, 06:33:42 AM »
Thats gonna be a really nice core force ( i done the same!!). What are you planning on making the boyz into - shoota's or Slugga boyz?? I just made up 2 mobs of 20 Slugga boyz to begin with ( Add a Nobz and 3 big shoota's). That soon gives you loads of basic lads that kick ass!!!  ;D

Can I say that with your warboss, you dont need to give him anything expect a Slugga and Choppa and 'Eavy armour - he doesnt need all the extra wargear from the codex to make him a killing a machine especially with the new 2" kill zone thingy...

Good Luck and Go Kill some Marine, Waaaaaaaaaagh  ;D

Kal

Offline AceV53

« Reply #6 on: September 8, 2002, 07:01:26 PM »
Well I'm gonna make most of the boyz into slugga boyz and a few into shoota boyz because i use sluggas more. I always equip my Warboss with 'Eavy Armor, Bionic Bonce, Choppa, iron gob, and a two handed weapon depending on who I'm playing against.
BTW what do you mean by the 2" kill zone thingy?

« Reply #7 on: September 8, 2002, 07:56:17 PM »
 ???

What Kill Zone thingy? Im confused.

Anyway, i did the same thing. 2 boxes, a Warboss and a Codex.
Then i bought a 3rd box....and a box of 5 Nobz.
So i currently have 2, 16 Ork Slugga Boyz mobs, and 1, 16 Ork Shoota Boyz mob with 3 big shootas, Warboss with Bosspole, big shoota and choppa, and the posse of 5 Nobz he looks so sexy with.
698 points....guess i should hit 1000.

WAAAGGHHH! Death to....well...everyt hing!
(Cept my Ork Warlord buddies. Lets just cut out this foolish infighting and wipe the smile off the faces of those darn Eldar and those stupid He-man Space Marines.)

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #8 on: September 8, 2002, 10:10:17 PM »
2" Kill zone is in the 'Trial' Assualt Rules (Why don't they just call it what it is, the 'NEW assualt rules)

« Reply #9 on: September 8, 2002, 10:32:47 PM »
Oh...i see...

I havent even bothered to look at them. Im not changing the way i play until its printed up in a new edition Rule Book. Or until someone FORCES me to change over. If it aint printed in that book, it aint legit for me.

Offline Kal

« Reply #10 on: September 9, 2002, 05:46:43 AM »
They were in the latest White Dwarf (UK) and I think they are now offical rules but I'm not sure.

After the basic 2 boxes and a Warboss, I filled out the rest of the mobs with a nob and 3 big shoota's and got myself five nobs for my warboss and 15 Stormboyz  ;D and a small Tankbusta's mob (still half done really).

I've just bought the Battle force on ebay for £35, not a bad deal at all, so now I'm gonna have some fast attack to my army and a WarTrukk (been meaning to get on for ages!!!).  8 of the boyz are gonna have Choppa and Slugga and be made into a Trukk mob with the addition of a Nob and a Burna. The rest are being saved for my next buy for the army (another battle force!!!  ;D ). I'll do the same again so I get another trukk mob and the left over boyz will be made into a 16 strong shoota's boyz mob (I need the Slugga arms for the warbikes). Ten warbikes should be able to put out a lot of good covering fire!!!!

If any of the Warbosses on here want some good deals on Orks,check out http://www.buchancollect.com/fronts/index.htm?firstbody.htm
This web site has get prices for anyone in the UK.

Kal

Offline Archon Xanath

• RTFM
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2002, 03:52:28 PM »
They were in the latest White Dwarf (UK) and I think they are now offical rules but I'm not sure.

They're Chapter Approved Optional.  Not official.  They won't be official until 4th edition is released.

AX

Offline Kal

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2002, 09:30:15 AM »
Opps, soz about that, your right (DOH)...

Offline Head Honcho Grubsnik

• Ere we go! Ere we go! Ere we go!
« Reply #13 on: October 4, 2002, 02:01:31 AM »
I play Feral Orks and love 'em (played goff before the feral rules came out). And like everyone else said Marines are the most played army and  IMO the most boring. I play orks because of the sheer covertability.  I am currently making a rebel grot army and plan using some WF golbins (not the night ones). Man I hope these grotz work out but I dont have to worry dey'll smash all da 'umies and da orks in der way!

Orks in general are IMO the funnest army to play and will always be my favorite.

WAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!

"Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die so it don't count as a beat. If we runs for it we don't die neither, so we can allways come back for anuvver go, see!"
Anon

Offline flayling_wildly

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2002, 10:58:21 PM »
 what drew me to orks was my brother bought 2nd edition boxed set and gave them to me. Then i started playing gorkamorka and loved it. Now in 3rd edition i still really like them. Especially when my brother and his mates try 2 beat me with their spacemarines. Like thats gonna happen! but seriously they have a large army full of kickass units. The standard troop that I take is slugga boyz the cost half the points of a S M and have twice the punch.
friendly fire isn't

Offline sply

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2002, 03:00:05 PM »
i collected ldar as my first 40k army, and was a peeved coz they were too good!

and if u lost one unit, of sumint like an aspect, game over.........

but the orks r fun, fast (i collect sped freeks), ad they kik ass!

Offline Foolishness

• *feeling Foolish*
The rules
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2002, 05:53:28 PM »
All orks in hand to hand combat fight as normal, all orks within 2 inch of that ork who are not in hand to hand add a + 1 th the orks attack dice but like wise if you have 2 orks in hand to hand and 1 in 2 inch against a deamon who rolls 3 + wounds then all 3 are effected, 2inch rule is SICK for ork players in a sense cause we cant get to the front soon enough BUT likewise we will due faster :( but that wont stop us rushing...... ;D
Gorkamorka was a game for legends!
The quickest way to end a war is to lose it.
- George Orwell (1903 - 1950)